Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-22-2008   #21
9nines
Rookie

Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
If I was a Titan fan the last team I would want to face in the playoffs would be the Steelers.......
Actually, besides maybe Denver because of an overall weak defense, the Steelers would be the lighter of the play-offs team match-ups for the Titans to face.

The Titans match up very well against the Steelers. The Steelers have a bad offensive line, especially the interior line. The strength of the Titans is the interior of their defensive line. So the Titans strength is amplified and the Steelers weakness is made worse. Then you throw in a mistake-prone quarterback in Roselisberger and it should be preferred match-up for the Titans.

The teams that worry me are the Jets (Favre is great at getting the ball away quickly), Ravens (very sound defense) and Colts (both teams know each other very well and are both are good teams, so any game is a coin-flip chance for both.)

Quote:
it's just stupid to try to rub a team's nose in poo when you might face that same team in the playoffs.
If Titans and Steelers meet it is in the AFC Championship game. Does a team need motivation at that point? If so, it likely would not get there. Also, only rabid Steelers fans are making a big deal out of a towel. With the way most players switch teams etc. and therefore looking at being a player as professional career more than as a fan of a team, I would not doubt if many Steelers players are making fun about how crazy their fans are acting about this situation.

But lets say for a minute that the Steelers players are extra motivated. That could play out as a disadvantage. A problem you have in big games (long rivalries, college bowl games, NFL play-offs, Monday Night NFL games) is that younger, less experienced players get too hyped for the game then with so much adrenaline running, they spend themselves in the first few series then hit a wall the rest of the game. Veteran players and coaches are always trying to calm younger players down so this does not happen because if it happens to a lot of players on your team, then you are at a disadvantage after that “high” wears off in the first few series of the game.

Last edited by 9nines; 12-22-2008 at 09:46 AM.
9nines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Steelers and Titans meet in the playoffs, remember one simple equation:

Ben Roethlisberger > Kerry Collins

Back to topic:
Quote:
Re: Titans are a classless team
Old 12-22-2008   #23
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Atleast we don't lose to the Raiders.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #24
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
No, you just fail to score a damn touchdown against the worst D coordinator in the NFL and lose to the Texans.......good job.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #25
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Back to topic:
Only thing we need to remember is Titans>Steelers

Old 12-22-2008   #26
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
No you just fail to score a damn touchdown against the worst D coordinator in the NFL and lose to the Texans.......good job.
So in insulting the Titans you have to call the Texans terrible. I agree completely I mean we are now 12-2 against your team so it fits but please tell me another reason your team is horrid.

Old 12-22-2008   #27
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon fellas, i'm all for hating the titans, but saying they are a classless team b/c they stomped on a towel is just....reaching. I've got tons of respect for Fisher & how he goes about things. So to say that a team with his imprint stamped all over it is classless is saying that he sanctioned that & i don't believe that at all. Just call it what it is; a dumb move by chessburger eddie & whomever that was with him b/c it provides the Steelers with bulletin board material if they wind up meeting again in the playoffs.

Now, some of the fans.......
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2008   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Typical... Can't stay on topic.
Old 12-22-2008   #29
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Stomping on the terrible towel.......the Titans are a joke and that's going to come back and bite them in the ass when they face the Steelers again in the playoffs. There's a old saying......."let sleeping dogs lie"
Yes a 13-2 joke with the best record in the NFL and have clinched the AFC. What exactly qualifies as a real team in your opinion being a fan of an orginazation who has failed to reach .500 for 7 consecutive season?

Old 12-22-2008   #30
9nines
Rookie

Quote:

Back to topic:
Quote:

Back to topic:
Although Collins was the primary reason the Titans lost to the Texans ( threw very late to very open receivers on crucial downs, four or more times) overall this year, Collins has been much more effective. For example, Roethlisberger has been pretty mistake prone this year; Collins has been pretty solid in that regard. Both of these teams have extremely strong defenses, so both are viewing the QB role as more as a caretaker for both teams, so Roethlisberger has definitely playing his role poorly, whereas Collins is playing that role solid. With that approach I somewhat disagree and I still would like to see Young, thinking it would open up Chris Johnson even more, because defenses would be more porous up front having to contain Young on the sides, but Collins is playing the caretaker role well and if the Titans defense remains dominate, Collins is more than capable of getting it done. I am just worried about pressure on him but with Chris Johnson’s big play ability, defenses can not be too overly aggressive because one missed tackle or player out of position and he can score from anywhere and if a defense can not get QB pressure with its front four, which is hard against the Titans offensive line, Collins might not face too much pressure.

Last edited by 9nines; 12-22-2008 at 10:03 AM.
9nines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #31
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77616 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Stomping on the terrible towel.......the Titans are a joke and that's going to come back and bite them in the ass when they face the Steelers again in the playoffs. There's a old saying......."let sleeping dogs lie"
The Titans are a joke? How would Texans fans/players feel if 15,000 Steeler fans stormed into Reliant and waved those stupid dish rags? Chanted "Here we go Steelers" incessantly all game?

Are you an old Oiler fan like me? I sure as hell remember those trips up to Three Rivers that ruined some damn good seasons. The Titans just showed something I can live with - being pissed and sick of the lack of respect they've gotten all season. After the Texans' game, we were accused of peaking too early, being done without Big Al, etc. etc. First it was a weak schedule. There was always a reason for the Titans to be glossed over as overrated in many folks' eyes and this was the team telling all of their doubters to go shove it. The latest flavor of the month/week got their asses handed to them, and that was without Haynesworth and KVB. I'm just fine playing that crappy offensive line again.

IMO the Titans will have a tougher game in the Divisional against the Ravens/Colts/AFC East Champ.

As for class, guess you don't remember Steeler fans rubbing it in our faces after Gary Anderson's game winning FG in OT, or Hines Ward blindsighting Keith Rivers, or the bounty on Carson Palmer. Screw them. I'm glad the towel got stomped on. I'm sick of the love in that team gets and gladly welcome a rematch.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #32
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Typical... Can't stay on topic.
There is a topic to this tripe? Seems like a bunch of bitter fans taking it out on a 'rival' and being jealous.

Old 12-22-2008   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
There is a topic to this tripe? Seems like a bunch of bitter fans taking it out on a 'rival' and being jealous.
Jealous?......... Ha!!

The topic is relevant. The tits organization from the owner down is classless. The Owner always has been from his drunken days of flipping people off, to present. Obviously, he has brought his players and fans along the way too.
Old 12-22-2008   #34
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You lost to us.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #35
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So in insulting the Titans you have to call the Texans terrible. I agree completely I mean we are now 12-2 against your team so it fits but please tell me another reason your team is horrid.
By terrible do you mean the worst coached defense in the NFL.........if so then yes we're terrible. I still can't believe y'all couldn't score a damn TD against us.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #36
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Stomping on the Terrible Towel. Good for them, I don't think it was classless at all. It was like a victory dance. I would like to stomp on one myself, just like I would like to stomp on Bud's grave one day.

Edited: ...one day soon.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #37
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't see this until this morning. Wow, what brainless yerks.

Sure, Steelers fans are obnoxious as Red Sawx fans, and I can understand the urge to rub it in their faces when they invade your home stadium and make a lot of noise. However, professional football players have to be bigger than that. You cannot act in such a way that the fans feel insulted, even if they're obnoxious fans of the opposing team.

Classless indeed.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #38
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Of course I hate the Titans for obvious reasons (bailing on their fans). However even if this team were still the Houston Oilers as a fan I would have some real concern about their lack of class. We all know about the dirty stuff, their thug players, and the classless comments from players like Butterworth and Finegan.

But man, stomping on that Terrible Towel was just totally classless by that "USC thug" Lendale White. It was also a dumbass move because they are probably going to have to play the Steelers again.

Hopefully someone will take them out in the playoffs and stomp on a possum to rub it in.
They changed cities, not colors. They are still the Oilers and stuff like that is what I miss most about them.

We had the House of Pain for goodness sakes. We took pride in hurting the other team and knocking out there players. We smiled when we got boo'd. One of my most cherished memories is watching one of our guys dragging Mike Tomzack 10 yards down field by his face mask in an attempt to rip it off.

I hate the Titans but I miss the attitude from that organization. Thats what I grew up knowing.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
They changed cities, not colors. They are still the Oilers and stuff like that is what I miss most about them.

We had the House of Pain for goodness sakes. We took pride in hurting the other team and knocking out there players. We smiled when we got boo'd. One of my most cherished memories is watching one of our guys dragging Mike Tomzack 10 yards down field by his face mask in an attempt to rip it off.

I hate the Titans but I miss the attitude from that organization. Thats what I grew up knowing.
I loved the intensity that those defenses played with, but I did not like all the Glanville crap. If I were a betting man, I would say that at least Al Smith and Ray Childress would agree.
Old 12-22-2008   #40
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, however you lost to 2 teams that both lost to the Raiders.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read