Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2008   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 3rd and 1/2 a yard.

And you pass two plays in a row.. Kubiak, you really think you are a genius don't you? You moron...
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default 4th down, inches.....

Is what may lose this game. How can Kubes ok a pass just bothers me to no end.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 4th down, inches.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
No faith in his offensive line and running back. That's sad. We had two shots at gaining a yard and we conceded that we couldn't get it on the ground TWICE.
Old 12-21-2008   #4
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

That was the most ridiculous play call I've seen this year. Your faced with inches....go with a high conversion percentage play, not a cocky prayer into the end zone.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #5
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53509 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
No faith in his offensive line and running back. That's sad. We had two shots at gaining a yard and we conceded that we couldn't get it on the ground TWICE.

For all those who say our offense is fine we need to draft all defense I give xzibit a. Our Ol was outplayed all day.

Last edited by mussop; 12-21-2008 at 05:48 PM.
mussop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Kubiak believed he was God. All he needed to do was run it in with Matt or Slaton. Hell, Leach would have been the best choice as he busts heads daily. This loss really irritates me.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53509 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Kubiak believed he was God. All he needed to do was run it in with Matt or Slaton. Hell, Leach would have been the best choice as he busts heads daily. This loss really irritates me.
No he just watched the Raiders DL ***** slap our OL all day and knew we had a better chance any where but up the middle.
mussop is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2008   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd and 1/2 a yard.

What the F? I don't understand this at all. I don't even know what to say about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
No he just watched the Raiders DL ***** slap our OL all day and knew we had a better chance any where but up the middle.
So he decides to throw it twice? No, I don't care what their DL is doing. Stupid as hell playcalling. Anyone who thinks that playcalling isn't stupid needs to get checked out.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what - We should have put Turk in the game and run the WildTurkey Offense. It worked so well the last time we "used" it. Whats the worse that could have happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #10
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's either he has no faith in his line (which makes no sense) or he thinks he's an offensive genius, and can out think the other team.

I don't care which one it is. I'm SICK TO DEATH of mediocrity and stupidity. I don't have to be a big fat freakin' 160+ IQ-owning Smarty McSmartypants to know that YOU GO WITH THE HIGH PERCENTAGE PLAY of running the damn ball behind Vonte Leach with freakin' half a yard to go.

I abhor stupidity and poor decision making. ABHOR IT. As in, I hate it. Loathe it. Believe it should be purged from the earth in a great white hot fire. And guess who's "*****" list Kubiak just landed up on. Mine.

I'm done with Kubiak. I want proven winners. Guys who know how to prepare for games and how to manage them. I want coaches who will run it up the gut mercilessly on 3rd and 1/2 a yard. I want coaches who don't "out think" themselves out of games. Kubiak is NOT a genius. He is a gimmick who saw some little bit of success and now he's exposed like a stripper who just had a pasty malfunction.

I sat watching those two third and forth down plays with my mouth agape. I looked like Dom Capers as those two plays unfolded. You're supposed to put your team in the position to win the damn game, not try some trickeration when it's freakin' not necessary. Want some trickeration, Kubes? How about you prepare your team to expect onsides kicks? How's about that?

I'M DONE with Kubiak. D-U-N. DONE. This guy is a joke of a head coach.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #11
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they should have run the toss play instead of running into the back of the o-line .. it worked against Tenn.. they didnt even try it today
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
And that changes with plays like converting a first down on the ground to keep a drive alive down at the goal line. You don't take that away from the defense by just not doing it.

Schaub could have sneaked that over with very little trouble. You give a defense the idea that you're scared to run up the middle to get a yard and you give them a huge lift. You confirm that by telling your offense to not even try once and you pull the rug right out from under them.
Old 12-21-2008   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Want some trickeration, Kubes? How about you prepare your team to expect onsides kicks? How's about that?
The onsides kick has become a high percentage play against the Texans.
Quote:
Welcome to the dark side, Jen. It's been lonely over here.
Old 12-21-2008   #14
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1541 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have done the same thing. 9 out of 10 times we would have caught one of those, but I really doubt we would have dome anything against a goalline D unless we gave it to Leach again. We need a bruiser type back.
Old 12-21-2008   #15
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
It's either he has no faith in his line (which makes no sense) or he thinks he's an offensive genius, and can out think the other team.

I don't care which one it is. I'm SICK TO DEATH of mediocrity and stupidity. I don't have to be a big fat freakin' 160+ IQ-owning Smarty McSmartypants to know that YOU GO WITH THE HIGH PERCENTAGE PLAY of running the damn ball behind Vonte Leach with freakin' half a yard to go.

I abhor stupidity and poor decision making. ABHOR IT. As in, I hate it. Loathe it. Believe it should be purged from the earth in a great white hot fire. And guess who's "*****" list Kubiak just landed up on. Mine.

I'm done with Kubiak. I want proven winners. Guys who know how to prepare for games and how to manage them. I want coaches who will run it up the gut mercilessly on 3rd and 1/2 a yard. I want coaches who don't "out think" themselves out of games. Kubiak is NOT a genius. He is a gimmick who saw some little bit of success and now he's exposed like a stripper who just had a pasty malfunction.

I sat watching those two third and forth down plays with my mouth agape. I looked like Dom Capers as those two plays unfolded. You're supposed to put your team in the position to win the damn game, not try some trickeration when it's freakin' not necessary. Want some trickeration, Kubes? How about you prepare your team to expect onsides kicks? How's about that?

Gotta rep ya. I'm tired of grooming Denver's next HC. I'm tired of one of the worst defenses in the league. I'm just tired of it all.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm as confused and frustrated by these calls by Kubiak as everyone else ?
I'd guess his explanation may be something along the lines of him needing to have one of those sessions about staring at himself in the mirror because he's to blame just like everyone else on the roster is.
The real deal here is that the game is meaningless. We're not going anyway this year. And we improved our position in the Draft by losing this meaningless game.
My real concern is that Kubiak might make a bonehead call in a game down the line that has real consequences ? Like playoff consequences ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #17
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I would have done the same thing. 9 out of 10 times we would have caught one of those, but I really doubt we would have dome anything against a goalline D unless we gave it to Leach again. We need a bruiser type back.
9 out of 10 times? Did you even SEE the forth down play? They had two, count 'em, TWO wideouts in the end zone with all 4 or 5 Raider secondaries dropping back. They didn't even have a TE release and for a third receiving option!

It's half a yard. HALF A YARD. I'll power-I that all day and run Slaton behind Vonte Leach. Or do as spurstexanstros suggested and run the sweep. Slaton has had a lot of success running to the outside. But we hardly use that play all day.

I just don't understand why the coaches insist on putting the Texans in situations that don't make sense considering we have a higher probability of success if we do the exact opposite of what they call.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
Old 12-21-2008   #18
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm getting tired of Kubiak as well. I want a tough coach that puts a fire under his players. Give me Bill Cowher. Please come to Houston Bill Cowher.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #19
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The onsides kick has become a high percentage play against the Texans.

Welcome to the dark side, Jen. It's been lonely over here.
I am there, Lucky. I have come to a state of acceptance of my disdain for Kubes, Smith, et al. I love my Texans and I have an almost unreasonable and inexplicable belief that Schaub is still our QB of the future, but I'm sick of the coaches. I want proven winners now, not coordinators who are making a move up the food chain. Experiment is now over.

Back the Brinks truck up and make a play for Cowher. Promise him 40 virgins and a city named after him. Shower him with whatever he wants. How could he possibly view Cleveland as a better job given the players on each team over the Texans, if Cleveland is truly the job he's eyeing?

Old 12-21-2008   #20
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 59 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why was AJ on the sideline?

I don't believe he was injured, but at the end of the game, he was on the sideline. what's up?
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read