Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-14-2008   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Giants @ Cowboys

Sunday Night Football Extra

I want to be on SNF now.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Giants @ Cowboys

Pass interference is such a ridiculous penalty these days.

If you don't look for the ball it is an automatic penalty.

But if you do look for the ball you better intercept it because if you put one finger on that WR it will be an automatic penalty.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #3
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Romo is getting a lot of pressure from the Giants defense. 3 sacks in a row...

They are starting to throw quick passes and screens. Now a 34 yard TD pass the Creighton.

Edit: Play is under review, Romo may have been across the line of scrimmage.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Pass interference is such a ridiculous penalty these days.

If you don't look for the ball it is an automatic penalty.

But if you do look for the ball you better intercept it because if you put one finger on that WR it will be an automatic penalty.
I hate the penalty. I hate that it's a spot foul. You can punch a guy in the face and all it'll be is 15 yards but you tap a guy 70 yards downfield and it's a 70 yard penalty. They should make it a 15 yard penalty.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #5
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I hate the penalty. I hate that it's a spot foul. You can punch a guy in the face and all it'll be is 15 yards but you tap a guy 70 yards downfield and it's a 70 yard penalty. They should make it a 15 yard penalty.
I don't know. On one hand I hate seeing tangled up feet resulting in a 70 yard penalty, but on the other I don't like seeing a totally torched DB intentionally tackling the WR on a deep route knowing that he can only lose 15 yards.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning is retarded. That was Carr-like.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Manning is retarded. That was Carr-like.
Carr is on the sideline giving him pointers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2008   #8
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Crap! Eli sucks.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dallas has a special defense. Not exactly Steelers or Ravens-esque, but pretty good.

Too bad they have an offensive coordinator who gives up on the run after about 8-10 attempts.
Old 12-14-2008   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dallas has a special defense. Not exactly Steelers or Ravens-esque, but pretty good.

Too bad they have an offensive coordinator who gives up on the run after about 8-10 attempts.
I don't like Garretts playcalling alot of times...3rd and 1 on the 40 and you run the same draw with a hurt Barber and get stuffed. But all in all I am glad it didn't turn into Steelers part 2 after the safety.
Old 12-14-2008   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

The Giants are going to miss Plaxico down the stretch and need a healthy Brandon Jacobs ASAP. Am I he only person who thinks Jacobs might get a nice payday from the Giants this off-season?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

If it's going to light a fire under them and make them play better as they did last night I hope the Cowboys continue to fight and bicker all the rest of the year.

Now after watching them talk about it on TV I am thinking most of that stuff WAS made up.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
If it's going to light a fire under them and make them play better as they did last night I hope the Cowboys continue to fight and bicker all the rest of the year.

Now after watching them talk about it on TV I am thinking most of that stuff WAS made up.
I think there were some basic gripings about the offense but I don't think it exploded the way it was portrayed.
Old 12-15-2008   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I think there were some basic gripings about the offense but I don't think it exploded the way it was portrayed.
Amazing how much better they play when Tony isn't making stupid plays...I'll have to give it to Wade..since he's taken over the defensive side of the play they have responded. Eli was harrassed all night and the G Men have a very good O line.
Old 12-15-2008   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ESPN's gotta have some drama and soap opera nonsense for whatever reason with the Cowboys. it has zero effect on them winning or losing apparently
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
ESPN's gotta have some drama and soap opera nonsense for whatever reason with the Cowboys. it has zero effect on them winning or losing apparently
According to Witten and TO some of what was reported were flat out lies.

Somebody's lying that's for sure.

And it's kind of laughable in a sad way for TO to be "crying wolf" at this point.

OF COURSE fans/reporters are going to blame him. He's earned that by his past juvenile behavior.
Old 12-15-2008   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Amazing how much better they play when Tony isn't making stupid plays...I'll have to give it to Wade..since he's taken over the defensive side of the play they have responded. Eli was harrassed all night and the G Men have a very good O line.
Not to take anything away from the Cowboys outstanding defensive play however the Giants were down 2 starters on their offensive line last night and it was glaringly obvious to anyone that watches them every week.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Yep..injuries are killing them right now. That first sack by Ware he was untouched.

I actually like Eli both as a player and a person..he seems like a very nice humble guy.

And I wish the Cowboys had some of Coughlin's toughness on their staff. He weathered that storm when they wanted his head up there and really got that team started.

I'm not your normal delusional Cowboys fan as people on here say all Cowboys fans are.

The road to the SB still goes thru the Giants. I expect when and if they're full strength they'll be very tough to beat.

The Cowboys D played out of their minds last night though. Ware is just a punishing pass rusher.
Old 12-15-2008   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Not to take anything away from the Cowboys outstanding defensive play however the Giants were down 2 starters on their offensive line last night and it was glaringly obvious to anyone that watches them every week.
The backup RT (Booth?) has no business being in the NFL.

Greg Ellis and Chris Canty beat his ass all day long.
Old 12-15-2008   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The backup RT (Booth?) has no business being in the NFL.

Greg Ellis and Chris Canty beat his ass all day long.
Well, I'm usually not one to defend the Girls, but their LG is pathetic. Dude was getting mauled damn near every play.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read