Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-19-2009   #461
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BlazingArrow, BipolarTheTitan, Bulluck53, etc. Where are you guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
We're on the same page
Its good to see good natured ribbing back here bullock... unlike your friend Blazing "miss the point" Arrow you seem to not get too pissed and just give some back. good smack.

speaking of which ..if someone says gene pool, in the same sentance as one tooth again...they owe me a new computer...I alost spewed the soda on it.

At least yall didnt add..yall got a purty mouth...then I would have lost it. Good stuff.

BA its just smack get over it...bring it stronger.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #462
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

BA knows its all in fun. I can get worked up too if you push the right buttons, we all can. I understand his frustration as I would have been the same way had I come back here last week.

You guys will understand someday

Sorry, I had to.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #463
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
BA knows its all in fun. I can get worked up too if you push the right buttons, we all can. I understand his frustration as I would have been the same way had I come back here last week.

You guys will understand someday

Sorry, I had to.
We knew playoff football when Tennessee wasn't even on the NFL's radar. Houston has been an NFL city for decades before the inbred children of Uranus were hatched in Slug's dome.

What we also understand is what it's like to have a talent-laden team consistently choke. Fortunately (for us), y'all wanted that historically choking franchise.

The powers that be in the NFL knew that Tennessee fans have short attention spans and wouldn't be able to understand the difficulties of building an NFL team from the ground up. That's why y'all were never in contention for an expansion team.
Old 01-20-2009   #464
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
We knew playoff football when Tennessee wasn't even on the NFL's radar. Houston has been an NFL city for decades before the inbred children of Uranus were hatched in Slug's dome.

What we also understand is what it's like to have a talent-laden team consistently choke. Fortunately (for us), y'all wanted that historically choking franchise.

The powers that be in the NFL knew that Tennessee fans have short attention spans and wouldn't be able to understand the difficulties of building an NFL team from the ground up. That's why y'all were never in contention for an expansion team.
Seems nor do the Houston fans. Seven years and counting for magical #9 ...

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #465
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Seems nor do the Houston fans. Seven years and counting for magical #9 ...
And Houston is still selling out every game. Do you honestly think the fans in Tennessee would do the same under these circumstances? I think they'd be experiencing their second year of blackouts after the guaranteed sellouts expired.

I'm asking you to be objective (for once ), since your allegiance is really to the franchise and not to the hometown or region that they play in. You really have no reason to defend people in Tennessee. After all, Slug could hypothetically move again and make them the South Park Titans (or wherever) and you'd still be a fan. Right?
Old 01-20-2009   #466
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
... before the inbred children of Uranus were hatched in Slug's dome.
LOL, I don't know why but that sentence struck me as very funny.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #467
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And Houston is still selling out every game. Do you honestly think the fans in Tennessee would do the same under these circumstances? I think they'd be experiencing their second year of blackouts after the guaranteed sellouts expired.

I'm asking you to be objective (for once ), since your allegiance is really to the franchise and not to the hometown or region that they play in. You really have no reason to defend people in Tennessee. After all, Slug could hypothetically move again and make them the South Park Titans (or wherever) and you'd still be a fan. Right?

That is hard to say really. When I went this season for MNF there were plenty of fans. Granted we were playing well and it was a nationally televised game. I think it would be hard for any small market team that struggles to get a large enough fan base to sell out games. On the other hand if you are in a large market like Houston it is a lot easier to sell out games because corporations buy up tickets to give to potential customers.

The 9ers are a good example. They sell out every game but have not had a really dominate team in a long time. Do you think that is a bunch of 9er die hards buying up those tickets?

Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2009   #468
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

yea yea...
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #469
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #470
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
after losing the divisional playoff in Foxborough during the 2003 post season 2004 brought roster cuts and injuries abounded. 2005 was more of the same and as you know in two seasons the Titans managed to win only 9 games. They lost their qb and completely had to rebuild the team... but they sold out the stadium... and they are still selling out the stadium...

now, this may be smack forum, and that's all good, but I'm not trying to smack talk so much as I'm trying to ask you... what are these guaranteed sellouts that you are talking about? The Titans psl's are sold out and there is a waiting list. Brokers own a good chunk so singles can be bought on the open market but the only thing that drives Titan ticket sales is demand. I would just like a clarification of what a "guaranteed sellout" is. What is so different about Houston's circumstances? Tennessee is hit and miss with draft picks... we have had three consecutive non-winning seasons in the past several years... history has shown that Titan fans can weather the bad times... I'd like to understand your point. I just don't see it on the backdrop of what has actually happened... as your post is on the hypothetical vein... but it's close enough to the actual reality that transpired.
Old 01-21-2009   #471
Bipolar The Titan

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Memphis lost their bids and Nashville never made one for the fact that the market here is relatively small compared to that of mega markets like Houston, Philadelphia, New York, etc... The advertising data suggests that more money could be made in a place that has more metro population... Charlotte and Jacksonville are good examples of good expansion candidates with larger markets.

Nashville is a bit smaller... But so is Green Bay and Indianapolis... so it can stand to reason that a team could work... but if you want the biggest bang for the buck... the largest market is the best place to locate a new team and that is what the NFL office concerns themselves with.

The team that arrived in Nashville was a bit pre-built. That was fortunate for it's new fans... but that team was blown up... "to the ground level" so to speak... through the draft, cap management and free agency it's a good team again... not good enough to win the conference but good enough to win 10+ games the last couple of seasons. So again, what you say can't happen did happen. The team was built from the ground up. You don't get much closer to the ground than (4-12).

I can understand plenty. The idea that someone can't understand something because they live a few hundred miles this way or that way is ridiculous. This is America. As diverse a people we are geography doesn't divide us. To say I can't understand something as simple as building a football team because I live in Tennessee only serves to make you look silly. Now if you want to talk horror of a hurricane... that's something different entirely because that's something you experience as a region... but I pay for football tickets and watch games in the stadium the same as you. I will continue to buy tickets even if the team has ups and downs. I'm a living example that your post is just wrong.
Old 01-21-2009   #472
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Understanding the rules of football, and rooting for a great team that was delivered to you, is much, much different than watching and believing in a team that was built from the ground up.

Perhaps you are the exception to the rule, but I doubt the majority of your compadres would support a team with sold out stadiums for 7 years in a row, especially if that team did not automatically produce a winning season.

The Super Bowl appearance - you know, the one with many of the players that you inherited from the Houston Oilers - has kept the goodwill of Titans fans through a losing season or two. But to even act like that is the same as the obstacles of an expansion team is downright ignorant, if not outright stupid. Reading about it on a screen is not the same as living it. You might be able to empathize, but this is not the same as being able sympathize.

See, how that works is we can sympathize with having a great team that chokes out in the playoffs. So we do have that in common.
Old 01-21-2009   #473
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
Memphis lost their bids and Nashville never made one for the fact that the market here is relatively small compared to that of mega markets like Houston, Philadelphia, New York, etc... The advertising data suggests that more money could be made in a place that has more metro population... Charlotte and Jacksonville are good examples of good expansion candidates with larger markets.

Nashville is a bit smaller... But so is Green Bay and Indianapolis... so it can stand to reason that a team could work... but if you want the biggest bang for the buck... the largest market is the best place to locate a new team and that is what the NFL office concerns themselves with.

The team that arrived in Nashville was a bit pre-built. That was fortunate for it's new fans... but that team was blown up... "to the ground level" so to speak... through the draft, cap management and free agency it's a good team again... not good enough to win the conference but good enough to win 10+ games the last couple of seasons. So again, what you say can't happen did happen. The team was built from the ground up. You don't get much closer to the ground than (4-12).

I can understand plenty. The idea that someone can't understand something because they live a few hundred miles this way or that way is ridiculous. This is America. As diverse a people we are geography doesn't divide us. To say I can't understand something as simple as building a football team because I live in Tennessee only serves to make you look silly. Now if you want to talk horror of a hurricane... that's something different entirely because that's something you experience as a region... but I pay for football tickets and watch games in the stadium the same as you. I will continue to buy tickets even if the team has ups and downs. I'm a living example that your post is just wrong.
I think you misunderstand smack running with our actual perceptions of the NFL landscape. Most fans of the former team know exactly what went down and why you got a team. ( Crazy man took bribes and Jerry Jones) We know that it makes no sense why cities like Nashville and Jacksonville and even charlotte have teams. NFL teams can work in smaller markets, even expansion teams, but it helped the Titans to have an existing franchise that has had a stable foundation since the days in Houston. Moving from Houston wasnt smart but keeping the Buddy Ryan puching bag was. That enabled the tacks to weather the storms.
The Texans have faced nothing but storms since they started....the Tacks may have "blown up from the ground level" but they did it slowly over time. Rebulding and building are different things.The Texans had to start from scratch buillding from the ground level and over time (and a lot of bumps in the road) they have constructed a good foundation for a strong team for years to come. In most cases expansion teams take some time to succeed ( Carolina and Jax are exceptions) As we like to point out to Cowboy fan it took them 10 years till they became a playoff team.
We arent saying just because you live in Tennesee you dont know anything....you just have short term memories and selective ones at that.

The past is the past and you got the curse of the Bud and the Texans are our team now and they are rising to be the best in the league. Indianapolis has a new coach and they are getting old...Jacksonville is a disaster the Tacks have lost their d coordinator and soon best defensive lineman and possibly trade their #3 pick benchwarmer. Things are looking good for the Texans to make a move.
The old team may have had limited success in their new outhouse, but the new crib is going to see better days. So go listen to your classical banjo music and think what would Dale do? That or hunt for manbearpig...or watch cops to see your neighbors...whatever you do in the offseason. ( hey this is the smack area)
Old 01-21-2009   #474
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See, how that works is we can sympathize with having a great team that chokes out in the playoffs. So we do have that in common.
Not anymore. We started with a clean slate.

One thing that you can consistently learn from is history. It ALWAYS repeats itself. The Titans may not make it to the playoffs every year, but win they do, they never win. It's a sad year for Titan's fans...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #475
Bipolar The Titan

nice answers guys. I didn't know spurstexanstros was capable of such sane sounding posting. All I really have to add is a big "hey, whatever"... I guess rebuilding a team and starting an expansion team are different.. I don't really buy into any curse. It's pure coincidence that the Titans have been sent home from the post season six times since relocating to Nashville.

As for Jim Schwartz, he won't be missed by A LOT of Titan fans and I for one won't be the least bit upset if they let Albert walk. He's too expensive and not worth the risk. I don't want the team to tie that much money in one guy. I really think he's going to have a big slump once he gets his money.

And Shaft, how can you apply that history repeats itself? That's like saying Houston will never make the playoffs... I don't believe that.
Old 01-21-2009   #476
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
nice answers guys. I didn't know spurstexanstros was capable of such sane sounding posting. All I really have to add is a big "hey, whatever"... I guess rebuilding a team and starting an expansion team are different.. I don't really buy into any curse. It's pure coincidence that the Titans have been sent home from the post season six times since relocating to Nashville.

As for Jim Schwartz, he won't be missed by A LOT of Titan fans and I for one won't be the least bit upset if they let Albert walk. He's too expensive and not worth the risk. I don't want the team to tie that much money in one guy. I really think he's going to have a big slump once he gets his money.

And Shaft, how can you apply that history repeats itself? That's like saying Houston will never make the playoffs... I don't believe that.
That is not like that at all.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #477
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Titans quarterback Kerry Collins will make his second Pro Bowl trip as a replacement for Brett Favre.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Congrats
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #478
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Oh no he spoke of the curse ... shhh .... shhh ... non shall speak of the curse!

Quote:
I think he is underrated but in no way do I think he is even in the top 20 of DC's. I think a new flavor would take this team from a solid D to a D that you are scared to play every time you face them.

I think AH will sign ... and a more agressive DC will put us into the elite.

Quote:

Oh know it is real!

Old 01-21-2009   #479
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

one of the biggest problems for the Texans was depth when starting from scratch.. Lots of street free agents were 2nd string and on (and some were 1st) .. Drafting wise, Casserly was too much into the "potential" when drafting, Boom or Bust drafting by Casserly, He gambled early and lost. Along with a new team, you have to pay a little more than market to secure FA's
Along with his Square peg -round hole drafting versus coaching philosophy (example, Capers wanted strong defense and run game) but drafting wise we seem to draft differently)

I am not defending what the Texans did but just saying

on a side note, I wonder what the release/"re-sign by another team" ratio was for the Texans and their ex-players they dropped early in the franchise history
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #480
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Quote:

Hmmmm thanks I guess....I did spend hours writing it on my big chief before posting.
My sound posts are usually in threads that dont involve someone attacking my team. Tack and Jag , Cowboy fans rarely give me reason to logically respond to an argument. I usually do..but for the most part too busy looking down their noses at us to listen to reason.

NFL markets and why certain cities have football teams and others do not is something I have done alot of research on. Mainly because I cant understand why cities like Jacksonville , Nashville, Charlotte have teams and San Antonio doesnt. There is no reason why the 7th largest city in the US does not have a team, All market research show that SA is a capable arena to support football.SO when you or other Titan or Jag fans pat themselves on the back for being great markets...you need to understand the reason why some cities have teams is not always based on economics...but on the actions of spoiled rich men who will do anything to get their way.(what else can explain leaving the 4th largest city for a small town) The reason I point that out is if for one second you believe that Bud will stay loyal to you or that the league wont put someone in LA if a stadium is there...you are misguided. Like it or not the Titans are on the short list for relocation. If he moved the team from his home town ( yes he still llives there) he will do it to yall

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read