Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-15-2008   #1
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Titan Fan/NFL fan in general

Its a big rivalry and as much as I hate the Titans and Cowboys, (cowboys even more so), Titan fan, at least the ones in Sec 134, rows L and below where there were a lot of them, were actually well behaved and took their beating like man.
The big guy (bout 6'3 310, I'm 5'7 210) down 3 rows or so changed from a Lindell White jersey to a Kearse jersey during the game, I gave him hell about that and he and I jabbed hardcore and talked smack with a vengeance with my fellow Texans getting on him. But in the end, he gave us our props and we all shook hands and bumped fist after a good game. Its days like that I love were we got the win and respect of "good game" from the opposing fans. That's why I love the Texans and the NFL!!!!
Old 12-15-2008   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titan Fan/NFL fan in general

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
[size="3"][b]
The big guy (bout 6'3 310, I'm 5'7 210) down 3 rows or so changed from a Lindell White jersey to a Kearse jersey during the game
6-3 310 lbs? he shoulda been on the field in place of Travis Johnson!
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #3
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
6-3 310 lbs? he shoulda been on the field in place of Travis Johnson!
Only if he was after the buffet table, he didn't look too nimble.
Old 12-15-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
Its a big rivalry and as much as I hate the Titans and Cowboys, (cowboys even more so), Titan fan, at least the ones in Sec 134, rows L and below where there were a lot of them, were actually well behaved and took their beating like man.
The big guy (bout 6'3 310, I'm 5'7 210) down 3 rows or so changed from a Lindell White jersey to a Kearse jersey during the game, I gave him hell about that and he and I jabbed hardcore and talked smack with a vengeance with my fellow Texans getting on him. But in the end, he gave us our props and we all shook hands and bumped fist after a good game. Its days like that I love were we got the win and respect of "good game" from the opposing fans. That's why I love the Texans and the NFL!!!!
Well, hopefully he made the trip from Nashville, because Titan fans that live in Houston don't deserve anything but a bus ticket to Nashville and a kick in the ass.

That said - the VAST majority of Titan fans are being very classy after this loss. Their loser, whiny, diaper-wearing players? Not so much.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #5
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Well, hopefully he made the trip from Nashville, because Titan fans that live in Houston don't deserve anything but a bus ticket to Nashville and a kick in the ass.

That said - the VAST majority of Titan fans are being very classy after this loss. Their loser, whiny, diaper-wearing players? Not so much.
What would you be saying if we had won and our players had been making smart-ass comments... just wondering.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #6
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
What would you be saying if we had won and our players had been making smart-ass comments... just wondering.

Would've been a scrap with one of the fans....you just don't go into someone's house and talk smack after beating their team....not a smart thing to do when your outnumbered 100 to 1 and where you may just talk smack to the wrong drunk and well, you kind of asked for it then.
Old 12-16-2008   #7
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha no I'm referring to the guys here complaining of of the Titans running their mouths but supporting the Texans for doing the same. It doesn't matter to me, but if your going to complain about one you shouldn't support the other. Classless on both fronts.

You're right. I went to Chicago back in October and tailgated with a few of our buddies who are Bears fans in a parking lot on the South side of the city. Bad idea. But what were we going to do. I'm not a fighter by any means but some of the stuff they said/did was infuriating and once I get a few drinks in me all reasoning goes out the window... that would have been a mistake. So what can you do in that situation but laugh and take it?
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2008   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That would be par for the course, titans are always having diarrhea of the mouth. The next time they don't talk shit will be the first time.
Old 12-16-2008   #9
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
That would be par for the course, titans are always having diarrhea of the mouth. The next time they don't talk shit will be the first time.
Thats my point. You get mad at Titans players for talking smack after a win but you condone the Texans who are doing the same now (ie. smush and crush, referring to Finnegan as a leprechaun and others). Don't get me wrong, I don't mind running of the mouth either way, I just find it hilarious that it hurts deep on some of you yet you guys support it, or at least don't dispel it, from your own team.
Old 12-16-2008   #10
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha no I'm referring to the guys here complaining of of the Titans running their mouths but supporting the Texans for doing the same.
Is this a joke? The Texans rarely talk smack. Tony Brown excepted, the Tacks are made up of a bunch of classless (expletive expletive expletive) who do nothing but make idiotic remarks.

The Texans don't have crybabies like Vince Young or LandWhale White or mudmouths like Bullock, Fat Al, or Fake Irishman.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #11
ZX758
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I was a HUGE Oilers fan just as the rest of you guys. But seriously anyone still a fan of the Titans now that we have our own professional football team, should just move up there
ZX758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #12
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Is this a joke?

Not really. It's not a big deal, its just funny. Some here say the Titans are classless for running their mouths and then their Texans go and do it but no one cares.

I think its funny when anyone does it. Terrell Suggs putting a hit out on Hines Ward. Fisher calling the Jaguars stadium All-"Titan", its all fun. And you're right, the Texans rarely do it. But not many teams do that rarely win. Just sayin...
Old 12-16-2008   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats my point. You get mad at Titans players for talking smack after a win but you condone the Texans who are doing the same now (ie. smush and crush, referring to Finnegan as a leprechaun and others). Don't get me wrong, I don't mind running of the mouth either way, I just find it hilarious that it hurts deep on some of you yet you guys support it, or at least don't dispel it, from your own team.
Our players rarely say anything, and the smush and crush comment was flat-out funny, I mean falling out of your chair funny. And a fan heckling a player is normal and it is OK as long as it is not over the line and vulgar.

I think you misunderstand about how we are reacting to these ass-hat comments by the titan players, cause it does not hurt. I just have no respect for them, as I do not have respect for any classless pieces of shit
Old 12-16-2008   #14
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81109 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha no I'm referring to the guys here complaining of of the Titans running their mouths but supporting the Texans for doing the same. It doesn't matter to me, but if your going to complain about one you shouldn't support the other. Classless on both fronts.

You're right. I went to Chicago back in October and tailgated with a few of our buddies who are Bears fans in a parking lot on the South side of the city. Bad idea. But what were we going to do. I'm not a fighter by any means but some of the stuff they said/did was infuriating and once I get a few drinks in me all reasoning goes out the window... that would have been a mistake. So what can you do in that situation but laugh and take it?
I wore my Eddie George jersey to Buffalo for opening day the year after the MCM. Oops. Will comment more later on this.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #15
Bulluck53
All Pro

Yea, the All-"Titan" comment was funny as well, but ask a Jags fan about it and they'll flip out. All I'm saying is those "ass-hat" Titans' comments are no different than the Texans comments that came out after the game. They didn't hurt me, I ofund the leprechaun one pretty funny, but I'm sure someone will take offense to it.

My point is, making fun/talking shit is classless in any form. Joey Porter is a classless guy, yet some of the stuff he says is hilarious. I'm just pointing out that the Texans did it same as the Titans.
Old 12-16-2008   #16
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not really. It's not a big deal, its just funny. Some here say the Titans are classless for running their mouths and then their Texans go and do it but no one cares.

I think its funny when anyone does it. Terrell Suggs putting a hit out on Hines Ward. Fisher calling the Jaguars stadium All-"Titan", its all fun. And you're right, the Texans rarely do it. But not many teams do that rarely win. Just sayin...
Care to give some more examples, because we Texans fans can point to many examples of Titans players saying far worse. Your guys have proven repeatedly to be classless assholes who mouth off about the Texans and their fans and rarely give credit when credit is due.
Old 12-16-2008   #17
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I wore my Eddie George jersey to Buffalo for opening day the year after the MCM. Oops. Will comment more later on this.
Yea I can't imagine that went well.

I was decked out in gear at Cincinnati last season and the people around us were just droppin f-bombs our way throughout the game... priceless. Then we got shellacked and it wasn't funny anymore.
Old 12-16-2008   #18
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Care to give some more examples, because we Texans fans can point to many examples of Titans players saying far worse. Your guys have proven repeatedly to be classless assholes who mouth off about the Texans and their fans and rarely give credit when credit is due.

Aye, just nevermind. I was pointing out a double-standard. You're right the Texans players rarely talk shit, as I have already stated.
Old 12-16-2008   #19
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Who called Finnegan a leprechaun, and in what context was it said? Postgame or on the field?
Old 12-16-2008   #20
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Who called Finnegan a leprechaun, and in what context was it said? Postgame or on the field?

Haha, dude I don't know. I got it off of this article:
Quote:
A rivalry has been born
Best of all -- this is only the start of what figures to be a long, heated and healthy rivalry between Houston's old team and Houston's new team.
Already, the Titans players were sounding like a bunch of excuse-making sore losers. That's because this one hurt them so muich. They realize the Texans are rising, they once had the Texans' number, but that no longer is the case.

And how 'bout the Texans' players showing some mettle on the field and then some gruff attitude off of it, calling the "smash and dash" backfield tandem, "smush and crush."

Someone called the cheap-shot artist Cortland Finnegan "the leprechaun" and Matt Schaub dispelled the big cheap-shot he took from Finnegan, saying a "little guy" hit him.

I love it.
from his website: http://www.790kbme.com/pages/tedandjohn.html

My point is valid, but its not a big deal.

I have to go take an exam, wish me luck!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read