Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2005   #21
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure I just heard Mark Berman say that the Texans denied permission to the Dolphins to talk to Pendry.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #22
redlion
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I'm pretty sure I just heard Mark Berman say that the Texans denied permission to the Dolphins to talk to Pendry.
\

it's true.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...sfront/2981618
redlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #23
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I thought I saw somewhere, possibly this past week's Chonic, that Miami was also looking at our D-line coach...

*edit* there ya go, it's in the link above.
Quote:
The Texans might have to cross this bridge again in the near future. Saban also is interested in defensive line coach Todd Grantham, who was assistant head coach/defensive line under Saban at the Michigan State from 1996-98. Grantham is believed to be a leading candidate for the Dolphins' defensive coordinator position
Interesting they made Pendry off limits...
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #24
TexaninKorea
Rookie

Default Denied request to go?

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2981618

Why wouldn't we let the OL coach go? I see no reason to keep him on, especially after this season.
TexaninKorea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #25
TexansCanes
All Pro

probably want him to stay so he can finish teaching the zone blocking scheme.
Old 01-07-2005   #26
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

Wow ain't that somethin? Not only does Sabin want our OLine coach, but our DLine coach........to be coordinators? Maybe this coaching staff has a lot more "talent" then I thought, or maybe Saban is just plain crazy. Its funny because those coaches work in the areas that are our most pressing offseason concerns. Maybe we should shut up about all of the "FIRE THE COACHING STAFF" and just get some better players and let them do their work.
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #27
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 14 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

All the "geniuses" that want Palmer fired should be extremely happy (I would have said ecstatic, but they wouldn't have understood that word) that Capers isn't allowing Pendry to leave. Why? Because Pendry has a lot more NFL experience as an offensive coordinator than as an offensive line coach, including a stint as Capers' offensive coordinator at Carolina. It could very well be that Capers is keeping Pendry around because he wants him to be the next offensive coordinator and that Palmer may be on a very short leash next year.

However, under the "Be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it" category:
Pendry's experience as an offensive coordinator has been under defensive-minded head coaches and is hardly the wide open style so many Houston fans have been whining and crying for. Pendry has been an offensive coordinator for Wade Phillips at Buffalo (1998-2000), Dom Capers at Carolina (1995-1997), and Marty Schottenheimer at Kansas City (1989-1992).
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read