Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2008   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Amobi comes to play

Shout out to Amobi for that great stop on the half of "lard and tard" lol. D was solid in spurts today
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Amobi comes to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
Shout out to Amobi for that great stop on the half of "lard and tard" lol. D was solid in spurts today

surely you mean they were great today and only beaten in spurts

the d-line as a whole really played well. everyone made plays- deljuan and amobi foremost but tj, weaver, bulman and mario all made important plays. it wasnt just the mario show for a change
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no idea what you guys were looking at where Amobi Okoye was concerned. He was being pushed around consistently all day and when he came out and Robinson went in the interior of the line just stiffened up like nobody's business. I think Robinson should be easily starting ahead of Amobi and that if we don't see Okoye bounce back from this "sophmore slump" he's in then will be seriously talking about Okoye busting ala TJ and Babin.

Yes he had one great tackle today. The rest of the afternoon he was being pushed around like a shopping cart. If he doesn't get what he had early last season back I'm going to stop calling him "The Force" and start going with "The Farce" because he's not playing well at all.
Old 12-14-2008   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95001 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I have no idea what you guys were looking at where Amobi Okoye was concerned. He was being pushed around consistently all day and when he came out and Robinson went in the interior of the line just stiffened up like nobody's business. I think Robinson should be easily starting ahead of Amobi and that if we don't see Okoye bounce back from this "sophmore slump" he's in then will be seriously talking about Okoye busting ala TJ and Babin.

Yes he had one great tackle today. The rest of the afternoon he was being pushed around like a shopping cart. If he doesn't get what he had early last season back I'm going to stop calling him "The Force" and start going with "The Farce" because he's not playing well at all.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6162338.html
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Well that's great if there's a logical explanation for his play the past few weeks. Kubiak says there: "Kubiak said. “We’re expecting him to be a big part of us playing better these last three weeks.” and hopefully since that didn't happen this week he'll do better in the last two.

Me, I'd rest him and let Robinson start the rest of the way out. If your first round draft pick is hampered by a high ankle sprain and clearly not playing as well as your undrafted free agent why keep running him out there?
Old 12-14-2008   #6
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 118532 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He was in the QBs face several times, and forced bad throws. One forced the int, and another was on 3rd down and forced a punt.

It's nice to see him show up for a change, but that should be an ordinary to bad game for a guy with his talent.
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Okoye was awful early in the game and only flashed his ability in a couple of plays in the entire game. When Robinson came in he was disruptive from his first play and drew eventual double teams. Okoye didn't do much but he did have a pressure and a big play...otherwise he was pushed all over the place.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2008   #8
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

It was about fraking time Amobi made a meaningful play
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #9
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I thought Okoye was awful early in the game and only flashed his ability in a couple of plays in the entire game. When Robinson came in he was disruptive from his first play and drew eventual double teams. Okoye didn't do much but he did have a pressure and a big play...otherwise he was pushed all over the place.
Robinson looks like what we thought Travis Johnson was going to be, a guy who shows both the abiloty to hold the point and be disriptive. He should getting more snaps than any other DT at the moment.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #10
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Robinson was great!

Two significant plays by Amobi is something to be encouraged by though. Need to see more of it but he certainly flashed his ability today.
dalemurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 388264 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Because of seating situation, I met Amobi's family last season. Talked to them after the game today and they said he is finally beginning to feel like he can play again. I am going to chalk this season up to a Mario rookie season injury kind of deal. He has toughed out a high ankle sprain without quitting. Now maybe the Texans should have shut him down like maybe they should have shut Mario down.

I want to see production next year though.
Old 12-15-2008   #12
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Because of seating situation, I met Amobi's family last season. Talked to them after the game today and they said he is finally beginning to feel like he can play again. I am going to chalk this season up to a Mario rookie season injury kind of deal. He has toughed out a high ankle sprain without quitting. Now maybe the Texans should have shut him down like maybe they should have shut Mario down.

If we don't get it from him maybe we will get it from Deljuan. Either way I can see progress being made in that spot next season and who knows what could happen in FA and the draft.
Old 12-15-2008   #13
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Robinson looks like what we thought Travis Johnson was going to be, a guy who shows both the abiloty to hold the point and be disriptive. He should getting more snaps than any other DT at the moment.
Great point. I did notice on the big play by Amobi to stop White in the backfield for a loss that he was between Mario & Robinson. The Titans double teamed Robinson with the C & RG, and tried to have the LG playing opposite Okoye cheat a little & help with Mario too. Okoye deserves the credit for making the play, but part of the reason he was able to make that play was the attention that Mario & Robinson were receiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think we're all expecting to see some more production from Okoye next year. He'll certainly have help alongside him with Mario drawing double teams & special attention from opposing teams.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #14
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, Amobi has been disappointing thus far, just wanted to point out that big run stuff...hopefully it's a prelude of things to come.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #15
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
Okoye deserves the credit for making the play, but part of the reason he was able to make that play was the attention that Mario & Robinson were receiving.
The other part of the reason, was he EXPLODED off the ball. The kid
has talent, and a high-ankle sprain. Kubiak/Smith are great evaluators
of talent, so I believe Coach when he says Amobi will be fine.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95001 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts on Amobi are that before today, I don't think I've heard Amobi's name called all season. Then I read the article today about how he's been nagged all along by a high ankle sprain. Then, in the game today, I hear his name called a couple of times.

Anxious to see if his name will continue to get called in the next couple of games.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #17
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Just glad to finally see him make a few significant plays in a game. Thank you Amobi for finally being semi-productive in a game.
Old 12-15-2008   #18
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

It was nice to hear his name called on a big play.
Old 12-15-2008   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Do you think he can be converted to to DE? He could shed 30 pounds and be even faster. It is something when DelJuan is beating out Okoye and TJ.
Old 12-15-2008   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Do you think he can be converted to to DE? He could shed 30 pounds and be even faster. It is something when DelJuan is beating out Okoye and TJ.
You know, he's so damn young that I can't help expecting him to get better in 2009. The whole thing with Okoye is "upside" and I think that's still in effect. He's a total puppy by NFL standards and he needs strength and weight as well as experience. 2009 is a big year for Okoye. He should start really stepping up and being a force or he'll be TJ2 by the end of the year (presuming there's no injury problem to cloud the issue).

TJ is just a slug. He's depth and not much more. I don't even know if I'd call him quality depth considering Rick Smith has been able to find an almost endless supply of undrafted and street free agents who out play him at almost every turn.

DelJuan Robinson is a bona fide find. That guy is starting for me next week if I'm Kubiak.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read