Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2008   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Molden: Broken Ankle

According to Kubiak in the press conference.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Molden: Broken Ankle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
According to Kubiak in the press conference.
what else is being said, I can't view it for some reason.
Old 12-14-2008   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
what else is being said, I can't view it for some reason.
He was only on for a short bit. I'm still waiting for the players to show up.

But basically, Kubes just said that he was really happy, that the Titans were a tough team (best in the league right now) and this is what it takes to beat a tough team. Lotta coachspeak about AJ is a beast and the D has really stepped up. But just as he was about to walk off, he stopped and mentioned Molden's ankle and said he was out for the rest of the season.

Matt's just showed up....
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #5
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully he comes in strong for next year, we are going to miss him on ST these last two games.
Old 12-14-2008   #6
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Molden: Broken Ankle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Hopefully he comes in strong for next year, we are going to miss him on ST these last two games.
He should have gotten more playing time in the secondary. Hopefully next year
Old 12-14-2008   #7
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
He should have gotten more playing time in the secondary. Hopefully next year
Agreed. This staff has,at times, a strange marriage to their starters.

I like the raw talent of these small school guys we've taken but I have concerns if they can turn the corner quick enough to justify taking them in the third.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2008   #8
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Molden out

Somehow I missed this during the game, but I read on the ESPN summary that Molden broke his ankle (and will be out the rest of the season). How did this happen? It's too bad - I was really hoping to see what he had to offer in these last few weeks.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #9
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Molden out

That totally blows!
Old 12-14-2008   #10
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Adibi injured his groin, also. That's a tough injury to come back from in a week. Hopefully it's just a strain, and not a pull.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh well, it looked like Molden wasn't going to do much more than cover STs in the last two games anyways......he got his feet wet this year, I'm expecting bigger things out of him next season. Get well soon Molden

As far as Adibi goes...man that kid sure does strain and pull alot of stuff......I wonder if he's stretching out properly?

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Molden Out For Season

I didn't see this posted anywhere else so if it is Mods you can delete it.

Heard on the radio (610 AM) this morning when they had John McLain on that Molden broke his ankle in the game yesterday and will miss the rest of the season. I know he was used mainly on ST's, but I had high hopes he would start playing more and show more improvement. He's been really good on coverage for Kickoffs and Punts from what I've seen and heard. Hope the injury doesn't affect his speed or cover ability.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #13
BuffaloglennTX
Rookie

Rep Power: 24 BuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Somehow I missed this during the game, but I read on the ESPN summary that Molden broke his ankle (and will be out the rest of the season). How did this happen? It's too bad - I was really hoping to see what he had to offer in these last few weeks.
Molden broke his ankle covering a punt (or a kickoff, can't remember). I was at the game so I couldn't see exactly how he injured it, but when the coverage tackling pile cleared, Molden was at the bottom. Need to watch on DVR tonight to confirm. Tough loss - he has been a great ST player but at least it isn't a knee and he should be in good shape for next season.
BuffaloglennTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #14
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

This guy should've been playing a LOT more. My theory is rookies only get better (Qbs the exception) when you PLAY em. 6'1 Corner that can RUN? sign me up.
Old 12-15-2008   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Molden was playing exceptionally well on ST this season. He made just about every tackle!

I wish he could have gotten more playing time as an actual CB but it's hard to fault the coaching staff. They see him in practice as well as the other CB's so it's hard for us to say with confidence who's better. Reeves is progressing pretty well but still has lots of improvement to do, Bennett has had a sophomore slump but they've gotten him out there a bit, Dunta is coming back from injury and they need to squeeze him in the line up to get better and decide on his playing ability for a possible contract extension, Faggins is a fan favorite to target so go on and hate on him (). I'm in complete agreement that we'd all love to see him out there on defense but I think it was hard to get him on the field. Looks like he has a bunch of potential so hopefully he can recover from this during the offseason and get a lot of practice in.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #16
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm confident he will get his shot next year at more PT at CB. At worst I see him taking the snaps that Faggins is getting this year. That puts him at 4 on the depth chart and if he plays extremely well in preseason and when he is on the field early in the regular season he will have the opportunity to move up. I imagine he will also continue to play and excel on ST so his production could increase substantially next season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read