Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2008   #1
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r
Default Sweet Revenge?

Let me start this off by saying I am glad it was not a career ending injury...I am not a total ass.

That being said, I did enjoy watching Haynesworth limping off the field!
After all the smack he has talked about taking Schaub out and us being scared, ect... and to make it even better, it was Brown that had the pleasure of rolling up on his leg! TAKE THAT YOU FAT BASTARD!!!

There, I feel better.
Old 12-16-2008   #2
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sweet Revenge?

we already did this thread.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post
Let me start this off by saying I am glad it was not a career ending injury...I am not a total ass.

That being said, I did enjoy watching Haynesworth limping off the field!
After all the smack he has talked about taking Schaub out and us being scared, ect... and to make it even better, it was Brown that had the pleasure of rolling up on his leg! TAKE THAT YOU FAT BASTARD!!!

There, I feel better.
on one of the sport talk shows yesterday on radio, one of the guys said he would love to have Haynesworth on Texans. He just might come looking for you.
Old 12-16-2008   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
on one of the sport talk shows yesterday on radio, one of the guys said he would love to have Haynesworth on Texans. He just might come looking for you.
He was all over the field....dude is an incredible tackle. He was making plays down the field in space too...I'd love to have him here and no I don't do the fake hatred thing. Footballs a tough sport and not filled with choir boys.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

If he plays like he has in these two consecutive contract years, I'd love to have him too. The guy is an a-hole and a face-stomper, but it's not like he's an off the field problem.

I'd love for our guys to have the on-field attitude that Haynesworth has... minus the cheap shots and face-stomping.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #6
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

He is without a doubt one of the most dominating defensive players in the NFL.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
If he plays like he has in these two consecutive contract years, I'd love to have him too. The guy is an a-hole and a face-stomper, but it's not like he's an off the field problem.

I'd love for our guys to have the on-field attitude that Haynesworth has... minus the cheap shots and face-stomping.
Hainsworth, Kearse, and AJ were the 3 clearly dominant players on the field Sunday...all three played like all pros.

Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2008   #8
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Not saying he is not a good player and I wouldn't want him....but as of now he is an enemy. If he were on the our team, I would feel dramatically different! He could talk trash and face stomp all he wanted.... But I don't want anyone else doing that to us!
Call me biased.
Old 12-16-2008   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I would add Tennessee's LT to that list... Michael Roos I think his name is? Mario was pretty quiet in that game, and they weren't doubling him very much. In fact it's probably the first game all season where I didn't see Mario getting repeated, consistent pressure on the QB - yet he still got within inches a few times.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-16-2008   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
I would add Tennessee's LT to that list... Michael Roos I think his name is? Mario was pretty quiet in that game, and they weren't doubling him very much. In fact it's probably the first game all season where I didn't see Mario getting repeated, consistent pressure on the QB - yet he still got within inches a few times.
Roos has only given up one sack all year....he was a great draft pick and coached very well by Coach Munchak.

Old 12-16-2008   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post
Not saying he is not a good player and I wouldn't want him....but as of now he is an enemy. If he were on the our team, I would feel dramatically different! He could talk trash and face stomp all he wanted.... But I don't want anyone else doing that to us!
Call me biased.
I'm totally with you on that. I mean, I wouldn't be okay with it if he face-stomped - just like I wasn't okay with Travis Johnson taunting Trent Green... but you can bet I'd be a HUGE Fat Albert fan if he was a Texan.

I wonder who will get him next year... I suspect it will be the highest bidder, and he'll overtake Jared Hypocrite Allen as the highest paid defensive player in NFL history.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-16-2008   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
I'm totally with you on that. I mean, I wouldn't be okay with it if he face-stomped - just like I wasn't okay with Travis Johnson taunting Trent Green... but you can bet I'd be a HUGE Fat Albert fan if he was a Texan.

I wonder who will get him next year... I suspect it will be the highest bidder, and he'll overtake Jared Hypocrite Allen as the highest paid defensive player in NFL history.
no way he gets away from the Titans....I just can't see that happening.

Old 12-16-2008   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Roos has only given up one sack all year....he was a great draft pick and coached very well by Coach Munchak.
Yeah, Roos is about as dominant as it gets. "Coach Munchak," man, that stings. LOL

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-16-2008   #14
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
no way he gets away from the Titans....I just can't see that happening.
I dunno, you think Bud will pony up that huge contract? I'm sure it's possible, but I bet they have concerns (just like I would) about him in a non-contract year.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-16-2008   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Yeah, Roos is about as dominant as it gets. "Coach Munchak," man, that stings. LOL
I was actually pulling for Munchak as our head coach when Kubiak was hired. Some team is going to get a hell of a coach when his time comes. I've never seen this man do anything poorly.

Old 12-16-2008   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hainsworth, Kearse, and AJ were the 3 clearly dominant players on the field Sunday...all three played like all pros.

You left out Mr. Robinson. He played like an all pro
Old 12-16-2008   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Hainsworths injury Sunday was an accident and those occur in a violent sport such as football. However, adding to the violence with the deliberate intent to inflict an injury that takes an opposition player out of the game is wrong and I will never support it.

Football should not and can not close its eyes to players whose stated goal is to injure other players to get them out of the game. After a while it becomes less sport and more who can deal out the most injuries.

Iím in a very small minority here and it will do me no good to keep posting my opinion on this, so Iíll just give this one up. Iím not changing my mind though, just not gonna post on it anymore.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #18
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

The irony is that one of his teammates knocked Brown into the back of his leg. I hope the jerk is ready to suit up next week. I would rather his career end in a really stupid Plaxico fashion...but that's just me.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He was all over the field....dude is an incredible tackle, when he is in his contract year. He was making plays down the field in space too...I'd love to have him here and no I don't do the fake hatred thing. Footballs a tough sport and not filled with choir boys.

Fixed it for ya. I hope we're not going to bust the cap for him ? That's all I say about that one.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read