Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-22-2009   #501
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BlazingArrow, BipolarTheTitan, Bulluck53, etc. Where are you guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
You cant compare 7 years to 49 years.

Thats like saying a 7 year old should already have a house,car,and a job at the same level as the 49 year old.
Whatever the Oilers did with Moon in the 90's has absolutely zero impact on the Titans of today. It's coincidence. By your logic it stands to reason that the Texans will never be anything because the Oilers never were and the town of Houston is cursed. Doesn't that just sound half baked?
Old 01-22-2009   #502
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
Collins should return and Vince will likely ride pine and somehow be dealt year after next. Vince Young was a horrible mistake. Titans should have drafted Jay Cutler. Hell, the Titans should have drafted Antrel Rolle over Pacman Jones... terrible that the team gets two top 10 picks and flops like that.

I wish that there was a younger alternative to get as a FA. As a fan, I'd love to send a pair of 1st rounders and whatever else it would take to get Matt Cassell and Randy Moss but that ain't gonna happen... I really don't know what I want.. I'm pretty sure of what I'm going to get but I'm not thrilled at the prospect of Collins getting a new deal. Maybe Chris Simms will shock us all.
Why not keep Collins and make VY a receiver? I don't know if VY can catch but we all know he is dangerous in the open field. Honestly IMO that is the only way he is going to make it in the NFL. However I know due to his pride he would never admit he is not an NFL calibre QB and accept another postion.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #503
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whatever the Oilers did with Moon in the 90's has absolutely zero impact on the Titans of today. It's coincidence. By your logic it stands to reason that the Texans will never be anything because the Oilers never were and the town of Houston is cursed. Doesn't that just sound half baked?
However it was confirmed again a couple of weeks ago that it is not the town that is cursed, it is the franchise.
Old 01-22-2009   #504
Bipolar The Titan

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
However it was confirmed again a couple of weeks ago that it is not the town that is cursed, it is the franchise.
oh, and I guess that's evidenced by Houston's playoff appearance and subsequent post season win? I may believe in an occasional jinx or be careful what I brag about but sports curses are stupid and I don't believe in them.
Old 01-22-2009   #505
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Why not keep Collins and make VY a receiver? I don't know if VY can catch but we all know he is dangerous in the open field. Honestly IMO that is the only way he is going to make it in the NFL. However I know due to his pride he would never admit he is not an NFL calibre QB and accept another postion.
all I have to say is that you answered your own question.
Old 01-22-2009   #506
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: BlazingArrow, BipolarTheTitan, Bulluck53, etc. Where are you guys?

Quote:
oh, and I guess that's evidenced by Houston's playoff appearance and subsequent post season win? I may believe in an occasional jinx or be careful what I brag about but sports curses are stupid and I don't believe in them.
Maybe you should:

Old 01-22-2009   #507
Bipolar The Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Maybe you should:

I have one of those right here in my desk drawer. It's not like the Titans are the only team that had a conference championship ticket pre-printed. There can only be 1 conference champion. I'm sick of being a perpetual bridesmaid, don't get me wrong but I'm happy to at least be in the wedding party.
Old 01-22-2009   #508
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

For the record, I don't believe in said curse, I just like messing with you guys.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #509
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have one of those right here in my desk drawer. It's not like the Titans are the only team that had a conference championship ticket pre-printed. There can only be 1 conference champion. I'm sick of being a perpetual bridesmaid, don't get me wrong but I'm happy to at least be in the wedding party.
I would think all no. 1 seeds would pre-print both home games. That is standard protocol.

However, you are the only team that put a picture of that fat turd on your AFC Championship game ticket.

You don't have to believe in a curse for it to be real. The results speak for themselves at the end of the day.
Old 01-22-2009   #510
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

However, you are the only team that put a picture of that fat turd on your AFC Championship game ticket.
Why would other teams put "that fat turd" on their tickets???
Old 01-22-2009   #511
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

The curse was slain when the Titans made the Super Bowl. No Houston football team ever made it that far.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #512
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_Stadium

according to this article the stadium project was halted because a change in Vikings ownership. It appears that the new owner favors a downtown location as opposed to the Anoka County locale.
Red couldnt convince them to build a stadium there and he is a car salesman and deal stalled because he couldnt use SA as a barganing chip. Jerry made it clear to him that would not be an option. So without the revenue of a new stadium and leverage to have a new one built he sold the team. He bought the team to move it here, but was blocked another owner. The owners are a collusive bunch. Once a stadium is built in LA and they start offering money to owners to move...which one do you think is greedy enough to move?
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #513
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And Shaft, how can you apply that history repeats itself? That's like saying Houston will never make the playoffs... I don't believe that.
Wow, Bipolar...

Use your noggin. You are implying that the Texans organization has a lot of history. We have been in the league for 7 years now.

The Titans/Oilers are choke artists and THAT my friend is etched in stone. The Texans are still on a fairly clean slate.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #514
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
The curse was slain when the Titans made the Super Bowl. No Houston football team ever made it that far.

moved 1200 miles moved hundreds of people cost millions of dallars but couldnt get that last yard......that is either delicious irony or the curse still alive
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #515
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
moved 1200 miles moved hundreds of people cost millions of dallars but couldnt get that last yard......that is either delicious irony or the curse still alive
Someone has got to win and someone has got to lose. Are you really disrespecting that Rams team? They would put up 50 on any Texans D to date so I really so no reason why you would.

Old 01-22-2009   #516
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:

Man, you really don't understand the Bud Curse do you? The Bud Curse is all about fooling you into thinking your team is about to achieve something great and then crushing you in the end.

Falling one yard short (of tying not winning, many seem to conveniently forget that) in the last second was classic Bud Curse, actually it was the Bud Curse's finest moment. Your UP then you are way DOOOOWWWWN. The Curse can cause a fan to yell "YEAAAAHHHHHH!!! .... AHHHHHHHH HELL NOOOOO!! ... HOLY CRAP!!! ... *&#**@&#**@ !!!!".

If that were the Oilers in that Super Bowl and it ended like that I think I would have jumped out a window or at least had to be committed for a while. However instead I sat back, shockingly took it all in (thinking my gawd, I am SOOOO glad I am not a fan of that team anymore), and then busted up laughing.
Old 01-22-2009   #517
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Why, thank you for opening that door!

btw, this image was provided by google when you type "Titans Super Bowl" into the image search. There is a whole page of them, too, different sizes and angles, so...uhhh...yeah.

Quote:
Man, you really don't understand the Bud Curse do you? The Bud Curse is all about fooling you into thinking your team is about to achieve something great and then crushing you in the end.

Falling one yard short (of tying not winning, many seem to conveniently forget that) in the last second was classic Bud Curse, actually it was the Bud Curse's finest moment. Your UP then you are way DOOOOWWWWN. The Curse can cause a fan to yell "YEAAAAHHHHHH!!! .... AHHHHHHHH HELL NOOOOO!! ... HOLY CRAP!!! ... *&#**@&#**@ !!!!".

If that were the Oilers in that Super Bowl and it ended like that I think I would have jumped out a window or at least had to be committed for a while. However instead I sat back, shockingly took it all in (thinking my gawd, I am SOOOO glad I am not a fan of that team anymore), and then busted up laughing.
Exactly! Wasn't that the same year as the so-called "Music City miracle"? I remember Bruce Mathews getting all giddy that this incident somehow erased the comeback from hell. Yeah, riiiiiight, Bruce. Just give it a couple more weeks.

See, Titans fans though they had "FATE" in their corner that year. The Curse set them up, only to knock 'em down hard. Fate was definitely waiting in the wings for the Tits, and it wanted to make sure Slug could almost taste the Lombardi before it pulled the proverbial football out from his Charlie Brown fat ass.
Old 01-22-2009   #518
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Y'all forgot the broken remote controls. Flying shoes. Kicking dogs. Punching walls...

*feels blood boiling*
Old 01-22-2009   #519
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

You can turn your back on it but it still makes your stomach turn.

Old 01-22-2009   #520
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is how the Baltimore Ravens feel about the Titans, their fans and OWNER.

Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read