Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default FS:Leach eyeing warmer climate

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...40813162&ATT=5

Quote:
Texans fullback Vonta Leach walked into the locker room last week, donning the sleeveless weight-lifting shirt each player is issued by the team. Typically, the shirt is plain white, but Leach added a twist to his.

Leach took a black marker and wrote across the front of his shirt: "Vote 4 Me, Pro Bowl '09."

While Leach made it clear he was looking forward to returning to Green Bay for today's game against his former team - temperatures in the teens notwithstanding - he also had his eyes on another destination: Hawaii.

"I kind of felt left out," Leach said. "I've just seen a lot of shirts going around, and I didn't see any with Leach's name on it, so I decided to make my own. I wanted to put it out there to vote for me. I am on (the ballot), so vote for Leach, Pro Bowl '09."

The Texans did make a number of shirts campaigning for different players on the roster. Wide receiver Andre Johnson spent much of the past two weeks wearing one urging votes for tight end Owen Daniels. Other shirts promote Johnson, Mario Williams, Chester Pitts, Jacoby Jones, Kris Brown and DeMeco Ryans.

With fan voting ending Dec. 9, Leach wanted to get into the mix, and there is good reason. He has made big contributions to an offense that ranks fifth in the NFL by helping clear the path for rookie Steve Slaton to rank among the NFL leaders in rushing.

"I walked into the weight room, and (Leach) said, ?Hey, Dre, look,'?" Johnson said. "I looked and just fell out laughing. He's not wrong. He's promoting himself. He's doing a good job with it."

While Leach might be a long shot to make the Pro Bowl, he can make his final case at Lambeau Field today.

Leach was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Packers in 2004 and released in September 2006.

Mainstay in Houston
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FS:Leach eyeing warmer climate

I'll save HOU-TEX the effort:

Vonta is a BEAST!!

Quote:
The Texans did make a number of shirts campaigning for different players on the roster. Wide receiver Andre Johnson spent much of the past two weeks wearing one urging votes for tight end Owen Daniels. Other shirts promote Johnson, Mario Williams, Chester Pitts, Jacoby Jones, Kris Brown and DeMeco Ryans.
I wound up with the Vote Jacoby shirt...
Old 12-10-2008   #3
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

I wound up with the Vote Jacoby shirt...
Did you accidentally drop it, or did you give it to your Mama?
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Did you jump up in the air to get it?
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Leach doesnt make the Pro Bowl, its even more of a joke than I thought. He is a great lead blocker. And one hell of a reciever...
Old 12-10-2008   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
If Leach doesnt make the Pro Bowl, its even more of a joke than I thought. He is a great lead blocker. And one hell of a reciever...
I will be really shocked if he does make the probowl. Fan voting has 5 FB's ahead of him and he doesn't get carries or catch passes (usually).
Old 12-10-2008   #7
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I've already voted for him.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2008   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I will be really shocked if he does make the probowl. Fan voting has 5 FB's ahead of him and he doesn't get carries or catch passes (usually).
Well, it depends on the players and coaches to vote him in. Everyone that's played us is gonna vote for him.

Also, I find it pretty humurous how Leach is depicted; reminds me of Bill from King of the Hill.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha!!

Both.... I dropped it on the way out of the stadium and then gave it to my Mama......................... to wash for me.
Old 12-10-2008   #10
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I've already voted for him.
alot of times
Old 12-10-2008   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Well, it depends on the players and coaches to vote him in. Everyone that's played us is gonna vote for him.
I don't know. To me with the ProBowl, and a position that is as subjective as FB, I think he needs to do a lot more in the eyes of people not affiliated with the Texans. It's obvious that anybody who puts up any sort of numbers in the passing or running game is going to have a bigtime edge over a fundamentally sound player like Leach. It's really a shame, but that's the way it is.
Old 12-10-2008   #12
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post

Also, I find it pretty humurous how Leach is depicted; reminds me of Bill from King of the Hill.
The Billdozer!!
Old 12-10-2008   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know. To me with the ProBowl, and a position that is as subjective as FB, I think he needs to do a lot more in the eyes of people not affiliated with the Texans. It's obvious that anybody who puts up any sort of numbers in the passing or running game is going to have a bigtime edge over a fundamentally sound player like Leach. It's really a shame, but that's the way it is.
I don't think the fans count too much in voting for FBs.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he makes it, I voted for him.

Even more though AJ better be starting!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Did you jump up in the air to get it?
Damn, that's harsh. Funny as hell, but harsh.
Old 12-10-2008   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All pro bowl positions are subjective. Guys make it that spend half the year on the sidelines, injured. With fan voting, it becomes a "name" game. I wouldn't be surprised if LT and Freeney were named a starters. Do they deserve it? Hell no, but they have the "name".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read