Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2008   #1
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hey, We have a game to play on Sunday

I have been somewhat amazed by how little we are talking about the upcoming Raider's game. This one scares me a bit, because I think we are taking it for granted. Hopefully, Kubiak will not let the players get complacent after their last two big wins.

Anyone have some good input into matchups to keep an eye on?
Old 12-18-2008   #2
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey, We have a game to play on Sunday

Is there really a game if no one in Austin gets to see it?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I have been somewhat amazed by how little we are talking about the upcoming Raider's game. This one scares me a bit, because I think we are taking it for granted. Hopefully, Kubiak will not let the players get complacent after their last two big wins.

The best matchup on the field will be AJ on Nnamdi Asomugha.

Mario against Kwame Harris and Cornell Green
Old 12-18-2008   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

Slaton against the Raider D. It could get ugly...for Da Raidahs
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Slaton against the Raider D. It could get ugly...for Da Raidahs
Yessir, I expect at least a buck and a quarter from Slaton.

Old 12-18-2008   #6
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:

Doesnt Asomugha only line up on one side of the field regardless of who is playing across from him? I thought i read somewhere thats how they run the defense
Old 12-18-2008   #7
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He may want to make a statement after his pro bowl snub.
Old 12-18-2008   #8
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yep, Raiders are #31 against the run (yardage) and give up an average of 4.7 a carry.

If there were a week to start Slaton on your fantasy roster, I'd pick NOW!

Edit: As of right now, Slaton gets to face 6 of the top 11 rushing defenses this year.

Last edited by disaacks3; 12-18-2008 at 02:34 PM.
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough View Post
Doesnt Asomugha only line up on one side of the field regardless of who is playing across from him? I thought i read somewhere thats how they run the defense
Dunno, maybe one of our resident Raider fans can answer that for us. The way we move AJ around so much I reckon they'll meet up at some point.

Quote:
He may want to make a statement after his pro bowl snub.
Yeah, that still bothers me. It would've been different if Brown was at least somewhat close to Slaton production wise, but it's not even comparable. Bastages!!
Old 12-18-2008   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough View Post
AJ was quoted as saying Asomugha would follow him. Nit really sure, though. If they just left him on one side, it would be as dumb as leaving....Petey to face Wayne or Harrison ( or anybody else for that matter) all day long.
Old 12-18-2008   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Hey, We have a game to play on Sunday

Quote:

I thought about this a few days ago. Really, there are no match ups or good talking points. If it is going to be a trap game or a let down game, that's on the players and the coaches.

Oakland is just a mess.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I thought about this a few days ago. Really, there are no match ups or good talking points. If it is going to be a trap game or a let down game, that's on the players and the coaches.

Oakland is just a mess.
Oakland IS a mess, but hey Do pose some problems for our passing game. Besides, they've done a number on a couple of playoff teams- Broncos and Jets
Old 12-18-2008   #13
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Oakland IS a mess, but hey Do pose some problems for our passing game. Besides, they've done a number on a couple of playoff teams- Broncos and Jets
Possibly. Favre had a two-pick day (no TDs) and has a worse set of receivers than we do. Even with that, it took a +3 turnover ratio and a 57 yd. OT FG to beat them.

Bottom Line: If we don't lay an egg, we should be fine.
Old 12-18-2008   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless the Texans have a meltdown, which is entirely possible, this should be an easy win for them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think most of the fans are revelling in the afterglow of beating the team with the best record in football. I don't think(hope) that is the same story in the locker room. They've got a big goal at finishing 9-7, I'm not into moral victories but finishing the season on a 6 game winning streak and with it's first winning season is huge.

All that said even with the mess the Raiders are they can still present problems for teams. I have a friend who is a huge Raider's fan and he says their are rumors going around that Al MIGHT relinquish some of his GM duties due to health reasons. Raider fans can only hope that is true.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im a little worried. I personally feel like the season sort of ended last week. Beating the Titans was so high on my wish list, that everything else seems unimportant. I really hope the Texans dont come out flat
Old 12-18-2008   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Oakland better have Aso mirror AJ or he could get 4 TDs
Old 12-18-2008   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard on the radio that the last time that we were favorites in a road game was ATL in 2007 (which we lost). This is a potential trap game, indeed. Hopefully they go in there and take care of business. Bring home a 5 game win streak and let us fans help get us over the hump against the Bears. 9-7 would be epic for this season.
Old 12-18-2008   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Oakland better have Aso mirror AJ or he could get 4 TDs
I can only HOPE AJ gets 4 TDs. My FF team, and my bank account, would certainly appreciate it if he did! Playing for the championship this week, and here's hoping MS hits AJ with those throws and not Aso, or anyone else for that matter! Interceptions are deducted points in my league, and this is NOT the game for MS to play like he did against the Meatballs in Sept. I'm nervous!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #20
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the Faiders pass rush like?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read