Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2008   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The team was just flat today

Hey, it happens. Especially after a big win. It happens to all teams during the season.

It happened to the Texans today. It was team effort.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The team was just flat today

meh it kinda sucks but maybe it'll do them good in the long term... hopefully they'll remember it and wont let it happen next yr when we might have something to play for
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #3
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
meh it kinda sucks but maybe it'll do them good in the long term... hopefully they'll remember it and wont let it happen next yr when we might have something to play for
meh. I hope you're right.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh well. Texans aren't really playing for much so I'm not as frustrated after this loss. Better draft position!
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
I'm pretty sure this happened last year (Atlanta game). Maybe this one will finally kick them in the head. One more game left. Sucks that we could have had a winning season, and sucks that Kubiak thought he was Tony Dungy out there.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

They were just not ready to play. Looked flat and uninspired all day.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #7
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Oh well. Texans aren't really playing for much so I'm not as frustrated after this loss. Better draft position!
Love that loser attitude.
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2008   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, we've gone to saying meh, and oh well after a loss to the 3-11 Raiders. Giving up 27 points to one of the worst offenses in the league.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #9
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 20 Wolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl

I hope this game solidifies the need for a new defensive coordinator. I'm tired of seeing this team play this way. It hurts my heart.

Prepare to meet your DOOM!
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #10
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

They got outplayed today by an inferior team, we were on the opposite end last week.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #11
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Wow, we've gone to saying meh, and oh well after a loss to the 3-11 Raiders. Giving up 27 points to one of the worst offenses in the league.
Would you rather I throw stuff in my house and make a mess?

I'm furious. Not much I can do about it though.
Old 12-21-2008   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Hey, it happens. Especially after a big win.
Fortunately, the Texans don't get a lot of big wins.

But you're right, it was no big deal. The Texans were going nowhere this offseason...win, lose, or draw. Kubiak will return. Dick Smith will return. Cheering for 1st downs will return. Average football will return. No biggie.
Old 12-21-2008   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Would you rather I throw stuff in my house and make a mess?

I'm furious. Not much I can do about it though.
As if saying meh and oh well is the only alternative.
Old 12-21-2008   #14
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

But you're right, it was no big deal. The Texans were going nowhere this offseason...win, lose, or draw. Kubiak will return. Dick Smith will return. Cheering for 1st downs will return. Average football will return. No biggie.
Sad but true.
Old 12-21-2008   #15
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Old 12-21-2008   #16
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
As if saying meh and oh well is the only alternative.
Again. What would you have me do to prove my ire?
Old 12-21-2008   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Love that loser attitude.
I'm not for the Texans losing. But since any chance at success this season was over when we were 3-7, everything since has just been a type of facade. Not that the Texans are totally fool's gold since they do have the appearance that they can be a good team, but this season they aren't. For me, there is no difference this season should the Texans finish 7-9 or 8-8. I prefer 8-8 because it's one more victory, but if we lose I won't be that upset since there hasn't been much to play for for a while this season.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Again. What would you have me do to prove my ire?
Don't much care what you do.

I was proving a point and I think it was proven well.

We as fans expect these letdowns.
Old 12-21-2008   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
They were just not ready to play. Looked flat and uninspired all day.
I agree. We were not well prepared for this game at all. They took AJ away and didnt have an answer for that. Which is weird when you consider that we have KW, OD, and Slaton.

This was a bad game.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Flat like we go steamrolled by the power house steamroller known at Oakland.

*sigh*

I'm done. It's out of my system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read