Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2008   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This loss is possibly a blessing in disguise when it comes to next season

Hear me out. I hate that we lost today. I have been on such a high this week after beating the Titans last Sunday and now the crash sucks.

That being said, this loss should have been the nail in the coffin for the Dick Smith reign of error in Houston. If we had a half decent DC there is no way JaMarcus Russell and their no-name receiving corps would have torched us like they did in the first half. That was embarrassing and we were the ONLY team they lit up like that.

Dick proved that he does not have what it takes for the millionth time and I would hope McNair realizes this and will demand his firing now that a 6 game winning streak is out the window.

Shanahan is in over his head too and should get demoted. Those 3rd and 4th inches play calls in the 4th quarter were atrocious. I HATE our slow developing pass plays in the redzone.

Hire competent coordinators and we will make the playoffs next year. That is more important than a relatively meaningless win.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This loss is possibly a blessing in disguise when it comes to next season

I don't see how the guy could keep his job. It just would not make any sense.

I'll tell you what this is not a blessing in disguise. Andre Johnson looked like he was ready to change teams. He has never had a good QB to throw to him. Matt Schaub is not even decent IMO. Makes stupid decision after stupid decision.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This loss is possibly a blessing in disguise when it comes to next season

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

I'll tell you what this is not a blessing in disguise. Andre Johnson looked like he was ready to change teams. He has never had a good QB to throw to him. Matt Schaub is not even decent IMO. Makes stupid decision after stupid decision.
Disagree with you there. I think Schaub is a good QB and far above being "decent".

I think Andre Johnson was frustrated by the Raiders D.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #4
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

wow, you know I usually wait a day before I post b/c I 'm usually to pissed to think level headed but come the hell on. This was a trap game from the beginning. Everyone knew this going into it and still didn't prepare. Mistakes, alot of mistakes were made today. It happens. It was rainy and piss poor tackling showed for it. The only blessing in disguise that I saw for this game is we will get a better draft pick than I'd origanlly hoped for. Other than that I saw nothing good from this game other than you got beat by a subpar team for not being prepared, take this as a lesson don't get big "dallas" heads and play with heart agains the bears and go out on a high note.
Old 12-21-2008   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Disagree with you there. I think Schaub is a good QB and far above being "decent".

I think Andre Johnson was frustrated by the Raiders D.
I think Aj was frustrated by the lack of faith in him by our QB, HC and OC.

Who cares if the CB lined up across from him is going to the ProBowl? Throw the damn bubble screen. Let AJ pound him. Instead we punk out and let the vaunted OAK D dicate that the best WR in the league will get 2 damn catches?

That's bunk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #6
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

No, this is a horrible loss for this franchise. Next week against the Bears is not a given - 7-9 after the Packers/Titans games would be terribly disappointing.
Old 12-21-2008   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
That being said, this loss should have been the nail in the coffin for the Dick Smith reign of error in Houston....I would hope McNair realizes this and will demand his firing
He won't. You'll know when McNair has had enough when he hires a consultant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Shanahan is in over his head too and should get demoted.
He won't be. And why do the coordinators always get the blame, when every offensive and defensive call goes through Gary Kubiak's headphones?
Old 12-21-2008   #8
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully it means more tickets available for next week, hopefully at a cheaper cost.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew there was a reason I never come to the MB on game days. Holy over reaction responses Batman (directed generally, not specifically).

Last edited by infantrycak; 12-21-2008 at 06:24 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #10
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

Who cares if the CB lined up across from him is going to the ProBowl? Throw the damn bubble screen. Let AJ pound him. Instead we punk out and let the vaunted OAK D dicate that the best WR in the league will get 2 damn catches?

That's bunk!
Rep comin.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I knew there was a reason I never come to the MB on game days. Holy over reaction responses Batman (directed generally, not specifically).
Ya think. Some folks must hit themselves in the chin with their knee every Sunday. Kind of funny sometimes to watch them spaz out.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

All you've got to do is watch Weaver and Greenwood stumble and bumble around for a game. It ain't the coach. What it is is a whole lot of people highly over valuing the defensive talent on this football club. The Raiders ain't this good.

Same old problems....send five or six no one gets there. No one.
Old 12-21-2008   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Rep comin.
So far the raider's DBs have Randy Moss', Tony Gonzales', Brandon Marshall's and now A.J.'s & Walter's scalp hanging in their tee pee. It wasn't an accident. Wasn't an anomaly...Just good DB's doing what they were supposed to do.
Old 12-21-2008   #14
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148234 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

That's bunk!
I don't care who you are, if you are the best cover corner in the game, you're going to change the way the opposing team plays. That dude basically shuts down half the field because he's that good.

THAT'S what it looks like to have a shutdown corner. They are few and far between, but they can and do shut down whoever they are covering. I would throw buckets of money at that guy.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #15
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
wow, you know I usually wait a day before I post b/c I 'm usually to pissed to think level headed but come the hell on. This was a trap game from the beginning. Everyone knew this going into it and still didn't prepare. Mistakes, alot of mistakes were made today. It happens. It was rainy and piss poor tackling showed for it. The only blessing in disguise that I saw for this game is we will get a better draft pick than I'd origanlly hoped for. Other than that I saw nothing good from this game other than you got beat by a subpar team for not being prepared, take this as a lesson don't get big "dallas" heads and play with heart agains the bears and go out on a high note.
It will only make minor differences there will only really realistically be a 2, perhaps 3 maximum change in places in the draft depending on the last two games.

No, the only blessing is that it was a later kickoff, thus midnight by the end of the game in England, and thus too late to have a depressed Texans drink, thus saving my liver any more pre-christmas abuse. And even then, a blessing? No...I'm just sober and dissappointed.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #16
superdave532
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 superdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVP

I was at the game today and even managed to sneak down to the 2nd row of seats right behind the Texans' bench.. there's another thread saying that the team was just flat today and that's exactly what the case was.

Point fingers all you want, truth is the Raider's defense actually stepped up today. AJ playing like he wanted to be on another team? Please. Nnamdi Aso..Asum..Ashoblahblah was like a blanket on him all day, he played terrific and Johnson just had one of those (rare) off days.

The last pick Schaub threw was an absolute gift, I swear to God I could see the red ribbon tied around it from where I was sitting as he handed it to Oakland, but that doesn't really matter because the game was over at the point and he was just trying to make something happen.

I really hope this rekindles all the Sage vs. Schaub psycho-babble that this forum has been missing during the four game win streak, because I really miss those good laughs provided by all of the people who really don't know what they're talking about.

The Texans got beat by a team that REALLY wanted to win today, and sometimes that just happens. I'd be pissed if we had something to play for other than a 9 win season, but in reality we don't. So let's just hope we beat the crap out of the Bears next week and have a safe, great game to close out the year!
superdave532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave532 View Post
I was at the game today and even managed to sneak down to the 2nd row of seats right behind the Texans' bench.. there's another thread saying that the team was just flat today and that's exactly what the case was.

Point fingers all you want, truth is the Raider's defense actually stepped up today. AJ playing like he wanted to be on another team? Please. Nnamdi Aso..Asum..Ashoblahblah was like a blanket on him all day, he played terrific and Johnson just had one of those (rare) off days.

The last pick Schaub threw was an absolute gift, I swear to God I could see the red ribbon tied around it from where I was sitting as he handed it to Oakland, but that doesn't really matter because the game was over at the point and he was just trying to make something happen.

I really hope this rekindles all the Sage vs. Schaub psycho-babble that this forum has been missing during the four game win streak, because I really miss those good laughs provided by all of the people who really don't know what they're talking about.

The Texans got beat by a team that REALLY wanted to win today, and sometimes that just happens. I'd be pissed if we had something to play for other than a 9 win season, but in reality we don't. So let's just hope we beat the crap out of the Bears next week and have a safe, great game to close out the year!
Very well said. Rep to you.
Old 12-21-2008   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak did mention he was not satisfied with practices all week. I think this one is more on the players. sorry
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #19
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans got beat by a team that REALLY wanted to win today, and sometimes that just happens. I'd be pissed if we had something to play for other than a 9 win season, but in reality we don't. So let's just hope we beat the crap out of the Bears next week and have a safe, great game to close out the year![/quote]

That is exactly what we saw here last week against the Titans.

Next week is a huge game for this team/franchise.
Old 12-21-2008   #20
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
That is exactly what we saw here last week against the Titans.

Next week is a huge game for this team/franchise.[/quote]

I was kind of waiting for that, every game is the biggest game of the franchise.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read