Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2008   #1
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I love you guys and good luck to your team today!

The big day is finally here. The Tennessee Titans visit the red hot Texans in Houston. I just got a big 1080 lcd hdtv week before last. I'm all set for my first away game in HD. I couldn't ask for a better opponent. I love this match-up.

So, are the Texans going to build upon that win streak?
Are they going to finish above .500 ?
Slaton is the only player to have more than 100 yards rushing against the Titans this season. Will he do it again?
On Sept. 21, Tennessee intercepted Schaub three times with cornerback Cortland Finnegan getting a pick and safety Michael Griffin grabbing two. Can Schaub avoid the costly turnovers?
Are you aware that KVB is out? Do you have any idea who his replacement is in the rotation? Ball might surprise you.
What's the deal with the Texans run defense?
It's ranked 24th. Does that concern you as Tennessee has a run first mentality on offense?
Old 12-14-2008   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I love you guys and good luck to your team today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
The big day is finally here. The Tennessee Titans visit the red hot Texans in Houston. I just got a big 1080 lcd hdtv week before last. I'm all set for my first away game in HD. I couldn't ask for a better opponent. I love this match-up.

So, are the Texans going to build upon that win streak? YES, hopefully
Are they going to finish above .500 ? YES, hopefully
Slaton is the only player to have more than 100 yards rushing against the Titans this season. Will he do it again? I think he can, the OL is gelin' and the run game looks good
On Sept. 21, Tennessee intercepted Schaub three times with cornerback Cortland Finnegan getting a pick and safety Michael Griffin grabbing two. Can Schaub avoid the costly turnovers? YES, he is making better decision with the ball and not just throwing it up for grabs while be knocked backwards a la the Finnegan pick 6.
Are you aware that KVB is out? Do you have any idea who his replacement is in the rotation? Ball might surprise you. Yeah, we know he is out and we know the backups are very productive
What's the deal with the Texans run defense?
It's ranked 24th. Does that concern you as Tennessee has a run first mentality on offense? It's a little worrysome but the D has been playing much better the last few games, I think they are better than 24th right now, since they were worse earlier in the season the average right now is 24th.
My answers in bold.

This is a big day, I can't wait, enjoy the game on your new TV, I don't know if I can muster a good luck for the titans, but I certainly hope for a clean, hard fought game and no injuries........and a Texans W too ofcourse
Old 12-14-2008   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Great post. At worst, this should be competitive.
Old 12-14-2008   #4
Bipolar The Titan

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

a big reason that this game is a big and special for Texans fans is that it's the Titans. I just love that level of intense animosity. It's great. This is the AFC South. It's our division and this is a full blown rivalry that will be legendary in as little as twenty years.

So what about the points? I like the OVER, whatever it is!

We're going to see a lot of scoring.
Old 12-14-2008   #5
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking forward to the game, wish we had something more to play for than pride and a winning record but I'll take what I can get. On a side note, I made the trip out to TN for the first game this year and had a blast. The fans there were by far the friendliest I've met on the road and I think I might make it an annual trip. Go Texans!!!
Old 12-14-2008   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Slaton will devour your soul
Old 12-14-2008   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I don't think Slaton's a soul-sucker...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2008   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I don't think Slaton's a soul-sucker...
I think a 150 yard 2 TD game against that Tack defense is enough to cause soul implosion.
Old 12-14-2008   #9
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
lol
Old 12-14-2008   #10
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think a 150 yard 2 TD game against that Tack defense is enough to cause soul implosion.
Well, maybe implosion, but not sucking...
Old 12-14-2008   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Well, maybe implosion, but not sucking...
You said "suck", not me.... big difference there. "Slaton" and "suck" do not belong in the same sentence.
Old 12-14-2008   #12
Bipolar The Titan

not even in the same paragraph. not even on the same page!
Old 12-14-2008   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
not even in the same paragraph. not even on the same page!
There ya go! Props to one of our resident Tacks for seeing the awesomeness which is Slaton.

Old 12-14-2008   #14
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope cant do it not today.....I would like to say I am a bigger man...but not today not 45 mins before the game. I am sure your a nice guy and everything..but you can bite my Battle Red Boxers....THE TITANS SUCK BUD ADAMS SUCKS..ARRRRRRRGH CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE TEXANS OF HOUSTON.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Nope cant do it not today.....I would like to say I am a bigger man...but not today not 45 mins before the game. I am sure your a nice guy and everything..but you can bite my Battle Red Boxers....THE TITANS SUCK BUD ADAMS SUCKS..ARRRRRRRGH CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE TEXANS OF HOUSTON.
Somebody been hittin' the Battle Red Kool-aid a bit heavy... not that that's a bad thing...
Old 12-14-2008   #16
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Somebody been hittin' the Battle Red Kool-aid a bit heavy... not that that's a bad thing...
Yep, not a bad thing at all. I think you need to take a swig or two. Come on man!
Old 12-14-2008   #17
Bipolar The Titan

Old 12-14-2008   #18
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yep, not a bad thing at all. I think you need to take a swig or two. Come on man!
I would, but you drank it all... *goes to make some more*
Old 12-14-2008   #19
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
I would, but you drank it all... *goes to make some more*
Damn right I drank it all!

Old 12-14-2008   #20
Bipolar The Titan

Congratulations! I can't believe the Titans were as flat as they were. Johnson was a complete beast. Your team looks as if they have turned the corner. Hopefully this loss serves the Titans well I hope. A terrific game was played by the Houston team. Enjoy getting the Titans monkey off your back!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read