Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2008   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Still think Schaub is "afraid of the Titans" defensive line?

Yeah, he was terrified.

Running for yardage and not sliding... standing in the pocket and keeping his poise... almost 300 yards passing...

Oh... and glad to see the Titan's "revenge" on Slaton for getting 100+ on them worked out.

Slaton: 24 carries, 100 yards.

Fat Albert and all the Titan players who talked shit all week - tell me how my ass tastes?

HUGE win. SUCK IT BUD ADAMS! SUCK IT!!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #2
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1333 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Still think Schaub is "afraid of the Titans" defensive line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Yeah, he was terrified.

Running for yardage and not sliding... standing in the pocket and keeping his poise... almost 300 yards passing...

Oh... and glad to see the Titan's "revenge" on Slaton for getting 100+ on them worked out.

Fat Albert and all the Titan players who talked shit all week - tell me how my ass tastes?

Very poetic! Rep your way. And yeah suck it hard Bud Adams, the entire state of Tennessee, and every single Tack fan out there!!!! Suck it really hard!!!
Old 12-14-2008   #3
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1333 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Question Schaub's durability now? Let's hear it???? Man he stood tall and played tough.
Old 12-14-2008   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha! I agree, great feeling right now.

For all the people that say Schaub is soft, they need to have their head examined. The dude is a gamer, he proved it last week by leading the team down the field and again today. Now, people may very well be able to argue he is injury prone but I don't see how anyone could call him soft. I hope he continues to stay healthy, he is shaping up into a very nice QB.
Old 12-14-2008   #5
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I especially loved how EVERY time the Titans defense stacked the box,
Schaub would go deep to Dre. It kept the Titans on their heels the
whole game.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #6
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a different game if Fisher would have had the guts to put Vince
in the game on 3rd and 1.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #7
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub was outstanding today, he and Andre were just awesome. Hopefully the O-line gels big time before next season starts cause I hate, I absolutely hate watching him get hit so much. Love how he bounced up after every hit today though.
Old 12-14-2008   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
It's a different game if Fisher would have had the guts to put Vince
in the game on 3rd and 1.
Yeah, cuz he'd throw a pick and we'd win by more.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be shocked if that blow to the head didn't result in a mild concussion, that was a hell of a hit he took.
Old 12-14-2008   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if that blow to the head didn't result in a mild concussion, that was a hell of a hit he took.
That hit was hard, but I think he took it in the chin. His jaw may hurt all week, but I doubt he lost too many brain cells.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
That hit was hard, but I think he took it in the chin. His jaw may hurt all week, but I doubt he lost too many brain cells.
It looked like right around the left ear to me, it looked like you could see the helmet bending/absorbing the impact.
Old 12-14-2008   #12
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Yeah, he was terrified.

Rep!

To answer your question Chris, I don't think Schaub is scared of anybody.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub has won big games. Schaub has been cool while bringing us back in tough games. He has done alot to prove himself. People saw this long ago and had to fight the constant backup lovers. He still needs to stay upright and knock back the turnovers but overall he is a tough guy who can lead a team and be a top QB
Old 12-14-2008   #14
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Still think Schaub is "afraid of the Titans" defensive line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Schaub was outstanding today, he and Andre were just awesome. Hopefully the O-line gels big time before next season starts cause I hate, I absolutely hate watching him get hit so much. Love how he bounced up after every hit today though.
Absolutely. I mentioned it on another thread... I love the win, but what bothers me is both their lines are better than ours. We need to get stronger up front.
Old 12-14-2008   #15
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
Absolutely. I mentioned it on another thread... I love the win, but what bothers me is both their lines are better than ours. We need to get stronger up front.
No doubt. As sweet as that win was, it was cringe-inducing every time Schaub didn't get rid of the ball immediately... because man oh man were they ever bringing it.

We just have to hope our players get better, because at this point with our O as good as it is - I don't see us upgrading the offensive line much. Certainly not significantly.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 12-14-2008   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yea hes still afriad i think he did like 2 check downs and about 3 throw aways
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #17
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
yea hes still afriad i think he did like 2 check downs and about 3 throw aways
The throw aways were to prevent sacks. Would you rather him take an 8 yard loss? Maybe get planted by Al on his shoulder again?
Old 12-14-2008   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Schaub has won big games. Schaub has been cool while bringing us back in tough games. He has done alot to prove himself. People saw this long ago and had to fight the constant backup lovers. He still needs to stay upright and knock back the turnovers but overall he is a tough guy who can lead a team and be a top QB
I'm agreeing with you on this one, esp., since we probably don't have a chance in H*ll of getting the TOP PASSER-RATED (127.1) QB in the NFL. He has a 100% completion rate (1 for 1) for 5 yds, 1 TD and 0 INTs..........His name?.......................David Carr.........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #19
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Norg's just kidding.

Uh... right?

www.HoustonDiehards.com

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read