Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Lions? win a game or no?
Yes, They will win one 6 33.33%
No, not with Saints coming in and then travel to GB 12 66.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will the '76 Bucs toast some champaigne?

Thinking about a year ago, some were talking about the Patriots and their run for profection, now we have the opposite

Will the bucs have company? Bucs were 0-14 in 1976, Detroit well....Is Detroit

They have the saints (in Detroit) and Packers in GB(Detroit lost 48-25 in Detroit on 2nd week)

on a side note, one can see how preseason games don't mean squat... Detroit was 4-0
http://www.detroitlions.com/section_...top=21&level=2

Last edited by Wolf; 12-20-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will the '76 Bucs toast some champaigne?

Quote:

The Detroit Lions are just two losses away from becoming the first 0-16 team in NFL history, and they say the officials have contributed to their bad season.

Carlos Monarrez of the Detroit Free Press quotes several Lions as saying that while they don’t think the refs are out to get them, they do think the officials tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the good teams, and not to the teams like the Lions.

“I think when you’re losing, I guess you don’t get the calls,” said cornerback Leigh Bodden, whose questionable pass interference penalty was crucial in the team’s closest loss, 12-10 against the Vikings in October. “But when you’re winning, you get the calls.”

Lions left tackle Jeff Backus said he thinks the officials are subconsciously favoring the Lions’ opponents.

“Have we had a lot of plays where we maybe should have gotten calls? Probably,” Backus said. “But, I don’t know. I don’t think that it’s a conscious effort by the officials to screw us.”

Added Lions kicker Jason Hanson, “To me, it’s technically not fair. But it’s all sports. It seems like the best players get the benefit of the doubt; the best teams get it.”
Take it for what it is worth, it is profootballtalk.com
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/
Old 12-20-2008   #3
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

I've had a small bet on the Lions winning tomorrow. At odds of 13/5 there is value to be had, and IMO the Saints game is the only chance of busting the '0' and saving some face.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't vote in the poll because when I saw this matchup I had thoughts. I mean they gave the Colts a run for it last week. The Colts can be had, but they (only) lost by 10. I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 12-20-2008   #5
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Will the '76 Bucs toast some champaigne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I've had a small bet on the Lions winning tomorrow. At odds of 13/5 there is value to be had, and IMO the Saints game is the only chance of busting the '0' and saving some face.
Wasn't Tampa Bay's first ever win against the Saints? Is this just a coincidence?
Old 12-21-2008   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

now they got GB at GB for the last game
Old 12-21-2008   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe facing a Packers team on a short week of rest is good for their chances. but i doubt it.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2008   #8
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha! Toasting champaigne would be funny because it might show the Dolphins of old how dumb what they've been doing is.

Lions lose. I can't believe they have any fans left
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Ha! Toasting champaigne would be funny because it might show the Dolphins of old how dumb what they've been doing is.
yeah it is pretty dumb when old teammates get together to celebrate great memories of the past. screw those guys!
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

at this point, i'd say it's a lock...they are terrible.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yeah it is pretty dumb when old teammates get together to celebrate great memories of the past. screw those guys!
YUP!! That's what I say. Screw those old bittermen.
Old 12-22-2008   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

At least the Lions are losing in nice looking uniforms. The Bucs lost in those hideous pumpkin orange clown suits.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
At least the Lions are losing in nice looking uniforms. The Bucs lost in those hideous pumpkin orange clown suits.
I was actually a fan of the Bucs when I was a kid because of those uniforms. I had a Doug Williams jersey. I loved those things.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #14
ZX758
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVP

You can't hate on those undefeated Dolphins, nobody's done what they've done. For those Lions I feel really bad. I feel worse for Marinelli, having to deal with classless reporters asking “Do you wish your daughter had married a better defensive coordinator?”. That was pretty messed up
ZX758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I was actually a fan of the Bucs when I was a kid because of those uniforms. I had a Doug Williams jersey. I loved those things.

From Pumpkin Orange to Burnt Orange....

Old 12-22-2008   #16
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Celebrate great memories? I thought it was a toast to the last team losing a game to become "defeated" and not "undefeated"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX758 View Post
You can't hate on those undefeated Dolphins, nobody's done what they've done. For those Lions I feel really bad. I feel worse for Marinelli, having to deal with classless reporters asking “Do you wish your daughter had married a better defensive coordinator?”. That was pretty messed up
Yeah, that's messed up.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN story on this now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3794047
Old 12-27-2008   #18
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

The real challenge is not 0-16. It is 0-26. That's right the Tampa Bay Buccaneers went 0-26 before finally beating the New Orleans Saints. The Detroit Lions lost their last game in 2007, so they are currently on a 0-16 run. They need to lose this weekend and their first 10 games next year to beat the record of futility set by he Bucs.
Old 12-28-2008   #19
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
The real challenge is not 0-16. It is 0-26. That's right the Tampa Bay Buccaneers went 0-26 before finally beating the New Orleans Saints. The Detroit Lions lost their last game in 2007, so they are currently on a 0-16 run. They need to lose this weekend and their first 10 games next year to beat the record of futility set by he Bucs.
Everyone remembers how many games that expansion Bucs team lost however most forget that same Bucs team led by John McKay went to the NFC championship game in just it's 3rd season in existence. That's pretty impressive especially when you look how the Texans have done.

They had an awesome defense. Lee Roy Selmon, Dewie Selmon, Hugh Green, etc.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read