Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-16-2008   #21
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titan Fan/NFL fan in general

No, your point isn't valid at all.

Every team talks shit on the field. That is part of the game and wholly expected. The classlessness we're talking about what Titans players routinely say in the locker room afterward.

They are classless buffoons who are too stupid to know when to shut their damn cakeholes. You know this as well as us, you just refuse to admit it.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #22
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

"The Little Guy" Height: 5-10 Weight: 188 Compared to Schuab or Haynesworth he is a little guy.

This punk ass deserved all the comments after not one but two cheap shots. So I am not sure what your point is.
Old 12-16-2008   #23
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Yea, the All-"Titan" comment was funny as well, but ask a Jags fan about it and they'll flip out. All I'm saying is those "ass-hat" Titans' comments are no different than the Texans comments that came out after the game. They didn't hurt me, I ofund the leprechaun one pretty funny, but I'm sure someone will take offense to it.

My point is, making fun/talking shit is classless in any form. Joey Porter is a classless guy, yet some of the stuff he says is hilarious. I'm just pointing out that the Texans did it same as the Titans.
I see football as a game of emotion and momentum as much as anything else and I cringe inside every time a Texan player gives someone a reason to play harder the next time they meet.
Old 12-16-2008   #24
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats my point. You get mad at Titans players for talking smack after a win but you condone the Texans who are doing the same now (ie. smush and crush, referring to Finnegan as a leprechaun and others). Don't get me wrong, I don't mind running of the mouth either way, I just find it hilarious that it hurts deep on some of you yet you guys support it, or at least don't dispel it, from your own team.
I think most of the trash talk is in "response" to most of the stuff the titans have been saying before and after the game. Haynesworth's comments about Schaub being afraid to play them, and now they try to downplay the win by hinting that they had nothing to play for which is ridiculous. Then saying "this was our superbowl", pffft...... I have no problem with them talking back to all the smack the titans have thrown their way.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #25
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #26
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Beautiful, DHC. That's good stuff.
Old 12-16-2008   #27
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Titan Fan/NFL fan in general

Walking up the stairs out of our seats some Texans fan Yahoo was yelling non-stop at a Titans fan walking out, who just ignored the guy.

The Mrs. stopped the Titans fan at the top of the stairs and said we're not all idiots.

I speak from experience, nothing makes you hate a fanbase more than someone or someones yelling right in your face for no apparent reason.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2008   #28
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Titan Fan/NFL fan in general

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Well, hopefully he made the trip from Nashville, because Titan fans that live in Houston don't deserve anything but a bus ticket to Nashville and a kick in the ass.
Can we qualify that to Titans fans living in Houston who became Titans fans the day VY was drafted deserve a swift kick?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #29
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the Detroit game and there were a lot of a-hole Texans fans yelling at people with Lions jerseys on. That kind of upset me.

With the Titans, it's a very emotionally-charged situation. I wish there was a way to tell the visiting Titan fans from the ones who live in Houston.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-16-2008   #30
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Can we qualify that to Titans fans living in Houston who became Titans fans the day VY was drafted deserve a swift kick?
ANY and ALL Titan fans who reside in Houston/surrounding areas. ANY and ALL.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-16-2008   #31
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I speak from experience, nothing makes you hate a fanbase more than someone or someones yelling right in your face for no apparent reason.
In most cases I'd agree with you, but the Titans exception applies here.

Frontrunners make me gag (see: Braves/Cubs/Sawx fans at MMPUS), but frontrunners who root for the only franchise that abandoned the loyal fans of Houston for the promise of a new stadium in Nashville deserve my ire. Make no mistake about it, these are probably the same short-sighted, idiotic Houston sports fans who enjoyed booing the Oilers and mocking their playoff failures. They're bandwagon jackholes who use VY as an excuse to blast the Texans and claim lifelong loyalty to the franchise they previously booed.
Old 12-16-2008   #32
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea I can't imagine that went well.

I was decked out in gear at Cincinnati last season and the people around us were just droppin f-bombs our way throughout the game... priceless. Then we got shellacked and it wasn't funny anymore.
I can back you up on Natti fan. Why? Because it's always nice getting pelted in the back of the head with ice.

Of course they may have been jealous of my seats:

Old 12-16-2008   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably can't tell, but James Brooks is given the business for being a pain in the Oiler's a$$!!

Old 12-16-2008   #34
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Our players rarely say anything, and the smush and crush comment was flat-out funny, I mean falling out of your chair funny. And a fan heckling a player is normal and it is OK as long as it is not over the line and vulgar.

I think you misunderstand about how we are reacting to these ass-hat comments by the titan players, cause it does not hurt. I just have no respect for them, as I do not have respect for any classless pieces of shit
yeah, but, spec, how do you really feel? i mean, it is hard to tell where you're coming from sometime.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #35
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Emotion, heat of the moment, whatever. Coming out in the media and saying that crap is classless either way. Whether someone does it routinely or does it once, it is still classless.

You guys say the Titans are a classless organization because we do it a lot, well, we win a lot. You're not usually going to do that when you lose. The Texans haven't won a lot so they don't do it often, but when they did when they talked smack.

I admit I wish the Titans didn't talk that stuff because I hate when people refer to my organization classless, and I think talking like that in the end is classless.

All I'm saying is if you're going to throw the word "class" into the discussion then you may want to realize your own are doing the same, thats it. I don't care how often they do it. I'm not comparing the Titans to the Texans in that respect. Just that both are doing it.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #36
Polo

Trash talk isn't classless....

Trash talk is as much a part of football as the actuall ball is.
Old 12-16-2008   #37
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Saying it in the media is not needed.
Old 12-16-2008   #38
Polo

Neither is saying it on the field but it happens anyways.
Old 12-16-2008   #39
Bulluck53
All Pro

Haha, they're very different.
Old 12-16-2008   #40
Polo

You're right...It gets much more vulgar on the field...

Poking fun at injuries, talking about peoples personal lives or kicking an opponent when they're already down is classless whetehr its said in the media or on the field.

Everything else is entertainment and fair game. Athletes have been talking trash in the media for a while.

I doubt very many folks would consider Ali classless.

Last edited by Polo; 12-16-2008 at 08:07 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read