Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-17-2008   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Do Agree With This List Of Top Ten WR In The NFL?

Not in any type of order.
1. AJ
2. Randy Moss
3. Donald Driver.
4. Steve Smith
5. H. Word.
6. Calvin J.
7. Don't hate me for this one but T.O.
8. Larry F.
9. A. Bolden
10. Reggie Wayne.

Last edited by gary; 12-17-2008 at 07:18 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do Agree With This List Of Top Ten WR In The NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Not in any type of order.
1. AJ
2. Randy Moss
3. Wes W.
4. Steve Smith
5. H. Word.
6. Calvin J.
7. Don't hate me for this one but T.O.
8. Larry F.
9. Atwon Bolden
10. Kevin Walter I just had to pick another Texan LOL
No.

1. AJ
2. Steve Smith
3. Randy Moss
4. Larry Fitz
5. Anquan Boldin
6. Brandon Marshall
7. Reggie Wayne
8. Hines Ward
9. Terrell Owens
10. Roddy White
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
No.

1. AJ
2. Steve Smith
3. Randy Moss
4. Larry Fitz
5. Anquan Boldin
6. Brandon Marshall
7. Reggie Wayne
8. Hines Ward
9. Terrell Owens
10. Roddy White
nice
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

How did I leave out Reggie Wayne?
Old 12-17-2008   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
No.

1. AJ
2. Steve Smith
3. Randy Moss
4. Larry Fitz
5. Anquan Boldin
6. Brandon Marshall
7. Reggie Wayne
8. Hines Ward
9. Terrell Owens
10. Roddy White
Haven't seen much of Marshall or White.
Old 12-17-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How did I leave out Reggie Wayne?
Because you tried to slip in KW..

Also, I would remove TO and put Calvin Johnson back in.
Old 12-17-2008   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I agree with the second list more than the first. Wes Welker has no place in any top ten list, IMO, though I like the guy.

1. AJ - we all agree on that.

2. Boldin - this guy is way underrated, despite being considered a top ten WR. He's physical, he's tough, and he has performed well no matter who was at QB for the Cardinals. He was the fastest in history to 300 rec., and that was with QBs like McCown and Blake.

3. Jabar Gaffney - OK, now that you've spit coffee on your screen, I meant to say Randy Moss . I hesitate to put him this high, because he's only this good when he wants to be. But there isn't a more physically gifted WR in the NFL, I don't think.

4. Steve Smith - he's the energizer bunny. He just keeps going, no matter how undersized or outmatched he is. He plays like he's the size of AJ.

5. Larry Fitzgerald - benefits from having Boldin across from him, but that doesn't take away from him. He has some of the best hands of any WR, IMO.

6. Brandon Marshall - he and Cutler will be a force to reckon with for years, I think.

7. Hines Ward - people always talk about his blocking, and it's true, but his team-oriented style of play is where that comes from. He'll catch the ball, he'll serve as a decoy, he'll block for that badass running game they usually have, and he almost always keeps his trap shut. He's the anti-TO. He could put up a lot better stats than he does if he played on a passing team.

8. Torry Holt - Big Game Holt, for a reason. The guy runs awesome routes, has great hands, can perform at every level of the passing game, and has done it for years. He's an all-around great.

9. TO - I hate putting him here, because he has to be one of the worst teammates in the history of football, in terms of dividing a locker room. Nonetheless, his touchdown totals over his career speak volumes. Of all the stats that determine winning and losing, TDs fall just behind turnovers, and TO is better than just about anyone at scoring. His hands leave a lot to be desired, but he uses his size well.

10. Pick one between Reggie Wayne, Lav. Coles, Santana Moss, or Donald Driver. There are probably a few more I could lump in there as well.
Old 12-17-2008   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

I only wanted one more Texan that is why.
Old 12-17-2008   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
5. Larry Fitzgerald - benefits from having Boldin across from him, but that doesn't take away from him.
they both benefit from each other greatly
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess Roddy White is extremely underrated....

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I agree with the second list more than the first. Wes Welker has no place in any top ten list, IMO, though I like the guy.

2. Boldin - this guy is way underrated, despite being considered a top ten WR. He's physical, he's tough, and he has performed well no matter who was at QB for the Cardinals. He was the fastest in history to 300 rec., and that was with QBs like McCown and Blake.

3. Jabar Gaffney - OK, now that you've spit coffee on your screen, I meant to say Randy Moss . I hesitate to put him this high, because he's only this good when he wants to be. But there isn't a more physically gifted WR in the NFL, I don't think.

4. Steve Smith - he's the energizer bunny. He just keeps going, no matter how undersized or outmatched he is. He plays like he's the size of AJ.

5. Larry Fitzgerald - benefits from having Boldin across from him, but that doesn't take away from him. He has some of the best hands of any WR, IMO.

6. Brandon Marshall - he and Cutler will be a force to reckon with for years, I think.

7. Hines Ward - people always talk about his blocking, and it's true, but his team-oriented style of play is where that comes from. He'll catch the ball, he'll serve as a decoy, he'll block for that badass running game they usually have, and he almost always keeps his trap shut. He's the anti-TO. He could put up a lot better stats than he does if he played on a passing team.

8. Torry Holt - Big Game Holt, for a reason. The guy runs awesome routes, has great hands, can perform at every level of the passing game, and has done it for years. He's an all-around great.

9. TO - I hate putting him here, because he has to be one of the worst teammates in the history of football, in terms of dividing a locker room. Nonetheless, his touchdown totals over his career speak volumes. Of all the stats that determine winning and losing, TDs fall just behind turnovers, and TO is better than just about anyone at scoring. His hands leave a lot to be desired, but he uses his size well.

10. Pick one between Reggie Wayne, Lav. Coles, Santana Moss, or Donald Driver. There are probably a few more I could lump in there as well.
Driver over Wes.
Old 12-17-2008   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

1. AJ
2. Boldin
3. Steve Smith
4. Randy Moss
5. Fitzgerald
6. Reggie Wayne
7. Roddy White
8. Greg Gennings
9. Brandon Marshall
10. Calvin Johnson
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

I should have done the top 15 or 20.
Old 12-17-2008   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
they both benefit from each other greatly
Well sure, but Boldin was proving it long before Fitz came around.
Old 12-17-2008   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I guess Roddy White is extremely underrated....
Not really. I think he's putting up some fine numbers, and obviously helping Matt Ryan a ton, but I want to see how he does next year before I vault him into such company.
Old 12-17-2008   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

One guy I didn't mention that I really wanted to was TJ Houshmandzadeh. I don't think he quite makes my top ten, but he is a very good all-around WR. If this were a top 15, I think I'd have to find a way to slide him in there.
Old 12-17-2008   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haven't seen much of Marshall or White.
Really? Go look at their stats then gary. These guys are legit. Not saying Kevin Walter is bad, but if you had a choice between Roddy White/Brandon Marshall or Kevin Walter, who would you pick?
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

10 I would put Reggie Wayne there. He lead the league in Receiving yards last season I think and carried the receiving corps when Harrison went down. Good teammate, good hands, has deceptive speed and runs solid routes.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Greg Gennings is another one that I'd take over Wes Welker man I did not do a good job of remembering S. Moss sliped my mind as well.
Old 12-17-2008   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Greg Gennings is another one that I'd take over Wes Welker man I did not do a good job of remembering S. Moss sliped my mind as well.
You left off Torry Holt, as did everyone else. That is a travesty, IMO

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read