Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-11-2008   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default After watching the Bears tonight

I don't see how we can lose to these guys. Yes we are the Texans, and yes when it comes to losing, we are quite capable, but holy shit. These guys blow 4th quarter leads like they are teaching classes on the subject.
Old 12-11-2008   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: After watching the Bears tonight

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if we turn the ball over 3+ times (again), we'll lose.
Old 12-11-2008   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It all comes down to a battle of Slaton and Forte. If we stop Forte, we stop the Bears. If they stop Slaton, we'll have a hard time winning.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
It all comes down to a battle of Slaton and Forte. If we stop Forte, we stop the Bears. If they stop Slaton, we'll have a hard time winning.
If the Bears stop Slaton we still have Walter, Daniels, and AJ3000.

If we stop Forte the Bears have. . . uh. . . Devin Hester?
Old 12-11-2008   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'm so glad Reggie Bush could find a way to score me FOUR forkin' points in my FF league tonight.
Old 12-11-2008   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'm so glad Reggie Bush could find a way to score me FOUR forkin' points in my FF league tonight.
I guess your team doesn't award points for running out of bounds to avoid contact.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Not as bad as me benching colston in favor of moore
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2008   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I guess your team doesn't award points for running out of bounds to avoid contact.
You didn't snag Thomas? You gotta do these things. I went into sneak-mode and snagged Slaton and almost all of my leagues. You can be jealous if you want, I don't mind.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008   #9
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I don't see how we can lose to these guys. Yes we are the Texans, and yes when it comes to losing, we are quite capable, but holy shit. These guys blow 4th quarter leads like they are teaching classes on the subject.
I think thats a bit of an stretch! They held the top produciton QB Drew Brees in check throughout the game. Sure he ended the night with two td's but he also had two int's and the swing pass to Thomas was nothing special. However the pass to Colston was! Their defense is fast and aggresive and their special are dangerous as hell. Although there Offense is usually inept their D puts them in positions that they dont need to be good.

I think the Texans can and will beat them but keep in mind the other aggresive defenses we have faced Pitt and Baltimore kicked our A$$ and TN forcec Schaub into his worst game of the season.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008   #10
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
If the Bears stop Slaton we still have Walter, Daniels, and AJ3000.

If we stop Forte the Bears have. . . uh. . . Devin Hester?
Devin Hester got them two TD's tonight with his speed! He out ran double coverage and drew an Interference call TWICE setting up scores. His speed is dangerous and his hands and route running are improving.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
Devin Hester got them two TD's tonight with his speed! He out ran double coverage and drew an Interference call TWICE setting up scores. His speed is dangerous and his hands and route running are improving.
he definitely did, but i've got my money on wilson. also if we've figured out to keep reeves on the defensive left and slide bennett to slot i'm not overly concerned about speed. robinson's already fast, but he's got a closing gear that noone else compares to, and both bennett and reeves can sprint with anyone.

harrison and whoever we sub is where this game is going to be trouble. it'll also get messy (again) if we continue to move reeves to our defensive right side. if we can keep reeves and wilson left, and aggressively run blitz, this is a game we should win.
Old 12-12-2008   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so he had a pretty good night by his standards
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I dunno, but doubt that little Reggie will ever be misaken for Earl Campbell ?
He was pretty good playin touch-football with the juco type competition he faced in the Pac-10 but the NFL has been a whole different world for him.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read