Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2008   #1
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario wins fan voting for the Pro Bowl

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/...-Pro-Bowl.html

Final fan voting for Pro Bowl

DEFENSIVE END (3): 1) Mario Williams; 2) Dwight Freeney; 3) Kyle Vanden Bosch; 4) Jevon Kearse; 5) Aaron Smith.

Justice served !! And Congrats to AJ as well !! NFL players and coaches will cast their votes on Dec. 11-12. So lets hope their peers don't screw them out of Hawaii
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario in the Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post

DEFENSIVE END (3): 1) Mario Williams; 2) Dwight Freeney; 3) Kyle Vanden Bosch; 4) Jevon Kearse; 5) Aaron Smith.

Justice served !!
HELL YEAH! Thanks, hobie.

Congrats to Mario Williams. If you read the boards, "GOOD JOB, BIG FELLA!"
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #3
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to Mario!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #4
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Congrats to Mario!
Boggles my mind how AJ's behind Randy Moss. I can MAYBE understand Brandon Marshall...but have either of them REALLY outperformed AJ this year?
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #5
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel bad for Kris Brown and Leach; they were both very deserving. Congrats to Mario and AJ nonetheless.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #7
superdave532
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 superdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVP

Quote:

Justice served !! And Congrats to AJ as well !! NFL players and coaches will cast their votes on Dec. 11-12. So lets hope their peers don't screw them out of Hawaii
What does that say for Brown's learning curve that 4 of the top 5 DE's are in our division, and he gets to practice against one every day?

Hope this is enough to make everyone give him a little bit of slack
superdave532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2008   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Boggles my mind how AJ's behind Randy Moss. I can MAYBE understand Brandon Marshall...but have either of them REALLY outperformed AJ this year?
No.

Andre Johnson HOU WR 92 1,201 5
Brandon Marshall DEN WR 83 1,033 6
Randy Moss NE WR 61 841 8
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #9
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

My guess is the players and coaches will solidify AJ as the 3rd pick, if not move him higher, since they have 2/3 of the votes. His peers know how great he is, and with them, I think its more of a respect thing than a popularity thing.
Old 12-11-2008   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave532 View Post
What does that say for Brown's learning curve that 4 of the top 5 DE's are in our division, and he gets to practice against one every day?

Hope this is enough to make everyone give him a little bit of slack
Right on! Congrats to Mario and AJ!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My guess is the players and coaches will solidify AJ as the 3rd pick, if not move him higher, since they have 2/3 of the votes. His peers know how great he is, and with them, I think its more of a respect thing than a popularity thing.
You mean TO won't get the respect?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #12
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I can't help back to Mario's first season and all of the threads that proclaimed that the Mario pick would be a bust if he was not selected to the Pro-Bowl.

We all knew half way through last season that Mario was special. He got shafted last year - and really solidified himself this year as one of the league's best.

Congrats Mario. Congrats Texas front office. Congrats to all of the fans who defended the pick when it wasn't a popular choice.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate this kind of voting! BUT, my congrats to Mario and AJ. KB got screwed, and that ticks me off. Best kicker in the league IMHO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Fan voting sucks. Bob Sanders is on the list with 5 games played on the season. Frankly, I think this should be like the "close doors" button on elevators. Its there to make the hamsters feel good but it isn't hooked up to anything.
Old 12-11-2008   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I feel bad for Kris Brown and Leach; they were both very deserving. Congrats to Mario and AJ nonetheless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I hate this kind of voting! BUT, my congrats to Mario and AJ. KB got screwed, and that ticks me off. Best kicker in the league IMHO!!
That is why in the NFL, unlike baseball, peers and coaches have 2/3 of the vote. Those are the guys who make sure guys like Leach go to Hawaii.
Old 12-11-2008   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Fan voting sucks. Bob Sanders is on the list with 5 games played on the season. Frankly, I think this should be like the "close doors" button on elevators. Its there to make the hamsters feel good but it isn't hooked up to anything.
That button has saved me from riding with some questionably smelling individuals at least once!
Old 12-11-2008   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
That button has saved me from riding with some questionably smelling individuals at least once!
Other than hospitals, it isn't hooked up in 99% of buildings. It's the placebo button.
Old 12-11-2008   #18
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Fan voting sucks. LT has done squat this year. Slaton is having a much better year than him.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #19
hobie
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Exactly !!
Old 12-11-2008   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

There are some questionable folks going to the pro bowl, that's for sure. In any case, congrats to Mario and AJ. Glad to see AJ going again, and Mario finally getting his due.

that is if they make it past the final vote counting. I'm pretty sure they will.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read