Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Who would YOU like to see win a 6th Superbowl first?
a. The SanFrancisco 49ers! 16 21.92%
b. The Pittsburgh Steelers! 9 12.33%
c. the dallas cowboys... 11 15.07%
d. To heck with all three Go TEXANS! 37 50.68%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2008   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which team would YOU like to see get a 6th Superbowl first?

Okay The 49ers, Cowgirls and Steelers are all tied at 5 superbowls a piece. This year two of those teams have enough talent to make it to the big game. Which franchise would YOU like to see make it #6 first? You already KNOW my choice on this one.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which team would YOU like to see get a 6th Superbowl first?

Texans. No reason we can't get 6 before any of the others.

psst. See user name.
Old 12-16-2008   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys.

Time to head for cover.
Old 12-16-2008   #4
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

CAK!!!!! It's a poll...you forgot to vote! Personally I'd like to see the Texans take 6 of em before the boys make it back to the play offs, but realistically, seeing Troy Palamalu's smiling face as he holds the Lombardi for a second time in his hall of fame career would make my year.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 12-16-2008   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Well, I still hate the Steelers from the LYB era. I hate the Cowboys because. I don't care one way or the other for the 49ers, so if those are my choices, I'm going with the 49ers.

However, I prefer to pick the Texans, and watch those teams take a 40 year hiatus from the super Bowl.
Old 12-16-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys... Not NO, but Eff NO!!!
Steelers... Same!!!

meh, Niners I guess. No ill-will there.
Old 12-16-2008   #7
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Steelers... Same!!!

I DO like Mike Singletary...and my short haired doppleganger Spencer Tillman DID play with them when they won their last
Lombardi...but I'll stick with Pittsburgh on this one. I know a certain Cowboy fan who would be beside himself if it happened.
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2008   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
CAK!!!!! It's a poll...you forgot to vote! Personally I'd like to see the Texans take 6 of em before the boys make it back to the play offs, but realistically, seeing Troy Palamalu's smiling face as he holds the Lombardi for a second time in his hall of fame career would make my year.
Well obviously the Texans, but as that isn't likely I am a Texan and want to see any Texas team be on top rather than some yankee team.
Old 12-16-2008   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Steelers... Same!!!

D'OH!!! I didn't see option "D"... So, option "D"
Old 12-16-2008   #10
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Niners. I will be rooting for the Steelers, this week only and if they play the Titans in the playoffs.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys.

It's most likely to be the Steelers though.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Steelers without a doubt. The moment the Texans stop playing (after beating the Raiders and Bears) I transform into a die-hard Steeler fan for the duration of the playoffs. Seriously, they are doing the entire NFL a service by keeping the Titans out of the big game if they win out. Once they get there I say why not let them win 6 first. Of the three choices they're the team and franchise that I admire most.
Old 12-16-2008   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Steelers without a doubt. The moment the Texans stop playing (after beating the Raiders and Bears) I transform into a die-hard Steeler fan for the duration of the playoffs. Seriously, they are doing the entire NFL a service by keeping the Titans out of the big game if they win out. Once they get there I say why not let them win 6 first. Of the three choices they're the team and franchise that I admire most.
Naaah. If you truly hate the Titans, you want them to make it to the SB and then come up one yard short again.
Old 12-16-2008   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Too dangerous. Too risky. The Steelers are our only hope. In two weeks I go to the dark side. Did you meet Barry at my house? He was the big bald guy with the beard and he's a lifelong Steeler fan. He's going to be my "Darth Sidious" for the remainder of the year.

Always two there are, a master and an apprentice
Old 12-16-2008   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I took the Niners. Yeah yeah, the Texans, woot. Let's get a winning season and a playoff appearance first. I love the Texans and they'll always be my team, but for the moment there should only be three choices up there.
Old 12-16-2008   #16
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Texans of course but if the Steelers or 49ers get it would piss off JJ and that would be funny to me.
Old 12-16-2008   #17
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

texans

realisticlly i would say Pitts

i love a smashmouth D
Old 12-16-2008   #18
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well obviously the Texans, but as that isn't likely I am a Texan and want to see any Texas team be on top rather than some yankee team.
Yeah, I agree. Cowboys would have to be my pick. Of course if I thought it was possible for the Texans to win 6 before either of them I would pick Houston.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

no doubt I would much rather see the Cowboys win another besides the Steelers or 49ers. i don't have that Napoleonic complex hatred of the Cowboys (and Dallas in general) that it seems some Houstonians have towards anything Dallas though. If your in Texas, your fine in my book. I am a Texan first...and not just a Houston Texan but a TEXAN. Some even think there is a rivalry between the Texans and Pokes....umm, no.

Texas First...the rest of 'em can go bleep themselves...

its like this...I could be the biggest UT homer in the world, but if A&M made the National Championship game, I would be rooting for A&M something fierce and wouldn't be ashamed one bit. California and Pennsylvania can bleep themselves.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 12-16-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
no doubt I would much rather see the Cowboys win another besides the Steelers or 49ers. i don't have that Napoleonic complex hatred of the Cowboys (and Dallas in general) that it seems some Houstonians have towards anything Dallas though. If your in Texas, your fine in my book. I am a Texan first...and not just a Houston Texan but a TEXAN. I will leave the unwarranted hatred of the Cowboys by Houston fan to the jealous and juvenile....or both. Some people even think there is a rivalry between the Texans and Cowboys....ummm, no there isnt.

Texas First...the rest can go bleep themselves...

its like this...I could be the biggest UT homer in the world, but if A&M made the National Championship game (please don't laugh) I would be rooting for A&M something fierce and wouldn't be ashamed one bit. California and Pennsylvania can bleep themselves.

Wow, this coming from a Cardinal fan.

You must live in Houston and don't have to defend your city's teams on a daily basis I see. Besides, we are talking sports teams here, not real life. I have very dear friends in Dallas as well as in places where your would choose for them to go screw themselves. My feelings in the world of sports have nothing to do with my feeling of MY COUNTRY and COUNTRYMEN and WOMEN.

Just love Texas and it's citizens? Sad, very sad.

To a large degree I root for teams just because they are "local," but not all teams. One more thing, we all have our reasons for everything and you are way off in your catagoric thinking.

Last edited by Showtime100; 12-16-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read