Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-08-2008   #1
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1332 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jerry Jones is apparently tougher than Marion Barber

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,127609

Quote:
At the very least, Mr. Jones believes he's in a position to question Marion Barber's toughness. Barber didn't play in Pittsburgh yesterday with calf and pinkie toe injuries, and Jones roundaboutly called him a sissy yesterday. From Star-Telegram.com:
Seems strange he called MB's toughness into question. When I think of Barber I think of one tough bastard. JJ is a tool. I'm not a cowgirls fan, but this was pretty crappy of JJ.
Old 12-09-2008   #2
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 22184 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerry Jones is apparently tougher than Marion Barber

Don't remember him saying anything when Whiddle Fingy (Romo) sat out because of his pinky injury. You'd figure a injured pinky toe to a RB is akin to that of a injured pinky finger to a QB.

If Jerra ain't gonna criticize all of his players (Romo, Barber, whoever else) for not having the testicular fortitude to "man up" then he needs to shut his pie hole. Of course that would keep him out of the media spot light, so little chance of that happening.
Old 12-09-2008   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
Don't remember him saying anything when Whiddle Fingy (Romo) sat out because of his pinky injury. You'd figure a injured pinky toe to a RB is akin to that of a injured pinky finger to a QB.

If Jerra ain't gonna criticize all of his players (Romo, Barber, whoever else) for not having the testicular fortitude to "man up" then he needs to shut his pie hole. Of course that would keep him out of the media spot light, so little chance of that happening.
Actually, Jones managed to open mouth and insert foot then also. Not quite as bad, I grant you. However, do not give him credit for keeping his mouth shut, since he has never managed to do so. link
Old 12-09-2008   #4
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Actually, Jones managed to open mouth and insert foot then also. Not quite as bad, I grant you. However, do not give him credit for keeping his mouth shut, since he has never managed to do so. link
Your right about that. I remember that famous "it was the whiskey talking" about the Jimmy Johnson firing for Switzer.
Old 12-09-2008   #5
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Even George Steinbrener probably thinks Jerry is a bit obnoxious.

At least I haven't seen George with as many commercials as Jerry.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Even George Steinbrener probably thinks Jerry is a bit obnoxious.

At least I haven't seen George with as many commercials as Jerry.
To be honest, George's son would win that contest easily.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

That is a silly thing to say. Barber would have played if he could I am sure.

Barber doesn't talk to the media at all.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2008   #8
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to have Marion Barber on the Texans. He's one tough hombre in my book. Even though I'm not a Cowboys fan, I am a fan of Marion Barber.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I would love to have Marion Barber on the Texans. He's one tough hombre in my book. Even though I'm not a Cowboys fan, I am a fan of Marion Barber.
imagine having the option of either marion barber or steve slaton...
Old 12-09-2008   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not going anywhere..he signed a 7 year contract last spring worth major bucks.
Old 12-09-2008   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

"Release me, or trade me now Jerry Jones. Bastard."

You really don't think it's a possibility?
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

Well anything is a possibility but I think the probability of that conversation taking place is very, very slim.
Old 12-09-2008   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerrah is already crawfishing....

Watch SportsCenter or NFLN, because I just heard a blurb from an interview. I didn't catch the whole thing so I won't go into it, but essentially saying that he was taken out of context.

Jerrah Jones > asshat
Old 12-09-2008   #14
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm with you. If it's me I tell Jerry that if you aren't happy with my toughness than you can trade my sorry ass off your team.
Old 12-09-2008   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Jerrah is already crawfishing....

Watch SportsCenter or NFLN, because I just heard a blurb from an interview. I didn't catch the whole thing so I won't go into it, but essentially saying that he was taken out of context.

Jerrah Jones > asshat
What he is saying is that he thought that Barber would play no matter what and he was surprised that he didn't even make the trip...it's all spin at this point.

Nobody will know Barber's take because he doesn't speak to the media at all and I don't think that will change at this point.
Old 12-09-2008   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
What he is saying is that he thought that Barber would play no matter what and he was surprised that he didn't even make the trip...it's all spin at this point.

Nobody will know Barber's take because he doesn't speak to the media at all and I don't think that will change at this point.
That's what crawfish implies: putting a spin on something -or- moving sideways with your answers.
Old 12-09-2008   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That's what crawfish implies: putting a spin on something -or- moving sideways with your answers.
Well thanks for the explanation but I knew what he meant.....Jerry put his foot in his mouth again..he's done it so many times before and he'll continue to do it for all the days of his life probably. Right now all he can do is spin it. Right?

He said on his SA show that he never meant to question Barber's toughness and he wasn't doing that..that what he was saying was that he thought that he was SO TOUGH that nothing would keep him from playing and why wasn't he out there because he's just that tough.

I am pretty sure he didn't mean that but ya know it's SPIN! HA!
Old 12-09-2008   #18
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerry Jones just sees the backlash on what he really DID say, so now he is running around the a bunch of different sports radio shows and ESPN.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Jerry Jones just sees the backlash on what he really DID say, so now he is running around the a bunch of different sports radio shows and ESPN.
Not necessarily...Jerry has many radio shows that he appears on regularly and is open to interviews all the time. He's very media visible. Too much if you ask me but that's just me.

He thrives on this type of stuff.
Old 12-10-2008   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post

Now, since he's been injured, he becomes a perfect candidate for the position of a Texans running back.,,,,,,,,,and I too would take him in a heart beat.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read