Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-20-2008   #1
JaneDoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 JaneDoe was voted MVPJaneDoe was voted MVPJaneDoe was voted MVP
Default Talk about disappointment....

I know alot of us are really disappointed in the Texans season, but the Cowgirls' fans had much higher expectations before the season began, and have watched their team implode.

I on the other hand have laughed my ass off at the downward spiral that is the Cowboys.
JaneDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #2
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Talk about disappointment....

We'll meet you at 9-7, Cowgirls.

If we both finish at 9-7, I wonder who will get the higher pick. Oh, wait, they gave away their top pick for Roy Williams.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #3
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Even though I don't like the cowboys, I feel sorry for them, y'know? That was their last game in Texas Stadium and they loss, well, too bad. It's what they get for talking too much shit.
Old 12-21-2008   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Kinda sad really, and as much as I like what Romo brings to the field, he can also lose games on his own. perhaps Kubiak can teach him to be a good QB when the JJ plays the blame-game and gets rid of him.

Note to Dallas... fix that running game of yours
Old 12-21-2008   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's always a good thing with the Cowpatties lose.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks Ravens, this closer to the Patriots being eliminated
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Again, this is exactly why Cowboy fans that people can't stand feel the need to talk....constant attention for no reason other than bitterness.. Look at the subjects here. Go to a Cowboy board and see how many Texan hate threads there are.

And though I'm disappointed in the season, there is still an outside shot...not just playing the string out.
Old 12-21-2008   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea I'm disappointed but I've been there before and I'll be there again.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Yea I'm disappointed but I've been there before and I'll be there again.
After starting to to follow and be an uber fan of the Boys starting in in the 70s, I'm disappointed in every year where the playoffs or SB isn't involved. So its been some bad years. I know you are in the same boat and were at years of games.
Old 12-21-2008   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251670 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

"Hate" is a strong word and I can't say that about the Cowboys. I like watching the Ravens defense play football and I enjoy a good running game so obviously I really got a kick out of that game from a Ravens perspective. It was fun to watch them just thump the snot out of Romo every single time he dropped back to pass. It was fun to watch those two big runs bust out. That was freakish and at the same time just really showed you how the Cowboys D had given up on that game. I (we all really) should know what that looks like because I've seen the Texans defense do it many times over the past 7 years.

I work with a lady who is a huge Dallas fan and we talk every week a couple of times about the games (before and after) and frankly she gives me more crap for being a fan of "those lousy Texans" than I ever give her about being a Dallas Convicts" fan. I was just talking to her on Friday about the possibility that the Texans and Dallas both finish their seasons at 9-7. Dallas had remaining games against tough opponents while the Texans get the Raiders and the Bears at home with a chance that the Bears might not need the game. If we win 2 and Dallas loses 2 then we meet in the middle.

But "hate"? Nah. I'm not a fan and watching the Cowboys lose the last game ever in Texas Stadium was a kind of pleasant way to start my football weekend but nothing more. Today I'll watch the Steelers just crush the Titans and that will be a lot of fun. Then if all goes as planned I'll wrap it all up watching the Texans go to 8-7 over the Raiders. I hope Steve Slaton has a big day. It's nice to have a running back again.
Old 12-21-2008   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
After starting to to follow and be an uber fan of the Boys starting in in the 70s, I'm disappointed in every year where the playoffs or SB isn't involved. So its been some bad years. I know you are in the same boat and were at years of games.
I started going to Cowboys games back when Roger was playing so I've been a fan for many years.

I'll always be a fan but my interest has lessened over the years and I wouldn't pay to go see the current Cowboys.

I don't have the money and more importantly I don't have the stomach.
Old 12-21-2008   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I started going to Cowboys games back when Roger was playing so I've been a fan for many years.

I'll always be a fan but my interest has lessened over the years and I wouldn't pay to go see the current Cowboys.

I don't have the money and more importantly I don't have the stomach.
Ive definitely gorwn up since the days where a Sunday loss would ruin the weekend and I'd basically cry in a beer or cry as a kid and be pissed. Now I just get peeved a little and move on knowing what is coming.
Old 12-21-2008   #13
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Well, Frog, ya know my experiences with Cowboy fans in SA. I can't help but detest the team, and it has nothing to do with the players, or the coach. Now I can't say I find much love for Jerry, but even he doesn't get my dandruff up as much as one stinking Cowboy fan in the San Antonio area. My dad and I gathered at his house last night to cheer for the Raven's and we were damned happy for the Cowboys loss. It allows me to fire off emails to the local South Dallas sports announcers here, and goad them with total glee in my heart. Yes SA scumbags, there is a Santa Claus... Merry F'in Christmas
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ive definitely gorwn up since the days where a Sunday loss would ruin the weekend and I'd basically cry in a beer or cry as a kid and be pissed. Now I just get peeved a little and move on knowing what is coming.
Well I use to have a monentary interest in pro ball and that has gone with the wind.

I like to vent but that's about it.
Old 12-21-2008   #15
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Again, this is exactly why Cowboy fans that people can't stand feel the need to talk....constant attention for no reason other than bitterness.. Look at the subjects here. Go to a Cowboy board and see how many Texan hate threads there are.

And though I'm disappointed in the season, there is still an outside shot...not just playing the string out.
Live in DFW and have Cowboy fans hack you for being from Houston and liking Houston sports. It goes both ways.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #16
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I look at that as a compliment to the kind of owner we have and the type of players we have.

If we had an owner who didn't know to leave coaching to the coaches he pays, or if we had players who were borderline criminals, I would guess the Texans would be mentioned on Cowboy MB's more frequently.

I was always an Oiler fan, and while I didn't follow or like them, I had a respect for the Staubach era Cowboys. What the Cowboys are now is not deserving of my respect, but only my scorn.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I always enjoy watching the Cowboys lose, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Ravens game. Those long touchdown runs in the 4th quarter were wonderful to watch. I've been a Cowboy hater ever since I was a kid, and I always hated it when they went to the Super Bowl. And I like it when their preseason Super bowl favorite expectations blow up in their faces.

But watching it happen is a lesson learned about the that thing called 'expectations'.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Live in DFW and have Cowboy fans hack you for being from Houston and liking Houston sports. It goes both ways.
I grew up in Ft. Worth for 23 years and not only did we cheer for most Houston teams but most up there didn't talk about Houston teams like shows dedicated to anti-Dallas teams here. Sorry, maybe you get ribbed a little but it is nowhere close to here. Been there and still go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
We'll meet you at 9-7, Cowgirls.

If we both finish at 9-7, I wonder who will get the higher pick. Oh, wait, they gave away their top pick for Roy Williams.
I usually don't talk trash because I have been here for the Texans too but you have to beat a 3 win Raiders to be considered 9-7 and they dominated the Texans
Old 12-21-2008   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I look at that as a compliment to the kind of owner we have and the type of players we have.

If we had an owner who didn't know to leave coaching to the coaches he pays, or if we had players who were borderline criminals, I would guess the Texans would be mentioned on Cowboy MB's more frequently.

I was always an Oiler fan, and while I didn't follow or like them, I had a respect for the Staubach era Cowboys. What the Cowboys are now is not deserving of my respect, but only my scorn.
Well maybe the Texans owner should step up more...good man and owner but he is best friends with JJ if you didn't know and is on his side in most arenas of the NFL. I've posted the articles here. Having a couple of players doesn't make a team criminals but it isn't like the Texans haven't been tasered and had their DWIs. Obviously the nice guy sitting back and letting coaches do whatever isn't working and I have been here supporting them. If they don't deserve your attentiont hen people shoudl stop posting 10 threads a week on them and sports radio in Houston should stop dedicating whole shows to them. Not being an ass..you guys know me..but it is true.
Old 12-21-2008   #20
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well maybe the Texans owner should step up more...good man and owner but he is best friends with JJ if you didn't know and is on his side in most arenas of the NFL. I've posted the articles here. Having a couple of players doesn't make a team criminals but it isn't like the Texans haven't been tasered and had their DWIs. Obviously the nice guy sitting back and letting coaches do whatever isn't working and I have been here supporting them. If they don't deserve your attentiont hen people shoudl stop posting 10 threads a week on them and sports radio in Houston should stop dedicating whole shows to them. Not being an ass..you guys know me..but it is true.
Well , at least McNair doesn't appoint himself as the GM, as jerry is doing that now. You really think that the Cowboys have a bright future with JJ playing the GM role?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read