Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-16-2009   #41
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout In. Top 32 - 12/5/08

Dang did anyone else notice Terrence Cody? 6'5" 375lbs. Does he need a cart to get him on and off field? Wonder what his 40 is? Think he ever runs a QB down? He rated above Raji? Hmm.
Old 01-16-2009   #42
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Dang did anyone else notice Terrence Cody? 6'5" 375lbs. Does he need a cart to get him on and off field? Wonder what his 40 is? Think he ever runs a QB down? He rated above Raji? Hmm.
I'm not really high on Cody. He'll most likely be a first day guy next year, but he's basically a run stuffer at the next level. He may not be able to collapse the pocket, and he may not even command multiple blockers. He got laid out a few times in Bama's bowl game, but that could be due to fatigue. One thing he has though is size, and you can't teach that.

Here's some practice highlights if you're interested.
Old 01-16-2009   #43
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cody isnt coming out last I heard. Even if he does no way will he be rated higher than Raji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
RDE is what the Texans are looking for. if Maybin is available they add his playmaking speed to balance the power coming from Mario. this not only would help compress the pocket it funnels opponents inside. How much is Haynesworth looking to get? can you imagine a line with ability to hurt you anyway they want power/size/speed?

Honestly I don't care where scouts or anyone else rates them right now, you know a player when you see one. you combine that with knowing every weakness & strength of the Texans. I just can't imagine another player who could have as big of impact as Maybin, I also can't imagine him still on the board @ #15. can't. so we got to move on to PLAN B.

Haynesworth isn't excatly going to be cheap & probably more than the 15th pick so maybe a big body in the middle like BJ Raji or Peria is the second best move? from bpa to addressing need, a true power triad inside the box. I'm also certain there are going to be some good DE prospects available 2nd/3rd maybe even later (more developmental)that fit the bill nicely. Think Synergy. No reason to think otherwise what works for the OL goes for DL too Continuity/Teamwork/Talent/Coaching.

Well thats PLAN B. reverse in order but accomplishes basicly the same thing, good DT are as hard to find as DE but now I have restored faith that Bush will assert his newfound influence where its most needed
This has been my wish for awhile now. I want a combo of Suggs and Raji or Haynesworth and whomever the best DE is available at 15. IMO that would fix our DL problems for good. Hell I would be pitching a tent if we went Raji at 15 and signed Hayneswoth in FA. Make Mario and Omobi the DE's with Haynesworth and Raji in the middle. Add a super fast OLB and that would be scary.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #44
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He isn't coming out this year, but he is a better DT than Raji and a different DT than Peria or Brace. As D-ReK mentioned, Cody is going to be drafted primarily for his ability to stop the run in the middle. He is a huge guy, and again, like D-Rek said, you can't teach that. 40 times for a NT don't mean much, and I wouldn't even be interested in anything past the 10 yard mark. If my NT is running 40 yards, he better have the ball in his hands. Anyway, he has a ton of potential to be a 3-4 NT and should take this extra year to work on conditioning. If he drops a little weight, he should be able to play in a 4-3 and fill a need next to a smaller UT. Either way, he will be fun to watch on a scary Alabama team. They have 3 players who are (IMO) the best in the nation at their respective positions who aren't in the draft this year.
Old 01-16-2009   #45
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Either way, he will be fun to watch on a scary Alabama team. They have 3 players who are (IMO) the best in the nation at their respective positions who aren't in the draft this year.
I'm just curious who you're referring to. I'll venture a guess and say Cody, McClain, and Arenas. As of now, I like Gerald McCoy and Brandon Spikes at DT and ILB.

I'd also like to go on record and say that I have a full blown man-crush on Eric Berry. He's like Sean Taylor, Malcolm X, Nat Turner, and Barack Obama rolled into one. [/obscure Boondocks reference]
Old 01-16-2009   #46
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK;1099721[B
]I'm just curious who you're referring to. I'll venture a guess and say Cody, McClain, and Arenas.[/b] As of now, I like Gerald McCoy and Brandon Spikes at DT and ILB.

I'd also like to go on record and say that I have a full blown man-crush on Eric Berry. He's like Sean Taylor, Malcolm X, Nat Turner, and Barack Obama rolled into one. [/obscure Boondocks reference]
I would guess he means Julio Jones, Cody, and Rolando McClain...

And I would draft Eric Berry with the #1 overall pick next year. No joke.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #47
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I would guess he means Julio Jones, Cody, and Rolando McClain...

And I would draft Eric Berry with the #1 overall pick next year. No joke.
Ahh that makes sense. I misread and thought he was saying they had 3 top overall players on their defense.

I'm right there with you on Berry. Whoever is picking high in next year's draft is going to get an absolute gift. It's almost worth being a sucky team if that's your reward.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read