Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2008   #1
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 27237 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Don't look past the Raiders!!!!

Talk about a trick game. The Texans have a chance to contine building thier confidence, but the Jokeland Faiders loom.

The Texans are on a 4 game winning streak going for 5 a team record, and have just won two of the arguably most important games of the franchise. Emotions are riding high, hopefully Kubes can keep things in perspective and keep everyone from looking past Oakland.

This game in a way is just as important as the others this year because the Texans need to beat a team that they are obviousley better than, after beating teams that were favored over the Texans.

I know they can do it, but with success comes expectations!!!! (And stress!!!)

GO TEXANS!!!!!
Old 12-16-2008   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Don't look past the Raiders!!!!

I can see where this game can easily be overlooked and the Texans coming out flat. Hopefully they take care of the Raiders early and decisively. But, when you're winning 4 straight you'd think that your practice habits and intensity would be at an all time high. Let's keep the streak going!
Old 12-16-2008   #3
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a easy win for the Texans if Schaub doesn't throw towards Aso, hell, Schaub should not even look towards Aso. Besides him, Texans really don't got much to worry about, I expect a blow out, and yeah, as a Raiders fan I am saying this
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #4
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Don't look past the Raiders!!!!

They won't look past the Raiders. It wasn't that long ago other teams were looking past the Texans. I don't see them falling into that trap.
Old 12-16-2008   #5
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Rep Power: 27237 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

The Raiders just lost some of thier coaches to the Vols with Kiffin. That should add to the confusion for Cable.

I'm no Raiders fan, but its sad to see a once proud orginization in shambles.
Old 12-16-2008   #6
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

my crystal ball says Dunta will celebrate his near complete recovery from last seasons injury in Oakland and snag 2 ints.

Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
This is a easy win for the Texans if Schaub doesn't throw towards Aso, hell, Schaub should not even look towards Aso. Besides him, Texans really don't got much to worry about, I expect a blow out, and yeah, as a Raiders fan I am saying this
umm I wouldn't be scared to throw at him if he's covering AJ. All Pro vs All Pro.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2008   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Welcome aboard.

Tell me, what is the deal with the raider-fans forum? I tried to get an account registered but apparently I can't post or anything?

Is Al Davis running that forum personally?
Old 12-16-2008   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the Texans will overlook the Raiders. There's no reason for them too.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Lions game showed us that we can beat a team we're supposed to beat, but that we can still easily lose that game.

The Bengals game proved we can beat a team we're supposed to beat handily.

The Titans game proved we can beat a team that is hands down better than us.

This game against Oakland should be very telling of where we are as a program.
-If we lose (depending on circumstances) it tells me that the team is (i) still young and/or (ii) coaching isn't there (yet) to keep the players focused and in control.
-If we win (depending on circumstances) it tells me that the team is (i) maturing and/or (ii) coaching is there to keep the players in check and focused. or a 3rd option that we're simply better and played better.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #11
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
umm I wouldn't be scared to throw at him if he's covering AJ. All Pro vs All Pro.
No doubt AJ will prove to be a tough challenge for Aso, but Schaub has a tendency to under throw the ball sometimes, and with someone like Aso guarding AJ, he'd easily take advantage of those opportunities .

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Welcome aboard.

Tell me, what is the deal with the raider-fans forum? I tried to get an account registered but apparently I can't post or anything?

Is Al Davis running that forum personally?
No clue, I stopped going there for well over a week now, Im still a Raider, but I no longer blindly support the team as long as Davis is in control of the franchise.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #12
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

A single week Power ranking with us as #1. This is the kind of thing that makes this game scare the hell out of me..
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRa...pe=predictions
Old 12-16-2008   #13
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1426 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

i live in oakland, and have seen most of their games this year.

the texans can overlook them, play chester pitts at quarterback, and still win by two touchdowns. aside from asamougha, mcfadden is the only guy to fear on that team, and cable gives him backup reps.
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #14
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
The Lions game showed us that we can beat a team we're supposed to beat, but that we can still easily lose that game.

The Bengals game proved we can beat a team we're supposed to beat handily.

The Titans game proved we can beat a team that is hands down better than us.

This game against Oakland should be very telling of where we are as a program.
-If we lose (depending on circumstances) it tells me that the team is (i) still young and/or (ii) coaching isn't there (yet) to keep the players focused and in control.
-If we win (depending on circumstances) it tells me that the team is (i) maturing and/or (ii) coaching is there to keep the players in check and focused. or a 3rd option that we're simply better and played better.

I agree with just about everything you said with the exception of the Titans bieng hands down better than the Texans. I think the Titans are slightly better than the Texans because thier defense has the edge, but I think we're close the D just needs just a little more talent and the play calling from the last few weeks all year long.
Old 12-16-2008   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo orlando View Post
i live in oakland, and have seen most of their games this year.

the texans can overlook them, play chester pitts at quarterback, and still win by two touchdowns. aside from asamougha, mcfadden is the only guy to fear on that team, and cable gives him backup reps.
I've been wondering about this. Do you think it's Cable not trusting the O-line that he coached to not break the Raiders two 50 million dollar toys? What about their defense? I only got to watch Oakland vs San Diego @SD and that was about on par with the beatdown the Texans got served @PIT, so I'm not well informed.

Also, I don't know how you guys have lived through Al Davis dipping slowly into the depths of insanity, but it has been quite fun watching from afar.
Old 12-16-2008   #16
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if the Texans lose this game, the ony thing we'll have to complain about is coaching. Should be a nice change for the board.

Also, have the Texans ever really earned the right to overlook any team?
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #17
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i heard the thread title as a bad cover of an oasis song.
Old 12-16-2008   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

this is the first time in a while i can safely say we got this we can over look them and still get a W

COlts i said going in L

Ravens in knew we might lose

GB i was 100% we were going to lose

but now iam pretty sure we can handle oakland

and prob have a tough battle with Chicago
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #19
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
Also, have the Texans ever really earned the right to overlook any team?
No, and they know that. The Texans will be playing for something in this game and that something is a shot at their first winning record in franchise history. I just can't believe that thought is lost on any of these players, especially guys like Dre that have been around a while and have endured so much losing. I expect them to be well prepared and ready to execute the game plan...and win.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #20
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 33666 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i heard the thread title as a bad cover of an oasis song.
So Sally can wait, she knows it's too late as we're walking on by
My soul slides away, but don't look past the Raiders
I heard you say

then richard smith butchers the solo and the band gets booed off the stage.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read