Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-17-2008   #1
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Haynesworth's Play Triggers F.A.

According to ESPN:

Quote:
Tuesday's recognition of Albert Haynesworth as one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL could come at a steep price for the Tennessee Titans.

When Haynesworth was named to the Pro Bowl on Tuesday, it triggered a clause in his contract guaranteeing he can become an unrestricted free agent after this season.

The Titans had agreed to four conditions under which they would agree not to place the franchise player tag Haynesworth. A second straight Pro Bowl appearance was one of those four triggers.

That doesn't mean Haynesworth is automatically out the door: The Titans still have exclusive negotiating rights with him until Feb. 27. But he's free to talk to other teams after that date.

Haynesworth's agent, Chad Speck, said now is not the time to discuss his client's future, according to The (Nashville) Tennessean.

"I am just excited for Albert that he made the Pro Bowl and he is certainly deserving of it,'' Speck said, according to the report. "Right now I know he is clearly focused on trying to get healthy and making it back for the playoff run. I think the contract stuff will take care of itself at the end of the season.'
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3775006

"I am just excited for Albert that he made the Pro Bowl and he is certainly deserving of it" - His Agent.

I'm sure Albert isn't half as excited as Speck is looking at his big looming payout!
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Haynesworth's Play Triggers F.A.

From a on the field perspective...he has earned it. He was very impressive Sunday and all over the field.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree with you Vinny. His play has earned it. I wonder what the results of his MRI were? Anyone heard?? Just curious because if there is any damage it could help the Titans from a leverage stand point rather than Haynesworth having all of the leverage.
Old 12-17-2008   #4
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Tennessee Titans will be without defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth and defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch for the remainder of the regular season, but should have both players back for the playoffs.

Haynesworth suffered a sprained MCL in his left knee toward the end of Sunday’s 13-12 loss to the Houston Texans and had to be helped off the field.
http://nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=64806

Nothing really substantial, but doesn't sound too serious.
Old 12-17-2008   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he tests the open market. Get him out of our division (unless he played for us, of course, which I think has a zero percent chance of happening). Matter-of-fact, dude needs to migrate over to the NFC, preferably the north division so we don't have to play against him for another four seasons.

Last edited by Double Barrel; 12-17-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I hope he tests the open market. Get him out of our division (unless he played for us, of course, which I think has a zero percent chance of happening). Matter-of-fact, dude needs to migrate over to the NFC, preferably the north division so we don't have to play against him for another four seasons.
I said earlier I hope he lands with the Lions
Old 12-18-2008   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

He has a possibility of becoming the highest paid defensive player in the league.

I don't know how Bud is regarding handing out big contracts but that would be the overriding factor...is Bud willing to pay that much for him to stay?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2008   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
He has a possibility of becoming the highest paid defensive player in the league.

I don't know how Bud is regarding handing out big contracts but that would be the overriding factor...is Bud willing to pay that much for him to stay?
I hope someone offers him something more & he leaves so tennessee fans can get a taste of the real Bud Adams.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #9
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Quote:

Quite probable. The contract he gets is going to be huge if there is a few teams interested in paying their way to a decent D-line. It could be a fantastic contract battle, and end up in someone digging themselves into the recession a little bit more.
Old 12-18-2008   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well everybody knows that he is going to command mega bucks.....I don't follow enough to know who could use him urgently...

There is always a demand to upgrade one's team but who in the NFL needs a big DT like him?

And who is willing to put up with the possibility of him going postal at some point and using his cleats again as a weapon?

I have read that he tends to be a bit on the lazy side when it suits him...

It's already lining up for him to be THE FA of the next off season. Should be interesting.
Old 12-18-2008   #11
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Quote:
Well everybody knows that he is going to command mega bucks.....I don't follow enough to know who could use him urgently...

There is always a demand to upgrade one's team but who in the NFL needs a big DT like him?

And who is willing to put up with the possibility of him going postal at some point and using his cleats again as a weapon?

I have read that he tends to be a bit on the lazy side when it suits him...

It's already lining up for him to be THE FA of the next off season. Should be interesting.
From what I hear, thats the worry. Unless ever contract offer he gets is heavily ladened with Pro-Bowl based incentives there sounds like there is a large possibility (for a franchise DT anyway) that he is going to go missing too much through laziness, and that is NOT one of the things you want to be worried about when deciding to signing away a large chunck of your salary.

Fine the psat few seasons he has been frightening, but after he signs the biggie, what happens then? Thats the call that someones going to have to make, and I have a horrible feeling its the call thats going to cost a GM somewhere some serious $$$ and perhaps his job (a la Cory Redding being a nail in Millen's coffin).
Old 12-18-2008   #12
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy
What? That he gets millions of dollars and is the most sought after upcoming FA?

Doesn't sound so bad to me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read