Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2008   #1
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Some love for Kevin Walter

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...ecember-dreams

Some Pro Bowl love for Kevin Walter. The little-known second receiver on the Houston Texans is tied for the AFC lead in receiving touchdowns (8), seventh in yards per reception (15.5) and eighth in receiving yards (851). If I was asked to predict the four AFC Pro Bowl receivers before the season began, I would have suggested Randy Moss, Braylon Edwards, Reggie Wayne and Chad Johnson. My picks 13 weeks through the 2008 campaign? Walter, his superhuman teammate Andre Johnson, Denver's Brandon Marshall, and New England's Wes Welker.

I think KW's performance last week has opened some eyes, but I doubt he'll every get any recognition until this team posts a winning season.
Old 12-12-2008   #2
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89811 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some love for Kevin Walter

walter, daniels, and kris brown arent getting the credit due and the coach/player vote needs to fix this.

leach not being a runaway at fullback is just plain criminal.
Old 12-12-2008   #3
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
walter, daniels, and kris brown arent getting the credit due and the coach/player vote needs to fix this.

leach not being a runaway at fullback is just plain criminal.
I wholeheartedly agree with you on Kris Brown.
Old 12-12-2008   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

From the same article the OP quoted:

Quote:
Kubiak, meanwhile, should be officially removed from anything even resembling a hot seat down in Houston. Winners of three straight games, the Texans are playing some great football.
Quote:
Tennessee at Houston, 1 p.m.
Winners of three straight and 4-2 at home, the Texans are playing very good football these days. I've already made the case for Kevin Walter and Andre Johnson above, but I'm going to throw Steve Slaton's name into the mix too. If he's not at least considered for the Pro Bowl this season, something's wrong with the process. And, oh yeah, this one's your weekly upset special. I'm taking the Texans. What's new? The Pick: Houston 34, Tennessee 30
Perhaps the Texans are starting to get a bit of respect. It's nice to see, and hopefully we will live up to it. It would sure be nice if we could pull the rug out from under the Titans this Sunday.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I have eaten my crow already last season on Walters. I was one who was not impressed with Kubes getting this guy. Good to be wrong in this matter.
Old 12-12-2008   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Some love for Kevin Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Perhaps the Texans are starting to get a bit of respect. It's nice to see, and hopefully we will live up to it. It would sure be nice if we could pull the rug out from under the Titans this Sunday.

I hope not. Last time we got national media respect (I loved every second of it) was just after our first 3 game winning streak.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008   #7
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I hope not. Last time we got national media respect (I loved every second of it) was just after our first 3 game winning streak.
I too have come to figure out that when we do get the national attention that we want we usually tank right afterword, but if we really expect this team to move in the right direction than we need to win the games we are supposed to (which we have been), win in prime time (check) and live up to our talent and expectations (fingers crossed).
Old 12-12-2008   #8
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I have eaten my crow already last season on Walters. I was one who was not impressed with Kubes getting this guy. Good to be wrong in this matter.
Are we still calling him walterS? I guess until we figure his name out we can't expect those outside of Houston to.
Old 12-12-2008   #9
Dayad
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dayad was voted MVPDayad was voted MVPDayad was voted MVP

A win against the Titans will go a long way in getting league wide respect. Both as a team and for individuals. Unfortuneately, everybody just wants to remember the Texans for the blown Colts game.

I know they are better than that but we need quality wins. The Green Bay game helped but the Titans game will be HUGE.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2008   #10
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been impressed with Walter for the last half of this season. I would wear his name and number on a jersey or T-shirt if I could find one. I like his attitude and his agressive style. This guy is a perfect compliment to A.J.
Old 12-13-2008   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat View Post
I have been impressed with Walter for the last half of this season. I would wear his name and number on a jersey or T-shirt if I could find one. I like his attitude and his agressive style. This guy is a perfect compliment to A.J.
You know, you can go to the NFL Shop and order jersey's based off the roster, right?

I mean, I've got #73 Winston and my wife has #76 Brown in Battle Red (although I had to get her jersey in the Youth sizes because they didn't have Womens' that I could find.) You can even put whatever name you want on the back of the jersey; I got a #55 Pencil Neck jersey that way.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You know, you can go to the NFL Shop and order jersey's based off the roster, right?

I mean, I've got #73 Winston and my wife has #76 Brown in Battle Red (although I had to get her jersey in the Youth sizes because they didn't have Womens' that I could find.) You can even put whatever name you want on the back of the jersey; I got a #55 Pencil Neck jersey that way.
Thats how I got my #69 Quityabishin jersey. Its still turning heads
Old 12-13-2008   #13
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Cool. Thanks for the info. That's why I like this place. Texans helping Texans.
Old 12-14-2008   #14
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Hes certainly got his work cut out for him to reach 1000 yards but I'm not holding it against him if he falls short. Maybe he explodes on Oakland though, he has been on one week and off the next for the last few games.
Old 12-15-2008   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What would it say about our offense if we posted a two 1000 yd receivers and a 1000 yd back?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read