Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-23-2009   #61
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Say Goodby to-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
If you are considered the best player at your position then you will most likely get selected higher than you should because of team need.

It's just the way of things.
I know this, but just because the Texans have a NEED at safety doesn't mean that they should just go out and use an early pick on a guy that probably won't ever be a premier safety when they can get a premier player at another position that can help the team.

I'd be royally ticked if we took William Moore in the first round.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #62
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I know this, but just because the Texans have a NEED at safety doesn't mean that they should just go out and use an early pick on a guy that probably won't ever be a premier safety when they can get a premier player at another position that can help the team.

I'd be royally ticked if we took William Moore in the first round.
I don't see it happening.

The internet mock drafters see that we need a safety so they plug in their top one to our pick regardless of whether he should go there or not.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #63
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

You have to love mock drafters though. They keep everybody interested for the 4 months leading up to the draft. They always come out with a mock, then change it in the next one, then alter it some more, just to keep everybody intrigued. Mel Kiper's career is doing this crap and he's not even that good at it. I believe he got 4 or 5 picks right in the 1st round last year and he usually hovers around like 32% accuracy. He does belongs at ESPN all right.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #64
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Michael Oher, OT
Eugene Monroe, OT
Malcolm Jenkins, CB
Aaron Curry, LB
Brian Orakpo, DE
Rey Maualuga, LB
Michael Johnson, DE

hello to-

James Laurinatis, LB
Brain Cushing, LB
Clint Stintim, LB
William Moore, FS
Alphonso Smith, CB
Brandon Pettigrew, TE
Duke Robinson, OG
I half expect kubiak to draft Brandon Pettigrew and that will be a cool pick by my reckoning .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #65
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
I half expect kubiak to draft Brandon Pettigrew and that will be a cool pick by my reckoning .
I doubt Pettigrew gets to us honestly.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009   #66
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Pettigrew is a good player, but I'd be happy if we gave Chase Coffman a look. Know we haven't seen it but it'd be great to see the mismatches a 2 TE set featuring Daniels and Coffman.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read