Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2008   #1
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I hate the Titans

I tend to think I am a nice guy. I go to church work hard. I vote. Help the old lady across the street. I think I am a good guy. However when it comes to football and to a lesser extent basketball ( 4 rings you cant stay pissed) I have animosity towards certain teams. (Cowboys Jags etc) However, when It comes to the Tennesee Titans, I generally hate them. The team and their fans make my blood boil. I see red (BattleRed) and loose perspective that this is just a game.

I think it may because of Bud Adams stealing my childhood team or my memories seeing the Oilers in the Astrodome with my Dad (who raised me by himself) bring back good memories. Maybe I hate them because, now those memories are tarnished and and have moved to Tennesee. I remember seeing Warren Moon and Haywood Jefferies and Bruce Matthews and Chris Dishman and Sean Jones... Ernest Givens. They were my role models..guys I looked up to. Yet their names hang in that bastard of a owner's stadium in a ring of honor that otherwise should have been the Astrodome. Celebrating 40 years....my freaking.....

It may be good that I stay here in SA...I am seriously tempted to come for this big game. It may not be a good idea for me to be in the same stadium with a team and fans of a team that i really hate. I dont hate as a general rule...but for some reason I hate the Titans. This is not smack or being rude to other fans. I just wondered If I was alone or anybody else felt this way and why?
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #2
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4282 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I hate the Titans

It's not so much the Titans that I hate, its that bastard Bud Adams!
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #3
ZX758
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post

+1....Nothing against the city, Jeff Fisher, or hell even VY
ZX758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #4
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He was good in Austin Powers though...

"Get in my belly!!" He was great!
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Jeff Fisher is the best coach in the league. Losing him was the real tragedy of losing the Oilers.

That said, I'm with the original post. I'm a pretty nice guy, I'm a pretty fair guy, and I can look at things objectively - except when it comes to the Titans. I just hate them with a fiery passion that I cannot explain.

Rep to the OP.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #6
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I tend to think I am a nice guy. I go to church work hard. I vote. Help the old lady across the street. I think I am a good guy. However when it comes to football and to a lesser extent basketball ( 4 rings you cant stay pissed) I have animosity towards certain teams. (Cowboys Jags etc) However, when It comes to the Tennesee Titans, I generally hate them. The team and their fans make my blood boil. I see red (BattleRed) and loose perspective that this is just a game.

I think it may because of Bud Adams stealing my childhood team or my memories seeing the Oilers in the Astrodome with my Dad (who raised me by himself) bring back good memories. Maybe I hate them because, now those memories are tarnished and and have moved to Tennesee. I remember seeing Warren Moon and Haywood Jefferies and Bruce Matthews and Chris Dishman and Sean Jones... Ernest Givens. They were my role models..guys I looked up to. Yet their names hang in that bastard of a owner's stadium in a ring of honor that otherwise should have been the Astrodome. Celebrating 40 years....my freaking.....

It may be good that I stay here in SA...I am seriously tempted to come for this big game. It may not be a good idea for me to be in the same stadium with a team and fans of a team that i really hate. I dont hate as a general rule...but for some reason I hate the Titans. This is not smack or being rude to other fans. I just wondered If I was alone or anybody else felt this way and why?

Add the Titans trolls and VY fan boys and that pretty much sums it up.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm an easy going easy to get along with type of guy as well. I too hate the Titans. Its a strong hate. Its Dallas Cowboys, Utah Jazz, John Stockton, Karl Malone, type hate...........

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2008   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Until the Texans are good enough to be in the AFC championship game and lose to a division foe like the Oilers did with Pittsburg, I'll still reserve my deepest hatred for the Cowpatties. The Dolts, Tits, and Jacks will have to wait until we improve as a team before I really begin to hate them with the level of vehemence I have for the Cowturds.

I absolutely hate the Cowstains with a passion not leveled at other teams as yet.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
I'm an easy going easy to get along with type of guy as well. I too hate the Titans. Its a strong hate. Its Dallas Cowboys, Utah Jazz, John Stockton, Karl Malone, type hate...........
Don't forget to throw some Phoenix Suns and Seattle Supersonics in there.

I don't hate the Cowboys too much because, quite frankly, they aren't in the AFC and not in our division. When we play them? Oh yeah, there is a boiling point that's reached on gameday.

But I rank the Jags, Colts, and Titans all equally. Too hard to sort out which one I dislike the most: The Colts and their unrelenting hell hound of a QB who won't stop throwing for TDs even with a 35-10 lead with 1 minute left in the game (then LAYING DOWN for the Titans last year) ; the Jags and their smarmy unsavory head coach whose players are one traffic ticket away from going away to the big house for good; or the Titans whose owner skipped town and locked the Oilers out of our lives forever.

I mean, that's a tough bunch to choose from if you ask me.

Beating down the Jags just feels too dadgum good. I mean, it was downright tasty what happened on MNF in front of the whole football nation. I rank the Jags as my probable #1 most-hated rival.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans rank the highest on my list of Hated Teams, as Bud took away our city's NFL history.

He is a sorry sack of shit and I look forward to this game more than any other each season.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99071 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post

Believe me you are not alone. However I have to admit that I have mellowed a bit over the last couple of years. I had a lot of what I will call unhealthy emotions over the Titans. I can relate to how you feel about having your childhood team stolen. Actually to me it was more like identity theft. Everyone knew me as an Oilers fan, especially when I lived out of state. Now they have to ask who I root for these days (if I haven't seen someone in a long time).

Heck now even I am confused. I was always a diehard Oilers fan first because I grew up with them. No one even came close for me. Sure, I had other teams I liked. When I was a kid I really liked the Bucs. I even had a Doug Williams jersey because I loved the logo and the orange uniform. However until recently I had never even been to Florida. Now the Bucs don't even sport that uniform anymore.

When I lived in NY the Giants grew on me (I have a lot of good memories from up there now too) and were fun to support because of the mutual hatred for the Cowboys, however even when I lived there the Oilers were still my team.

Then the Oilers left and I totally soured on the sport altogether. I honestly didn't care for a few seasons.

Now with the Texans I admittedly follow both them and the Giants. I was hoping the Texans would replace the Oilers for me however I don't think that has happened yet. I don't know if it ever will because I didn't grow up with them. I think something is to be said about "growing up" with a team.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #12
RMB_Titan
Rookie

Bud is the one responsible for the move, yet all of you hate all of us for that?
That's some razor sharp reasoning/logic there.

Quote:
Add the Titans trolls and VY fan boys and that pretty much sums it up.
You guys can keep the VY fanbois. Between them and the VY haters on our boards, it just gets ugly on a daily basis.
RMB_Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #13
Titansfan3801
Rookie

I can understand some bitterness. You lost your franchise, it's a big deal. Now you have to watch play your new team twice a year. Not to mention the fact that your old team is doing better than your new team in Houston.

I'm not trying to talk smack, just to agree that you have legitimate reasons to hate us. However, don't expect to be hated until you're the ones doing the beating on, rather than taking the beatings.

Good luck to you this weekend, should be a good game!
Titansfan3801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I HATE the tits also, with a passion. Probally what got be hating them more than anything was when they started celebrating with VY in reliant when they won. I was too crushed to even be angry at the exact moment, I was more numb. Too see everyone yelling and screaming for the titans made me sick, especially for Buds team! I also hate the braves a lot from the Astros playoff years when we played them.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Totally different thing. How can you be a Texans fan and not hate a team that's basically owned your team? I'm so tired of seeing the Texans come up short against these guys that I can't stand it. I didn't feel this way for the first few years but now I hate the Titans more than any team I can think of and Bud has nothing to do with it. I hate Bud for taking the Oilers away. I hate the Titans because I'm sick of losing to them and ready to see my team stand up and take some friggin vengance.
Old 12-11-2008   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the Titans. They've always been a class organization with a class owner. They are one of the beacon franchises in the NFL by which other organizations can only aspire to.......
Old 12-11-2008   #17
RMB_Titan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I HATE the tits also, with a passion. Probally what got be hating them more than anything was when they started celebrating with VY in reliant when they won. I was too crushed to even be angry at the exact moment, I was more numb. Too see everyone yelling and screaming for the titans made me sick, especially for Buds team! I also hate the braves a lot from the Astros playoff years when we played them.
VY pretty much did all that celebration on his own...as sort of payback to your FO for picking Mario instead of him.

If y'all are hatin' all of us because Bud moved the franchise, hate him. We had nothing to do with Bud deciding to bring his team here.

If you're hatin' on us because you can't seem to beat us, then hate on yourselves, and get your team to play better.
RMB_Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I like the Titans. They've always been a class organization with a class owner. They are one of the beacon franchises in the NFL by which other organizations can only aspire to.......

Me thinks me forgot something..
Old 12-11-2008   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan3801 View Post
Now you have to watch play your new team twice a year. Not to mention the fact that your old team is doing better than your new team in Houston.
sad part is they play the old team more than the new team

so yes you are right, I get to see the Texans twice a year on TV , rest is on streaming internet
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a slow burn for me.. when the oilers left, I still followed the tiny-ones because they had Bruce Mathew,Eddie George, Steve McNair .... and I kept an eye on them until 2002... 99 percent focused on the Texans then .

I only kept track of the Titans was because former Oiler players were on there.. they are gone.... so ..

Here is to a TEXAN stomping of the Titans
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read