Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2008   #1
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans at Raiders Game Day Thread

I've never started one of these.

Game time starts at 3:05 PM on CBS. A preview from NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/previe...&override=true

NFL.com Game Center for those that won't be in the viewing area:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...tab_gamecenter

Last week: Texans 13-Titans 12:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...ter&week=REG15

I think the Texans will win this one. Andre Johnson should have another big day (not saying 200 yards again, but at least 80 and a TD or two). I'm thinking Steve Slaton rushes for over 100 yards easily. Especially with the Ravens low ranked rushing defense. Only thing we have to watch out for really on the Raiders is Fargas and McFadden and hope they don't go off, because they have before this season. In the end, I see the Texans winning by at least two touchdowns.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 12-21-2008 at 06:56 AM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans at Raiders Game Day Thread

Go Texans! Five in a row after today, and 9-7 for the year after next week!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #3
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep. Finish out the season at 9-7 (first winning record). I'd love that and we would really be fresh coming into next season.
Old 12-21-2008   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

mario v kwame harris

if we get them in passing situations, i like that matchup to say the least
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am a selfish TEXAN fan! Not only do I want our guys to have a HUGE win today, I want MS and AJ to rule the field! NO friggin FGs today by KB!!! I'm playing for the championship in my FF league and I have MS and AJ. My opponent has KB (booooo.)

35-14 TEXANS

SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Go Texans! Five in a row after today, and 9-7 for the year after next week!

Let the celebratory drinking start already!!
Old 12-21-2008   #7
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I am a selfish TEXAN fan! Not only do I want our guys to have a HUGE win today, I want MS and AJ to rule the field! NO friggin FGs today by KB!!! I'm playing for the championship in my FF league and I have MS and AJ. My opponent has KB (booooo.)

35-14 TEXANS

Spot on there, have AJ and MS in FF this week as well, only difference is that I dropped Kris Brown for today, because we all know, he isn't having any field goals to kick today! Touchdowns all the way!

42-14 Texans, and a two and a half sack day for Super Mario, KW gets big yardage, and Stevie hits 101 yards to continue his personal streak.

mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2008   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I need the Texans D and Kris Brown to go off today.

We need to establish the ground game and soften the middle of the field early with deep looks to AJ or AD. On defense, make Russell confused at the LOS by showing different looks and blitz every passing situation in the second half when the rain comes.

The Texans need this win, but in the grand scheme of things they need to blow this team out - a complete domination on offense, defense and special teams is in order. We are past moral victories, overcoming adversity, winning on the road and putting together winning streaks - it is time to start destroying the other teams natural love for the game.
Old 12-21-2008   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Grrrrrrrrrr!! I detest 3pm away games! To friggin long to wait!

Sorry, just had to say that!I'm SOOOOO ready for some football! After last week, my anticipation level is sky high! Smackin GB on the road, and stuffing Texan dirt down the throats of the meatballs, just has me rarin to go!! Can't wait for the game to start!
Old 12-21-2008   #10
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sorry, just had to say that!I'm SOOOOO ready for some football! After last week, my anticipation level is sky high! Smackin GB on the road, and stuffing Texan dirt down the throats of the meatballs, just has me rarin to go!! Can't wait for the game to start!
Is anyone doing anything or going anywhere for this game?
Old 12-21-2008   #11
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I feel ya... but we must savor today. Remember, its ALL OVER after next week.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #12
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

You know I just realized it was a 3 o'clock game....

ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I'm stayin home Andrew. I have to work tonight and with this being a 3pm game, I just don't have the time to go anywhere. Check the "Bubba's" link in the tailgating section. I think there's a group going there.
Old 12-21-2008   #14
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm stayin home Andrew. I have to work tonight and with this being a 3pm game, I just don't have the time to go anywhere. Check the "Bubba's" link in the tailgating section. I think there's a group going there.

we might go gotta talk with Amy, but she worked last night and may not be up for it.
Old 12-21-2008   #15
CTWade
Quack Attack

Rep Power: 14 CTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden cover

I hate afternoon games. Why does it seem we have so many this season?
CTWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I need the Texans D and Kris Brown to go off today.

We need to establish the ground game and soften the middle of the field early with deep looks to AJ or AD. On defense, make Russell confused at the LOS by showing different looks and blitz every passing situation in the second half when the rain comes.

The Texans need this win, but in the grand scheme of things they need to blow this team out - a complete domination on offense, defense and special teams is in order. We are past moral victories, overcoming adversity, winning on the road and putting together winning streaks - it is time to start destroying the other teams natural love for the game.
That quote is going in my sig. That's pretty much what I've been wanting to say for about 10 weeks.
Old 12-21-2008   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWade View Post
I hate afternoon games. Why does it seem we have so many this season?
More people want to see us . Get use to it though. Next season, the Texans will have a couple of primetime games .
Old 12-21-2008   #18
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know, but this game still scares me. I don't know, call me pesimistic, but I think we could very well lose this game. I hope for the best though and say we'll win 42-17! . GO TEXANS!!
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #19
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
Bayou City Wings, Fuqua @ I45.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #20
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
I hope for the best though and say we'll win 42-17!
Those better be garbage time points!

I'm glad the game is at 3, I'm still recovering from drinking way too much last night...

GO TEXANS!
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read