Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2008   #1
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Congrats and my take...

I needed a cooler after covering that game. Fisher's call and Al's injury have me steaming....

1) Andre Johnson is just freaking awesome. Insane good. Enjoy him and cherish him.

2) Good crowd. For a team that was TKOd from the playoffs, the stadium was loud - a good sign for your team moving forward.

3) Your offensive line is brutal. CBS showed a graphic that was nasty - at one point in the 4th quarter he had been hurried 16 times, sacked 3 and knocked down 9 I think. That's unacceptable under any circumstances.

4) Slaton - guys you have your franchise back. The kid's motor is terrific and he runs tough. I saw two or three runs where he carried players to an extra yard to get a big first down. That's bigtime.

As an aside, I found it stunning that despite outplaying the Titans all game, that they still had a good chance at the end to win the game. Fisher's decision aside, that in itself is astounding and a sign that there is much work to be done in Texan-land to build a complete team that can put away a team clearly not interested in playing, which the Titans were in spades.

Finnegan, Fisher etc. all made ridiculous decisions in their choice of words, and Finnegan was a complete ***** for saying anything after taking two personal fouls that will likely, and deservedly, cost him 30K or so that helped prolong one of your FG drives.

Congrats on the win. It's a major step forward for the organization and your fans. I know how bad many of you wanted this game - and clearly the team picked up on that vibe, because they took the Titans to the woodshed today - and when the Titans refused to wake up and recognize it wasn't going to be a cakewalk, your team earned a W. The score flattered the Titans. Bigtime.

I will refrain from commentary on the Haynesworth injury, that's our problem, not yours.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #2
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Congrats and my take...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I needed a cooler after covering that game. Fisher's call and Al's injury have me steaming....

1) Andre Johnson is just freaking awesome. Insane good. Enjoy him and cherish him.

2) Good crowd. For a team that was TKOd from the playoffs, the stadium was loud - a good sign for your team moving forward.

3) Your offensive line is brutal. CBS showed a graphic that was nasty - at one point in the 4th quarter he had been hurried 16 times, sacked 3 and knocked down 9 I think. That's unacceptable under any circumstances.

4) Slaton - guys you have your franchise back. The kid's motor is terrific and he runs tough. I saw two or three runs where he carried players to an extra yard to get a big first down. That's bigtime.

As an aside, I found it stunning that despite outplaying the Titans all game, that they still had a good chance at the end to win the game. Fisher's decision aside, that in itself is astounding and a sign that there is much work to be done in Texan-land to build a complete team that can put away a team clearly not interested in playing, which the Titans were in spades.

Finnegan, Fisher etc. all made ridiculous decisions in their choice of words, and Finnegan was a complete ***** for saying anything after taking two personal fouls that will likely, and deservedly, cost him 30K or so that helped prolong one of your FG drives.

Congrats on the win. It's a major step forward for the organization and your fans. I know how bad many of you wanted this game - and clearly the team picked up on that vibe, because they took the Titans to the woodshed today - and when the Titans refused to wake up and recognize it wasn't going to be a cakewalk, your team earned a W. The score flattered the Titans. Bigtime.

I will refrain from commentary on the Haynesworth injury, that's our problem, not yours.
Simply put, no. Our O-line has played better but all those hurries and sacks and hits were the result of a defense, your defense, playing very very hard and aggressively. The thing is our defense played with that kind of aggressiveness and energy today as well. I mean its like us saying we gave you the game in week two up in Nashville. Thats right, we were disinterested and you guys just wanted it more. Come on. We made mistakes in spades all day, neither team played a clean game, but that was not the best that the Texans can play either.
Old 12-14-2008   #3
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel our OL play has been solid for most of the season. A huge improvement from yrs past. It is not a coincidence that the titans always give us fits, they have an outstanding pass rush. Big Al usually dominates the interior of any OL he goes up against.

Last edited by MeLoveTexans; 12-14-2008 at 08:31 PM.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #4
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Simply put, no. Our O-line has played better but all those hurries and sacks and hits were the result of a defense, your defense, playing very very hard and aggressively. The thing is our defense played with that kind of aggressiveness and energy today as well. I mean its like us saying we gave you the game in week two up in Nashville. Thats right, we were disinterested and you guys just wanted it more. Come on. We made mistakes in spades all day, neither team played a clean game, but that was not the best that the Texans can play either.
Don't take my commentary as disrespectful. If anything, I think the score severely flattered the Titans. I thought the Titans played with a sense of entitlement all game, like somehow it was always in the bag, while your team played their asses off and did the little things that need to happen to win a football game.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read