Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-18-2008   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vikings call time-out on ticket price hikes

Quote:
Despite the recent winning ways of the Minnesota Vikings, the team announced Thursday that it won’t increase any of its ticket prices next year.

The Vikings owners, in a statement released Thursday morning, cited the economy as their reason for holding prices at 2008 levels. It is the first time since 1998 that the Vikings have frozen ticket prices across all levels. The team has sold out 112 consecutive games, dating back to 1997.

“We feel that this decision will give more fans the opportunity to share in the experience that has created a home-field advantage which we look to continue as we build a championship team,” said Vikings owner and president Mark Wilf in a statement.

The Vikings, a National Football League club based in Eden Prairie, have a 9-5 record this year, have six players named to the NFL Pro-Bowl team, and are in contention to win the regular season title of the NFC Central Division. The team hasn’t been to the playoffs since 2004.

Season ticket packages in 2008 ranged from $99 for a limited-view seat to $1,230 for each of the Metrodome’s best seats, an average increase of 3 percent from 2007. Single-game tickets this year ranged from $30 to $135 per seat.
http://twincities.bizjournals.com/tw...l?ana=e_du_pub
Old 12-18-2008   #2
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vikings call time-out on ticket price hikes

Good news for fans in Minnesota. Save the money and get a QB.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 82734 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
$99 for a limited-view seat
This reminds me of the first game I went to in the Dome after Dud destroyed tradition and history and tore down the big scoreboard. My seat was directly behind a huge column that blocked out about 90% of the field from my vantage point.

I hope Bob McNair keeps the ticket prices the same for next year.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
This reminds me of the first game I went to in the Dome after Dud destroyed tradition and history and tore down the big scoreboard. My seat was directly behind a huge column that blocked out about 90% of the field from my vantage point.

I hope Bob McNair keeps the ticket prices the same for next year.

Did you see the pictures of a couple of the seats at the new Lucas stadium? 3 behind each of the posts. Totally unbelievable in a modern dome stadium.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read