Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2008   #1
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63719 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Titans W + Raiders L = 0

Looks like the Texans are going right back to middle-of-the-road average. Losing to the Raiders is not the way to follow-up the big Titans victory.
Old 12-21-2008   #2
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans W + Raiders L = 0

The Titans players were right. The game last week was our Super Bowl. Look how we're playing against the damn Raiders. We suck.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #3
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 46521 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Unacceptable......

Sorry to start a new thread on the loss to the Raiders, but this sums it up in one word.

Regardless of the last couple of weeks and the expectations this loss is unacceptable.

I have been a glass half full guy since the franchises inception, but this will not fly. I was more worried about this game than the Tacks game.

I always will be and always have been a true Texans fan, but this may be one of the lowest points ever for me.

Well there is always next week and next year!!!!!!

Come on boys you now your better than this, pull it together, we're still there for you!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2008   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Unacceptable......

I agree 100%... this loss is unacceptable. You cannot lose to a bottom 3 team when you beat arguably the best team in the league the week before. I think they were unprepared and did not focus. I blame Kubiak for not preparing the team and awful playcalling. This is what separates the great coaches with the mediocre and Kubiak is falling with the ladder.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Sorry to start a new thread on the loss to the Raiders...
No, I'm sorry. Unless there is a unique take on the game, please find an existing thread to post in.
Old 12-21-2008   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

we are a lower middle of the pack team weve been that way all season
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95001 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Unacceptible? Yeah, it's unacceptible if you can't accept that it's possiblle that the team came out and played flat.

Because that's just what they did today. They played flat, in every aspect of the game.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2008   #8
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: Titans W + Raiders L = 0

Agreed. All kinds of crazy thoughts about this team are running through my head right now. All these years of excuses are starting take their toll. I'm sick and tired of getting my hopes up only to see my team look so pathetic. I mean i can understand how they were on a high after last week, but come on this this utter lack of effort and direction make me feel like this loss just erased every win in the streak and have us looking like the team that started 0-4. Pathetic!
Old 12-21-2008   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

It reminds me of previous years after Tech beat A&M. They would come back and lose 3 out of their next 4 or something.
Old 12-21-2008   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Simply by the history of this franchise..... this was more of a negative result than a 0 imo. I mean there is a viable chance we lose next week as well and can you imagine this off season after 2 straight losses to end the season? This was a big loss for us and unless we dominate Chicago come Sun... it helps put the squeeze on everyone and that all important confidence will come into question.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

its funny tho how one week we beat the best team in the AFC then next we lose to one of the worst teams in the AFC

thats divison games for ya LOL

this was like carolina maybe a few years ago where they were up and down

i can see it tho now this team is tired and there already rdy for next year 2 bad we where out of the playoff pictures in like week 9
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

eh, I sort of expected the Texans to lose today. Last week was a big game, and we came out flat. The Raiders have beat some decent teams this year, and have played decent at home. They usually dont close games out, but luckily, neither do we. A loss to the Raides is meaningless. We weren't in contention for anything, anyway. We get a better draft choice now.

Points is, we've seen the potential for this team. And its good
Old 12-21-2008   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Simply by the history of this franchise..... this was more of a negative result than a 0 imo. I mean there is a viable chance we lose next week as well and can you imagine this off season after 2 straight losses to end the season? This was a big loss for us and unless we dominate Chicago come Sun... it helps put the squeeze on everyone and that all important confidence will come into question.
I wouldn't put much stock at all into "offseason confidence". We had a lot of that mythical confidence last offseason and came out and got lit up to start the year. Also, I wouldn't expect the coaching staff to be exactly the same, and I wouldn't expect the personnel to be the same. I think a good amount of the old (Richard Smith, Weaver, Greenwood, Faggins for examples) will be let go to the same lush farm as every one of our first dogs did. We have the potential, and enough has shown through, but we can clearly see that we need a few more impact level guys and a few more solid contributors.

With all this said, throw the bank at that Raiders CB, #21, who's name I won't attempt to butcher. He's young, he's had success in Oakland prior to just this year, and he has proved consistently this year that he can take any WR out of the game. Champ Bailey is still the best CB in football, but this guy is second. He starts on any team in football.
Old 12-21-2008   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The title of this thread is WAY wrong!
We beat the Titans, that has nothing to do with this week.
Yes we lost to Oakland, like I said nothing to do with last week.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #15
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21910 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

We have a knack for making crappy qb's look good, there your red flag. No different than the 2-0 start last year just to lose atlanta. Don't know what to say, aj doesn't make a catch till the 4th qtr?? We go for it on 4th down and half a yard to pass for an incompletion. Everything sucked today, I'd rather beat the raiders than the titans. Good teams beat the teams they're suppose to beat. Titans followed up that loss by beating pitt soundly and we make fools of ourselves in oakland.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #16
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 46521 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't get to see the entire game, but the box score told me everything I needed to know:

Jamarcus Russell 236 yds. 2 TD 0 INT

Let me break this down:

236 yards: Are you serious we let him throw for over 125 yds, no way, your serious, your not kidding, OK, did we only have 10 men on the field most of the game?

2 TD: OK, so we let him thow for over 200 yds, and also two TD's. OK, OK, OK, your just kidding right, this is Jamarcus Russell, the one out of LSU that sucks as a Pro, I think I just threw up in the back of my mouth......

0 INT: OK, OK, so we picked him off like 3 times if he threw that many yards and TD's because they had to go to the pass early right. No way no INT's, no freaking way, stop f-ing with me. Your not kidding, oh. I guess I don't know what to say.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read