Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2008   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Deljuan Robinson

I think Deljuan made some awesome plays yesterday. It was definitely a coming out party for him. He only had 3 tackles and 1 assist, but 2 were TFL's.

Just thought I'd spread the love around a little.

Quote:
1-10-TEN 25 (10:54) 28-C.Johnson right tackle to TEN 21 for -4 yards (66-Deljuan Robinson).

2-14-TEN 21 (10:17) 5-K.Collins pass short middle to 28-C.Johnson to TEN 22 for 1 yard (52-X.Adibi, 66-Deljuan Robinson).

2-10-TEN 13 (2:38) 25-L.White up the middle to TEN 12 for -1 yards (66-Deljuan Robinson).
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playby...&override=true
Old 12-15-2008   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Deljuan Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think Deljuan made some awesome plays yesterday. It was definitely a coming out party for him. He only had 3 tackles and 1 assist, but 2 were TFL's.

He was one of the keys to the victory. He was a beast.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Make him the starter. Okoye and TJ don't do well together anyway.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we need anymore DT's, and he is one of the biggest reasons.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #5
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

For the few plays he's in he shows up. Much like Anthony Maddox did when we had him a few years back.

He's earned the right to start.....
Old 12-15-2008   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

He and Bulman are earning pay checks and some vets should be sweating.
Old 12-15-2008   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
He and Bulman are earning pay checks and some vets should be sweating.
Hell yeah and do not forget that Cochran was doing well subing before he went down.
Sponsored links
Old 12-15-2008   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bulman has the heart of a beast! I'm liking him more and more each game. I love it when a "nobody" shows up and becomes a star! I just love watching that guy play ball.

Deljuan's on his way also! These two guys play with heart and soul. A good addition to our D. JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Whoops, I forgot to add his third TFL.

Quote:
1-15-TEN 15 (:39) 25-L.White right tackle to TEN 14 for -1 yards (66-Deljuan Robinson).
Old 12-15-2008   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
He was one of the keys to the victory. He was a beast.
Yes, he was a beast in THAT game, but has yet to earn his way to true Beastliness. If he can do it day in and day out, then he'd be nominated for Beasthood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Bulman has the heart of a beast! I'm liking him more and more each game. I love it when a "nobody" shows up and becomes a star! I just love watching that guy play ball.

Deljuan's on his way also! These two guys play with heart and soul. A good addition to our D. JMO!!
That's awesome, SheTex. The Heart of a Beast! That has a nice ring to it and the title fits Bulman well.
Old 12-15-2008   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Travis Johnson really gets pushed around too much and should only be played as a backup if at all. I'd rather see Robinson start for at least the next game.
Old 12-15-2008   #12
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

I think Nading (#72) needs to be added to that group too. He's seen quite a bit of action in the past few games. I've seen him lined up as a LB on some defensive plays, and there's been times when he's blitzed & others when he dropped back in coverage. Also, even though he was playing with a knee injury he came very close to blocking a punt against the Titans near their own endzone.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #13
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Deljuan actually leads our team in TFL with 6. In his limited playing time that is impressive. TFL do not count sacks btw in which case obviously Mario would be the leader.
Old 12-15-2008   #14
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

robinson's tackle for a big loss was really something to see. he manhandled the guard and i dont think i've ever seen a fullback bounce off someone like that. it looked like throwing a nerf ball into a brick wall, the fullback bounced straight down lol.
Old 12-15-2008   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Deljuan Robinson

No clue who he is, by I knew his name by the end of the game - and said as such to those sitting by me. He came up huge a few times.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

4th and 1 on a warm afternoon night,
kill the Quarterback, kill the Quarterback
Quarterback bark, though he bite,
slip by his Center, break his neck,
then his pocket I start to wreck,
got no reason, what the heck!
kill the Quarterback, kill the Quarterback,
C-I-L-L the Quarterback

My paraphrase is compliments of Eddie Murphy's Mr Robinson's Neighborhood.
Old 12-15-2008   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I think that Travis Johnson really gets pushed around too much and should only be played as a backup if at all. I'd rather see Robinson start for at least the next game.

Agree. I'd hope that a demotion to backing up a guy who wasn't even drafted might in some way shame him into playing better. Travis remains a slug and useless for the most part. Sometimes he doesn't even look like he's trying.

Edit: That post above mine is so good I think an avatar might be on the way.
Old 12-15-2008   #18
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post

4th and 1 on a warm afternoon night,
Quarterback bark, though he bite,
slip by his Center, break his neck,
then his pocket I start to wreck,
got no reason, what the heck!
kill the Quarterback, kill the Quarterback,
C-I-L-L the Quarterback

My paraphrase is compliments of Eddie Murphy's Mr Robinson's Neighborhood.
I remember that .... did not recall it was Eddie Murphy. That goes all the way back to high school for me. Guy in school got busted for plagiarism because he used it as his own work.

Rep for the reference.
Old 12-15-2008   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Agree. I'd hope that a demotion to backing up a guy who wasn't even drafted might in some way shame him into playing better. Travis remains a slug and useless for the most part. Sometimes he doesn't even look like he's trying.

Edit: That post above mine is so good I think an avatar might be on the way.
I understand that TJ has not turned out to be the top tier DT that he was drafted to be, but I wouldn't call him a slug or useless. He's still one of, if not the best DT currently on our roster. Sure, he get's beat a lot, but AO and Zgonina get beat more often than TJ

Honestly, Okoye should be getting ragged on just as much if not more than TJ.

I know stats don't mean much, but I figure I'd post their tackling stats anyways. FWIW

Tim Bulman: 17 Total, 11 Solo, 6 Asst
Travis Johnson: 23 Total, 18 Solo, 5 Asst
Amobi Okoye: 17 Total, 11 Solo, 6Asst
Deljuan Robinson: 25 Total, 17 Solo, 8 Asst
Jeff Zgonina: 17 Total, 11 Solo, 6 Asst

http://www.nfl.com/players/search?ca...nt&filter=2120
Old 12-15-2008   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand that TJ has not turned out to be the top tier DT that he was drafted to be, but I wouldn't call him a slug or useless. He's still one of, if not the best DT currently on our roster. Sure, he get's beat a lot, but AO and Zgonina get beat more often than TJ

Honestly, Okoye should be getting ragged on just as much if not more than TJ.

I know stats don't mean much, but I figure I'd post their tackling stats anyways. FWIW

Tim Bulman: 17 Total, 11 Solo, 6 Asst
Travis Johnson: 23 Total, 18 Solo, 5 Asst
Amobi Okoye: 17 Total, 11 Solo, 6Asst
Deljuan Robinson: 25 Total, 17 Solo, 8 Asst
Jeff Zgonina: 17 Total, 11 Solo, 6 Asst

http://www.nfl.com/players/search?ca...nt&filter=2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me from the "Amobi Comes to Play" thread
I have no idea what you guys were looking at where Amobi Okoye was concerned. He was being pushed around consistently all day and when he came out and Robinson went in the interior of the line just stiffened up like nobody's business. I think Robinson should be easily starting ahead of Amobi and that if we don't see Okoye bounce back from this "sophmore slump" he's in then will be seriously talking about Okoye busting ala TJ and Babin.

Yes he had one great tackle today. The rest of the afternoon he was being pushed around like a shopping cart. If he doesn't get what he had early last season back I'm going to stop calling him "The Force" and start going with "The Farce" because he's not playing well at all.
TJ is two years ahead of Amobi in experience and 5 years older than him. There's no excuse for how little Travis Johnson does. He's just a bum, or as I like to call him a slug. 2 sacks in four years while camping in the middle of an absolutely terrible run defense for four years isn't anything to be proud of. Travis doesn't stop the run and Travis doesn't rush the passer. What exactly does he do? The answer is not much. I'd be fine with his production if he was a 3rd rounder where he belonged but he's a first rounder and we passed on Derrick Johnson to take this big blubbery sack of nothing.

I don't think we've ever pulled a DL player off the street who didn't play harder than TJ.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read