Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-15-2008   #41
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Good Job ...

Ha its the food chain...
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #42
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

...it just makes the above congrats post all the more disingenuous.

Equating you to Cowboy fan was a bit below the belt. However, I think that comes from the letdown of reading this thread with sincerity, but then finding out that you were trash talking us at the same time in another forum. Lowlife Titans fan is one thing, but back-stabbing lowlife Titans fan kind of puts you in the same company as many Cowboys fans (no offense to the resident and approved Cowboys fans of the forum).

Of course, you know this is all fun and games of an inter-divisional rivalry with all the baggage of history, so I know you're thick-skinned enough to take it in stride. And that being said, I honestly and sincerely wish to tell you, during this holiday season, go Steelers.
There was nothing insincere about what I said. I said cograts that is what I meant. You beat us fairly and I have nothing to point to to say that a missed call or bad set of circumstances caused us to lose the game. AJ tore us apart and your D held Collins in check the entire game.

That said the Oilers were my team and so are the Titans. In no way do I think the Titans are overrated and the entire thread was thrown up by a troll who should be banned. Hey your guys that came over and made it a great week of smack were more then accepted and at one point I even asked for the group to lay off the neg repping because that is what the smack forum is for. The comments were getting a little brazen in the smack threads so it was time to throw down a glove.

I hope you threw up in a trash can typing that last line. What are you sporting an Elway jersey now too?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #43
titanbuoy
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 titanbuoy was voted MVPtitanbuoy was voted MVPtitanbuoy was voted MVP

Hey congratulations on the big win guys. To be continued next year Good luck on winning out the season.
titanbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #44
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Double Barrel;1077554]

Lowlife Titans fan is one thing, but back-stabbing lowlife Titans fan kind of puts you in the same company as many Cowboys fans (no offense to the resident and approved Cowboys fans of the forum).

Glad you qualified yourself there DB! You just about hurt my feelings! HA!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #45
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=WWJD;1077604]
Quote:

Lowlife Titans fan is one thing, but back-stabbing lowlife Titans fan kind of puts you in the same company as many Cowboys fans (no offense to the resident and approved Cowboys fans of the forum).

Glad you qualified yourself there DB! You just about hurt my feelings! HA!
Tacks fans are a little worse I think..although when I was walking up the aisle after we beat the titans sunday a cowboys fan was sitting wearing his cowboy gear and started yelling at me(not sure why me?)about if I want to watch a real game, then watch the Cowboys play tonight. I started yelling back at him that he just saw a "real" game by beating the best team in the league and to get of our stadium, etc...

Last edited by imatexan; 12-15-2008 at 10:47 PM.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #46
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=imatexan;1077605]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post

Tacks fans are a little worse I think..although when I was walking up the ramps after we best the titans sunday a cowboys fan was sitting wearing his cowboy gear and started yelling at me(not sure why me?)about if I want to watch a real game, then watch the Cowboys play tonight. I started yelling back at him that he just saw a "real" game by beating the best team in the league and to get of our stadium, etc...
I don't identify much with today's NFL fan I guess...when I was going to games just a few short years ago people were polite and respectable and you could actually go to a game without being harrassed and yelled at for wearing whatever gear you want.

Times have changed!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #47
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=WWJD;1077697]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post

I don't identify much with today's NFL fan I guess...when I was going to games just a few short years ago people were polite and respectable and you could actually go to a game without being harrassed and yelled at for wearing whatever gear you want.

Times have changed!
Times haven't really changed for most. It just appears that the one fan that comes off as obnoxious gets publicity as though as though he/she was the entire fan base.

I had an unpleasant experience with a Titan fan on yesterday because after finishing his beer, instead of placing the bottle upright underneath his seat, he turned it over on an empty tray underneath my seat. Needless to say, the bottle wasn't empty nor the next one that he put down. When I looked down there was beer underneath my purse, on my pants hem and a colossal mess in my seating area. While trying to use tissue to absorb some of the mess, I missed the field goal that Brown missed, and when I turned around I couldn't believe what happened. I certainly didn't do or say anything to provoke the behavior, and never turned around when he and his friend were actively engaged in smack talk the first three quarters of the game. IMO, he was represented no one but himself.

Last edited by StarStruck; 12-16-2008 at 01:28 AM.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2008   #48
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=StarStruck;1077769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post

Times haven't really changed for most. It just appears that the one fan that comes off as obnoxious gets publicity as though as though he/she was the entire fan base.

I had an unpleasant experience with a Titan fan on yesterday because after finishing his beer, instead of placing the bottle upright underneath his seat, he turned it over on an empty tray underneath my seat. Needless to say, the bottle wasn't empty nor the next one that he put down. When I looked down there was beer underneath my purse, on my pants hem and a colossal mess in my seating area. While trying to use tissue to absorb some of the mess, I missed the field goal that Brown missed, and when I turned around I couldn't believe what happened. I certainly didn't do or say anything to provoke the behavior, and never turned around when he and his friend were actively engaged in smack talk the first three quarters of the game. IMO, he was represented no one but himself.

I agree.

I am not too much of a men's private part to opposing fans that sit beside me. I just kind of ignore them and provide a little small talk mixed with some smack.

If they get out of line however, they get an accidental elbow the next time we make a huge play or especially on a field goal. Nobody comes into our endzone and get out of line.

BTW, the Saints fans were the worst.

Right, TexanBill???
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Shaft75;1078111]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post

I agree.

I am not too much of a men's private part to opposing fans that sit beside me. I just kind of ignore them and provide a little small talk mixed with some smack.

If they get out of line however, they get an accidental elbow the next time we make a huge play or especially on a field goal. Nobody comes into our endzone and get out of line.

BTW, the Saints fans were the worst.

Right, TexanBill???
Shaft = Likes to fight guy.

I hate 'em all, but yes, Saint fan sucks too.
Old 12-16-2008   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I hope you threw up in a trash can typing that last line. What are you sporting an Elway jersey now too?
heh, even my 6 yo son knows there is one time that it's o.k. to root for the Dallas Cowboys...

...when they play the Titans!!

I don't know what Elway has to do with it, though. That was kinda' left field there, Skippy.

I see that sarcasm comprehension is still something that is a work in progress for you...

As far as the Steelers are concerned; Do you honestly think that two AFC Championship losses three decades ago is somehow more relevant today than your slimeball owner destroying the legacy of the Houston Oilers? You can gasp for air all you want as you try to choke down "it's the same franchise", but you know as well as we do that the Titans are celebrating a 10 year anniversary, so they don't even embrace the Oilers past unless it can make the fat slug some money.

I'd venture a guess that your attitude originates from the realization that last Sunday was a sign of things to come. At some point, your no. 1 pick will inherit his kingdom...after all, Slug Adams makes some of your franchise's football decisions, and in his own words...

Quote:
Titans owner Bud Adams told the Tennessean that he's in no way disappointed with quarterback Vince Young's progress, even though Young has appeared in only two games this season. Adams said he has no intention of releasing Young before his contract expires after the 2011 season.

Source
Old 12-19-2008   #51
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Screw the Oilers/Titans...
These 2 don't go together..........

loved the Oilers, hate the Titans.
Old 12-19-2008   #52
Ckw

Quote:
Nice win ... AJ was unstoppable and we could not break your D.

Congrats.
It's too bad your players can't be as gracious. Oh well, are the more motivation for dominating you guys next season.
Old 12-19-2008   #53
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
It's too bad your players can't be as gracious. Oh well, are the more motivation for dominating you guys next season.
Don't give Arrow any consideration for being gracious. Captain Rainbow has more faces than Jim Carrey.
Old 12-19-2008   #54
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Don't give Arrow any consideration for being gracious. Captain Rainbow has more faces than Jim Carrey.
Blah blah blah ... you act like I should be a Texans fans now because you put up 13 on us.

I'll make this easy on you William ...

You won

I said congrats and you played a good game.

Nothing more nothing less. I am not going to talk shit about your team all week then get beat and hide on another board. Not my style.

BTW the rainbow things was very clever .... you cow humping red neck. See how easy it is to just make blatant stereo types based on the state one lives in?

It does not change the fact that your team is only 7 years old and really has no past to look at and it does not give you a winning season or even a winning record in division. At the end of the day it was a meaningless win. Texans gain nothing but some respect and the Titans lose nothing.

Old 12-19-2008   #55
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Blah blah blah ... you act like I should be a Texans fans now because you put up 13 on us.

You won

Nothing more nothing less. I am not going to talk shit about your team all week then get beat and hide on another board. Not my style.

BTW the rainbow things was very clever .... you cow humping red neck. See how easy it is to just make blatant stereo types based on the state one lives in?

It does not change the fact that your team is only 7 years old and really has no past to look at and it does not give you a winning season or even a winning record in division. At the end of the day it was a meaningless win. Texans gain nothing but some respect and the Titans lose nothing.

I wasn't referring to the congrats here, I was referring to your two faced post on gotitans.com which I posted here for everyone to see.
Old 12-19-2008   #56
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At the end of the day it was a meaningless win. Texans gain nothing but some respect and the Titans lose nothing.
Perhaps it was meaningless to you as an individual, but it made a great statement for this franchise. The first time to win four in a row. Beating a 12-1 divisional rival after starting the season 0-4 and surviving Ike. The Titans wanted to win this game. They wanted to tie up homefield advantage before facing the Steelers and Colts. But they lost...to the Texans.

And it showed our young team that the Titans are not invincible. Y'all can be beat, and that game was a sign of things to come.

The Titans lost some pride, and they certainly lost momentum. Y'all have lost 2 out of the last four. You got beat by a team that you have owned for years. We exposed your weaknesses to the rest of the league. Shut down your running game and make Collins try to beat you with his inconsistent arm.

You also lost Haynesworth for the last two games, one of which you need to win to clench homefield throughout the playoffs. No telling what shape he will be in for week two of the playoffs. It will be a month since he's played by that point. Your line with out Al is not the same. Still talented, of course, but it's just not the same.

You can keep saying that you lost nothing, but you know as well as I do that football is a game of momentum and emotions. You lose to the Steelers this week and I can see your team start to circle the drain. Losing 3 out of the last 5 would indicate that the Tits peaked too early, and regaining that momentum in the playoffs is an uphill battle.
Old 12-19-2008   #57
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Re: Good Job ...

Quote:

You won

Actually it is called Cow Tipping but maybe in your tinker bell area they do it differently.

Titans lose nothing? Except respect, with the sissy ass comments after the game and oh and very possibly homefield advantage through out the playoffs.
Old 12-19-2008   #58
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

who cares what a tacks fan thinks about our team...
Old 12-19-2008   #59
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I wasn't referring to the congrats here, I was referring to your two faced post on gotitans.com which I posted here for everyone to see.
Lets break that one down too since you seem so butt hurt over it.

So the thread is started by hpfDave (Dave Sabo dave@houstonprofootball.com). For his first post on our board he comes on AFTER the game and post this gem:

Quote:
OH-ver RAY-ted!!!!

clap clap clapclap

OH-ver RAY-ted!!!!

clap clap clapclap
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=44157

I'll take the time to actually link to the thread since you forgot that one.

My response:

Quote:
Your first post is this? Go troll some where else. If you were man enough to show up prior to the game maybe I would have respect for you. Instead you come on our board climbing out from your banky to spew this?
You decide to chime in:

Quote:
Titans fans (with a couple of exceptions) remind me of Cowboys fans... Living in the past.
Which I responded with:

Quote:
At least we have a past to look at. Texans fan look to the past and just get a bitter taste in their mouths. Then ***** and moan about how they were robbed of their team and in the same breath bring up events like the Bills playoff loss. Until the Texans make the playoffs they will just be another lost cow looking to get back to the herd.
You comment on us living in the past; I point out you have none. I see nothing two faced at all about that. It is the truth. Every sentence in my response is accurate and on point of where the Texans franchise and a large portion of the fan base is. Still not over a team that left 10 years ago, still not a playoff team, still not a division winner. Its time to move on and think about the future of YOUR franchise not one that is 10 years out. If the Titans/Oilers are such a losing organization with nothing of quality why do you care? If someone stole your Pinto would you still be bitching and moaning about it 10 years later?

Old 12-19-2008   #60
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Perhaps it was meaningless to you as an individual, but it made a great statement for this franchise. The first time to win four in a row. Beating a 12-1 divisional rival after starting the season 0-4 and surviving Ike. The Titans wanted to win this game. They wanted to tie up homefield advantage before facing the Steelers and Colts. But they lost...to the Texans.

And it showed our young team that the Titans are not invincible. Y'all can be beat, and that game was a sign of things to come.

The Titans lost some pride, and they certainly lost momentum. Y'all have lost 2 out of the last four. You got beat by a team that you have owned for years. We exposed your weaknesses to the rest of the league. Shut down your running game and make Collins try to beat you with his inconsistent arm.

You also lost Haynesworth for the last two games, one of which you need to win to clench homefield throughout the playoffs. No telling what shape he will be in for week two of the playoffs. It will be a month since he's played by that point. Your line with out Al is not the same. Still talented, of course, but it's just not the same.

You can keep saying that you lost nothing, but you know as well as I do that football is a game of momentum and emotions. You lose to the Steelers this week and I can see your team start to circle the drain. Losing 3 out of the last 5 would indicate that the Tits peaked too early, and regaining that momentum in the playoffs is an uphill battle.
And I can't wait for your last paragraph to happen. Hope it all goes downhill for the Titans.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read