Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-23-2008   #221
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans are a classless team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
And if the Texans and Titans could some how play in a Super Bowl it would be like watching Ali vs. Timmy from south park.
Going by your analogy and how analogies work ...

Texans = Ali
titans = Timmy from south park
Old 12-23-2008   #222
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Going by your analogy and how analogies work ...

Texans = Ali
titans = Timmy from south park
Possibly the Ali of today ...

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #223
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Possibly the Ali of today ...
And you wonder why people think titans fans are not very classy.
Old 12-23-2008   #224
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
And you wonder why people think titans fans are not very classy.
Again, this thread wasn't meant to be about the fans, just the players. Let's get back on topic here.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #225
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And if the Texans and Titans could some how play in a Super Bowl it would be like watching Ali vs. Timmy from south park.
The Texans would definitely be Timmy and the Titans would be Jimmy, with Bud Adams playing Mr. Slippyfist and Albert Haynesworth playing Big Gay Al.
Old 12-23-2008   #226
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Again, this thread wasn't meant to be about the fans, just the players. Let's get back on topic here.
Agreed.

Although as I have stated before I do believe that most titans fans show very little class from what I have encountered(ie. on message board,at games,in general). I hate the titans for things like the dirty hits on Texans players,doing stupid things like stomping on the terrible towel(Steelers were my team growing up, sorry Oilers fans),the Titans fans who invade reliant taunting me when I am watching my team at my teams HOME stadium.

Honestly I think Bud is a jerk but I almost want to do what Joe Texan said to him and thank him for clearing the path for us to have the Texans.

I know that not all titans fans are classeless, there are titans posters on here that show great class. Then there are those who dont, which I know earlier in the thread someone commented on how all NFL fans have the good and bad fans but I cant completely agree with this, some are worse like the titans,cowboys fans.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #227
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
these Titan fans are much more bearable after they lose, than after they post a win.
Doesn't that rule apply to every teams fans.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2008   #228
Titansfan3801
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm trying to figure out these Titans trolls (and not talking about our regular members).

Y'all have a 13-2 team with homefield advantage throughout the playoffs, yet you troll a Texans forum with unbridled arrogance.

You do realize that the players play the game and YOU WATCH, yeah?

Perhaps there is something inherently inferior about being from Tennessee that causes someone to try to fill the void within themselves by trolling other teams' boards.

Interestingly enough, the better Titans fans in this forum don't actually reside in Tennessee. Perhaps they avoided the tainted water supply that seems to infect individuals to possess such small brains? With that in mind, it should be no wonder why Slug Adams moved his team, and it has nothing to do with the support he got for decades from Houston fans.

So many things to respond to, but I'll start with this one. I will apologize for showing up here suddenly and starting right out with the smack talk. To fill you in on the rest of the story, I'm a long time member of the Titans board with many of your regular titans fan visitors who have encouraged me to sign up. I'm not trying to be a troll, and I plan to be around for a while. Unlike many of the others, though, I actually live in Nashville. I'm well aware that I don't play in the games, but let's be honest, all of us who are serious enough fans to be on these boards posting feel some sense of identity with the team. I don't think I'm any farther over that line than most of us. As for being on this board while my team is moving on to bigger and better things... well, as I kind of explained above, my fellow board members who are regulars here have been encouraging me for a while, and I tried to join early in the season when an email problem prevented me from confirming registration. But I'm here, I'm trying not to be too much of a troll, and I'm here to stay. I've put up with Overalls, Silver Oak, and several others over on our board, so I'd appreciate your patience with me.

That being said, back to the discussion...

To Texan Bill, my issue isn't with you bashing individual Oiler players, it's with you saying that you always were die hard Oiler fans, and then turning around and bashing Titans fans for the Oilers' lack of a superbowl. I'll take the smack for the history, but not from people claiming to be fans of that history. As I've said, I'm a Titans fan, I don't try to claim the Oilers' history, though I recognize that others do, as well as Texans fans wanting to claim it to a certain extent. Anyone who followed the team during those years has a right to claim the history, no matter where they live and no matter who they currently support.

Also, to TB and Mailman, I'm perfectly familiar with the concepts behind corporate wellfare. I understand that the fans on this board certainly aren't the ones that let the Oilers leave, but face it, a lot of people in your city didn't step up.

An NFL franchise is a precious things, and a lot of cities that don't have them want them. The notion that we "stole" the team without earning it is ridiculous. We ponied up for the premium boxes and club level seating, and as a club level ticket holder, I'm currently paying the price to keep an NFL team. The fact that Houstonians turned around and ponied up the money AFTER letting the Oilers walk is even sillier.

I understand your anger at Bud, that's fine. But don't take it out on Titans' fans. We're the ones who wanted a franchise badly enough to take it from you. If another city tries to woo the Titans, we're not losing them, we're willing to throw the money after them.

Last edited by infantrycak; 12-23-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Titansfan3801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #229
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Even a blind pig finds a truffle in a forest. Let me guess you held us to less then the Steelers D so your D is better the the Steelers too?
No. Just when we beat you.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #230
Eddyc85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Quite simply, the dumbest post ever...

First off, many of us have had two teams. The HOUSTON Oilers and the Texans. True that the Texans have yet to make the playoffs in only 7 seasons. Oh boy!! Whoooopdie....

As far as making fun of Tennessee falling one yard short in the Super Bowl, let's just say we see it as fitting for a scumbag owner. Call it karma. So close, yet so far for Rug Head and his "second rate operation".
OK well the Houston Oilers aren't your team anymore the Texans are so we will continue to mock the fact that you have yet to make the playoffs. And if you want karma how about the fact that your city turned on the team and your new team cant win more than 8 games in a season?

Quote:
Future generations of Fitans fans will only know about the legacy of Hulk Hogan. I would imagine that if you asked a Fitan who Peter O'Toole was, they would take a swing at you. I kindly refer you to the exhibit A - Tennessee in the year 2040 - although similarities do appear today, please believe me this is the future, yes it has electrolytes Scro.
*Sigh*

Since you Texan fans can't seem to grasp my simple analogy I'll just explain myself.

Peter O'Toole is an excellent actor who has never won an Oscar yet he's come close often. The Titans are like Peter O'Toole.

Hulk Hogan is a horrible actor who has never even come close to an Oscar because his movies suck. The Texans are Hulk Hogan.

Honestly, it's not that hard.
Old 12-23-2008   #231
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-23-2008   #232
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

It wasn't just Bud who screwed Houston,Lanier was a major reason as to why the Oilers left.That fool had a personal feud with Bud.I get the hate for Bud.He messed with the team just like Al Davis in his younger years & pissed everyone off. I stil think if Lanier wasn't mayor though that the Oilers would still be in Houston.

Ultimately Reliant cost more than a new stadium for the Oilers would have.

I loved the towel stomping.It was criminal when the league split up the central.The Steelers/Oilers rivalry was one of the fiercest in football.Anything goes against the Steelers.

I don't buy that in an AFC championship rematch the Steelers would be any harder to beat because of it.The same tape will be watched & the same changes will be made.

If it happens,the outcome will have little to do with the towel stomping no matter how the media spins it.

If this was the Texans ruining the Steelers day & Houston players do the same the majority of fans would be into it just as much as we are.No point worrying about another game when you can revel in the positives of this one.
Old 12-23-2008   #233
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
You complete the ***** circle that is made of Titan fans. You win sir. You win. Congrats.
Thanks so much for the neg rep buddy.

I'd return the favour but for the fact that I'm a mature adult.
Old 12-23-2008   #234
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyc85 View Post
Peter O'Toole is an excellent actor who has never won an Oscar yet he's come close often. The Titans are like Peter O'Toole.
Actually more like William Shatner once the post season comes around.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #235
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:

In the end who wins out... kirk or sexy alien chick?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #236
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Quote:
Actually the Titans remind me more of Ben Jones from the Dukes of Hazzard.

LOL

Oh boy....here you go. Cooters place
Old 12-23-2008   #237
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Since you Texan fans can't seem to grasp my simple analogy I'll just explain myself.

Hulk Hogan is a horrible actor who has never even come close to an Oscar because his movies suck. The Texans are Hulk Hogan.

Honestly, it's not that hard.
Come on Scro, it was not hard, I saw your Peter O'Toole and raised you a Mike Judge film. The fact that you did not get the acknowledgement, and a comeback directed to the hick stereotype, and supplemented it with a breakdown speaking to the celebrities in your analogy is at best beguilement and at worst sad.

Just to re-prhrase in good ol' hillbilly high brow jibberish, so that we are on the same page:
Peter O'Toole, he has electrolytes, Caligula, Titans 12-13
Hulk Hogan, does not have electrolytes, Rocky III, Texans 13-12

Old 12-23-2008   #238
Eddyc85
Rookie

Quote:

And then we have the movie which best represents the Texans in the post season:

Old 12-23-2008   #239
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And then we have the movie which best represents the Texans in the post season:

A red "X"?

Don't hate, celebrate. You've got a good football team right now, but instead of showing the positive side of sportsmanship, you act like a worthless troll on a board that has absolutely no love for your team or owner.

That's just sad, man, and quite indicative of the mindset you possess. Your sole reason for existing on this board is to troll, as evidenced by your 12 posts all being in this section.

We might root for a losing team, but you sir, are a loser. And the difference is that our team can start winning next year.
Old 12-23-2008   #240
Eddyc85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
A red "X"?

Don't hate, celebrate. You've got a good football team right now, but instead of showing the positive side of sportsmanship, you act like a worthless troll on a board that has absolutely no love for your team or owner.

That's just sad, man, and quite indicative of the mindset you possess. Your sole reason for existing on this board is to troll, as evidenced by your 12 posts all being in this section.

We might root for a losing team, but you sir, are a loser. And the difference is that our team can start winning next year.
I'll assume you would say the same thing to Imatexan who does the same thing on our board.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read