Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Deljuan Robinson

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
I think Deljuan made some awesome plays yesterday. It was definitely a coming out party for him. He only had 3 tackles and 1 assist, but 2 were TFL's.

Just thought I'd spread the love around a little. :)

1-10-TEN 25 (10:54) 28-C.Johnson right tackle to TEN 21 for -4 yards (66-Deljuan Robinson).

2-14-TEN 21 (10:17) 5-K.Collins pass short middle to 28-C.Johnson to TEN 22 for 1 yard (52-X.Adibi, 66-Deljuan Robinson).

2-10-TEN 13 (2:38) 25-L.White up the middle to TEN 12 for -1 yards (66-Deljuan Robinson).
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29741&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2008&week=REG15&override=true

RipTraxx

Free Agent
For the few plays he's in he shows up. Much like Anthony Maddox did when we had him a few years back.

He's earned the right to start.....

SheTexan

Hall of Fame
Bulman has the heart of a beast! I'm liking him more and more each game. I love it when a "nobody" shows up and becomes a star! I just love watching that guy play ball.

Deljuan's on his way also! These two guys play with heart and soul. A good addition to our D. JMO!!

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
I think Deljuan made some awesome plays yesterday. It was definitely a coming out party for him. He only had 3 tackles and 1 assist, but 2 were TFL's.

Just thought I'd spread the love around a little. :)

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29741&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2008&week=REG15&override=true
Whoops, I forgot to add his third TFL.

1-15-TEN 15 (:39) 25-L.White right tackle to TEN 14 for -1 yards (66-Deljuan Robinson).

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
He was one of the keys to the victory. He was a beast. :texflag:
Yes, he was a beast in THAT game, but has yet to earn his way to true Beastliness. If he can do it day in and day out, then he'd be nominated for Beasthood.

Bulman has the heart of a beast! I'm liking him more and more each game. I love it when a "nobody" shows up and becomes a star! I just love watching that guy play ball.

Deljuan's on his way also! These two guys play with heart and soul. A good addition to our D. JMO!!
That's awesome, SheTex. The Heart of a Beast! That has a nice ring to it and the title fits Bulman well. :cool:

b0ng

Bad Hombre
I think that Travis Johnson really gets pushed around too much and should only be played as a backup if at all. I'd rather see Robinson start for at least the next game.

texasguy346

Mod Squad

I think Nading (#72) needs to be added to that group too. He's seen quite a bit of action in the past few games. I've seen him lined up as a LB on some defensive plays, and there's been times when he's blitzed & others when he dropped back in coverage. Also, even though he was playing with a knee injury he came very close to blocking a punt against the Titans near their own endzone.

I think Deljuan actually leads our team in TFL with 6. In his limited playing time that is impressive. TFL do not count sacks btw in which case obviously Mario would be the leader.

Scooter

Funky
robinson's tackle for a big loss was really something to see. he manhandled the guard and i dont think i've ever seen a fullback bounce off someone like that. it looked like throwing a nerf ball into a brick wall, the fullback bounced straight down lol.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
No clue who he is, by I knew his name by the end of the game - and said as such to those sitting by me. He came up huge a few times.

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod

4th and 1 on a warm afternoon night,
kill the Quarterback, kill the Quarterback
Quarterback bark, though he bite,
slip by his Center, break his neck,
then his pocket I start to wreck,
got no reason, what the heck!
kill the Quarterback, kill the Quarterback,
C-I-L-L the Quarterback

My paraphrase is compliments of Eddie Murphy's Mr Robinson's Neighborhood.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
I think that Travis Johnson really gets pushed around too much and should only be played as a backup if at all. I'd rather see Robinson start for at least the next game.

Agree. I'd hope that a demotion to backing up a guy who wasn't even drafted might in some way shame him into playing better. Travis remains a slug and useless for the most part. Sometimes he doesn't even look like he's trying.

Edit: That post above mine is so good I think an avatar might be on the way.

Specnatz

Hall of Fame

4th and 1 on a warm afternoon night,
Quarterback bark, though he bite,
slip by his Center, break his neck,
then his pocket I start to wreck,
got no reason, what the heck!
kill the Quarterback, kill the Quarterback,
C-I-L-L the Quarterback

My paraphrase is compliments of Eddie Murphy's Mr Robinson's Neighborhood.
I remember that .... did not recall it was Eddie Murphy. That goes all the way back to high school for me. Guy in school got busted for plagiarism because he used it as his own work.

Rep for the reference.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Agree. I'd hope that a demotion to backing up a guy who wasn't even drafted might in some way shame him into playing better. Travis remains a slug and useless for the most part. Sometimes he doesn't even look like he's trying.

Edit: That post above mine is so good I think an avatar might be on the way.
I understand that TJ has not turned out to be the top tier DT that he was drafted to be, but I wouldn't call him a slug or useless. He's still one of, if not the best DT currently on our roster. Sure, he get's beat a lot, but AO and Zgonina get beat more often than TJ

Honestly, Okoye should be getting ragged on just as much if not more than TJ.

I know stats don't mean much, but I figure I'd post their tackling stats anyways. FWIW

Tim Bulman: 17 Total, 11 Solo, 6 Asst
Travis Johnson: 23 Total, 18 Solo, 5 Asst
Amobi Okoye: 17 Total, 11 Solo, 6Asst
Deljuan Robinson: 25 Total, 17 Solo, 8 Asst
Jeff Zgonina: 17 Total, 11 Solo, 6 Asst

http://www.nfl.com/players/search?category=team&playerType=current&filter=2120

Hervoyel

BUENO!
I understand that TJ has not turned out to be the top tier DT that he was drafted to be, but I wouldn't call him a slug or useless. He's still one of, if not the best DT currently on our roster. Sure, he get's beat a lot, but AO and Zgonina get beat more often than TJ

Honestly, Okoye should be getting ragged on just as much if not more than TJ.

I know stats don't mean much, but I figure I'd post their tackling stats anyways. FWIW

Me from the "Amobi Comes to Play" thread said:
I have no idea what you guys were looking at where Amobi Okoye was concerned. He was being pushed around consistently all day and when he came out and Robinson went in the interior of the line just stiffened up like nobody's business. I think Robinson should be easily starting ahead of Amobi and that if we don't see Okoye bounce back from this "sophmore slump" he's in then will be seriously talking about Okoye busting ala TJ and Babin.

Yes he had one great tackle today. The rest of the afternoon he was being pushed around like a shopping cart. If he doesn't get what he had early last season back I'm going to stop calling him "The Force" and start going with "The Farce" because he's not playing well at all.
TJ is two years ahead of Amobi in experience and 5 years older than him. There's no excuse for how little Travis Johnson does. He's just a bum, or as I like to call him a slug. 2 sacks in four years while camping in the middle of an absolutely terrible run defense for four years isn't anything to be proud of. Travis doesn't stop the run and Travis doesn't rush the passer. What exactly does he do? The answer is not much. I'd be fine with his production if he was a 3rd rounder where he belonged but he's a first rounder and we passed on Derrick Johnson to take this big blubbery sack of nothing.

I don't think we've ever pulled a DL player off the street who didn't play harder than TJ.

In fairness to Johnson, he did make one important play for us. In the Titans' next-to-last drive, with us up 13-9, he brought down LenWhale when he looked like he had a convoy in front of him. Had he not made that play, the Tacks probably have a first-and-goal. Instead, the play went for only 3 yards and, a false start and a hurried throw later, the Titans had to settle for a FG. The Titans went 40 yards in the three plays before that, so they appeared to be in a groove, but Johnson's stop slowed the assault.

A key play, but I agree that Robinson played much better throughout the game.

valleytexfan

Veteran

Agree 100%

Mailman

Pwned by Hakeem
I watched the fourth quarter again earlier this morning on my dvr and noticed a play I didn't pick up on before. On the very first offensive play after the Kris Brown FG miss, the Texans stacked the box on first down and showed blitz. They put some serious pressure on Collins, forcing him to get rid of the ball for an ugly incompletion.

Who was the guy up on Collins's mug? DelJuan Robinson!

The blitz freed him up and absolutely mowed over Chris Johnson. Yeah, a player his size should always run over a guy the size of CJ3, but Johnson didn't even slow him down. DelJuan just steamrolled the rookie running back and was going right at Collins. I suspect there will be much laughter in the film room over that play.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
TJ is two years ahead of Amobi in experience and 5 years older than him. There's no excuse for how little Travis Johnson does. He's just a bum, or as I like to call him a slug. 2 sacks in four years while camping in the middle of an absolutely terrible run defense for four years isn't anything to be proud of. Travis doesn't stop the run and Travis doesn't rush the passer. What exactly does he do? The answer is not much. I'd be fine with his production if he was a 3rd rounder where he belonged but he's a first rounder and we passed on Derrick Johnson to take this big blubbery sack of nothing.

I don't think we've ever pulled a DL player off the street who didn't play harder than TJ.

couldn't have said it any better. Lets get some of these younger guys in & see what they could do with Trash Johnson's PT.

Vinny

shiny happy fan

It means quite a bit when you consider that Robinson doesn't get the snaps that TJ or Okoye get but out produces them anyway.

Nice story from today's Chronicle...
When DelJuan Robinson talks about his faith helping him get through difficult times, you’re torn between glancing in the direction of the scar on his chest and the tattoo on his left forearm.

The scar covers a surgically-repaired heart; the tattoo, a wound that never fully heals.

Robinson, a defensive tackle in his second year with the Texans, sat out what should have been his freshman year of college recovering from open heart surgery to repair a leaky heart valve that was discovered in a physical before the Alabama-Mississippi high school all-star game in 2002.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6170613.html

BigBull17

Hall of Fame
I don't think we need anymore DT's, and he is one of the biggest reasons.
Thats a trap. We need two fatass loads, and two gap penitrators. They should be a duo. Rotate them as you see fit. TJ and Okoye are they same type, and its just not working. I dont know what Okam is, lazy I guess. You can get a penitrator type somewhere, and space eaters are out there more often. If we go into next season with Robinson, Okoye, TJ and X big body DT, thats fine. We need one.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
It means quite a bit when you consider that Robinson doesn't get the snaps that TJ or Okoye get but out produces them anyway.

Nice story from today's Chronicle...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6170613.html
That was a great story. I was about to post the link meself. Yet another bargain basement DL find by Rick Smith... what's that 3...? Robinson, Bulman, Maddox last year.... Speaking of Maddox, I hope he get another shot at Weaver's slot in the 09 camp.

Edit: Add Earl Cochran to that list of bargain basement DL finds. I forgot he's on IR. And those guys in red... who are they?

» 12/17/2008 Signed CB David Pittman to the active roster. Released QB Craig Nall.
» 12/16/2008 Placed CB Antwaun Molden on the reserve/injured list. Signed WR Darnell Jenkins from the practice squad to the active roster. Signed CB A.J. Davis to the practice squad.
» 12/4/2008 Signed DE Dan Bazuin to the practice squad.
» 12/3/2008 Signed TE/LS Clark Harris from the practice squad to the active roster. Placed LS Bryan Pittman on the reserve/suspended by commissioner list.
» 11/26/2008 Signed CB Matterral Richardson to the active roster from the Washington Redskins' practice squad.
» 11/25/2008 Placed RB Ahman Green on the reserve/injured list. Signed RB Darius Walker to the practice squad. Released LB Justin Roland from the practice squad.
» 11/19/2008 Signed DE Jesse Nading to the active roster from the practice squad. Placed DE Earl Cochran on the reserve/injured list. Signed DT Gabe Long to the practice squad.

Last edited:

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I have liked Deljuan since last year. And he's progressing well.

But let remember that some of the tackles he made were also due to other guys doing their job.

False Start

On # 69
I hope he can make a name for himself. I love rooting for the guy that no ones ever heard of, outside of the hardcore fans. :fans:

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
That was a great story. I was about to post the link meself. Yet another bargain basement DL find by Rick Smith... what's that 3...? Robinson, Bulman, Maddox last year.... Speaking of Maddox, I hope he get another shot at Weaver's slot in the 09 camp.

Edit: Add Earl Cochran to that list of bargain basement DL finds. I forgot he's on IR. And those guys in red... who are they?

» 12/17/2008 Signed CB David Pittman to the active roster. Released QB Craig Nall.
» 12/16/2008 Placed CB Antwaun Molden on the reserve/injured list. Signed WR Darnell Jenkins from the practice squad to the active roster. Signed CB A.J. Davis to the practice squad.
» 12/3/2008 Signed TE/LS Clark Harris from the practice squad to the active roster. Placed LS Bryan Pittman on the reserve/suspended by commissioner list.
» 11/26/2008 Signed CB Matterral Richardson to the active roster from the Washington Redskins' practice squad.
» 11/25/2008 Placed RB Ahman Green on the reserve/injured list. Signed RB Darius Walker to the practice squad. Released LB Justin Roland from the practice squad.
» 11/19/2008 Signed DE Jesse Nading to the active roster from the practice squad. Placed DE Earl Cochran on the reserve/injured list. Signed DT Gabe Long to the practice squad.
Jesse Nading has been playing a LOT recently. UDFA, signed to the practice squad. Got his first game experience in the Browns game. He has some LB experience, iirc, and he works pretty good in those zone blitzes that Smith likes.

Gabe Long is a DT that looked good in preseason. He's a UDFA that's been on and off the PS all season.

Matterral Richardson and David Pittman... got no clue. They were surprise signings. We gotta trust Smithiak on this one. Probably special teamers.

Dan Bazuin. 2nd round draft pick by the Bears but hurt his knee. They let him go and we placed him on our PS. If he can come back from his injury, he could be a decent player. Work-pail kinda guy.

Darnell Jenkins is a wideout that a lot of people had high hopes for. There was just no way he was going to crack our lineup of WR's at the beginning of the season. I was surprised to see him moved up.

BigBull17

Hall of Fame
I have liked Deljuan since last year. And he's progressing well.

But let remember that some of the tackles he made were also due to other guys doing their job.
Thats 90% of being a good team, is having help and everyone doing their job.

mexican_texan

Furry Tractors

Jesse Naeding has been playing really well and came close to blocking Heintrich's punt last Sunday.