Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-08-2008   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Fiesta Bowl - UT v. OSU

I know y'all wanted Bama - but I am glad Bama got screwed and not us!

Let the smack talking being!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fiesta Bowl - UT v. OSU

While I will never be confused as a 'sip fan and as much as I hate the Little 11, I hate Oklahoma more. With that said, I hope the Horns hang 50+ on OSU.
Old 12-08-2008   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

absolutely sick of seeing OSU in a BCS game, if the system had any merit, we'd be seeing Boise State against Texas here
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Fiesta Bowl - UT v. OSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
absolutely sick of seeing OSU in a BCS game, if the system had any merit, we'd be seeing Boise State against Texas here
I absolutely agree we don't "deserve" to be there.

However, BCS picks 1 v. 2. After that, BCS is irrelevant (unless you're ND), and the bowls start doing screwy stuff ($$$$$$$).

Until we have my 8 team playoff, I'll take the gift of playing UT
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-08-2008   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Beanie is healthy and Pryor is matured. Defense has improved some, D Line still sucks, causing our secondary to have issues.

Also, we kick a** in non-national title BCS games!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-08-2008   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

As we get closer to the game my take will become more in-depth, but for right now:

I think Texas wins handily against Ohio St for a few reasons.

I expect Texas to come out trying to prove why their fans are "whining" about getting left out. I already hear "fans" saying that we should run up the score on OSU. I disagree. Mack never rubs it in and that is one of the reasons we are where we are. A lot of people respect that. I couldn't care less about "style points" when all it does is lead to poor sportsmanship.

Pryor is a good player. But he will be like the sixth or seventh best QB Texas has faced this year, and not even the best freshman (Robert Griffin).

OSU will get their yards running the ball. I have no doubt of that. But as the Texas defense does to everybody, we will force them to be one-dimensional. If Pryor tries to pass, he will get hammered. Unless a Big XII crew is officiating, Orakpo and Kindle will combine for at least three sacks.

OSU's defense is a tougher match-up I think. They will have to blitz us to get pressure, but they have a secondary that isn't bothered by getting left on an island. I expect we will have serious trouble establishing any type of running game other than McCoy on draws and scrambles. Expect Cosby and Shipley to each have about 10 catches on quick slants, screens, and hitches.

I think it will be a great first half, with Texas pulling away in the second half. The only game that will rival this one in intensity is the OU/UF game.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #7
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

How da hell did OSU end up in a BCS game over Texas Tech and Boise State? They're not that good this year. The BCS is total trash!
Old 12-08-2008   #8
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
How da hell did OSU end up in a BCS game over Texas Tech and Boise State? They're not that good this year. The BCS is total trash!
Only two teams can go from one conference, so thats why Tech ain't going. Ohio St, well, its all about $$$$.
Old 12-08-2008   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Like I said, ALL the BCS rankings determine are #1 and #2. Period. It's lame. After that - #3 to about #12 don't matter, no it's if you won your conference and/or "at large" bids (i.e. $$$$$).

But, I will enjoy prospering from the suckitude of the system.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-08-2008   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be rooting for the Utes against Alabama. Always have to cheer for the non-BCS teams.

What's a Ute?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1V-4...eature=related

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

I always have to cheer for the non-SEC and non-USC teams
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-08-2008   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I always have to cheer for the non-SEC and non-USC teams
Exactly.
Old 12-08-2008   #13
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I just wanted to see Bama matched up against UT just to create a denser cloud of uncertainty over the BCS.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I just wanted to see Bama matched up against UT just to create a denser cloud of uncertainty over the BCS.
I didn't think UT was eligible for a bowl this year. And with Phillip Fulmer stepping down, who would coach them??
Old 12-08-2008   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I didn't think UT was eligible for a bowl this year. And with Phillip Fulmer stepping down, who would coach them??
You're thinking of TU, Tennessee....
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
You're thinking of TU, Tennessee....
Sorry man... I forgot the smiley with that post.
Old 12-08-2008   #17
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79515 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just looking at some of the coach's votes. Pure lunacy.

Coaches at Baylor, Michigan State, Texas Tech, have OU #1 and TX #5

The Rutgers Coach also has TX at # 5 and OU #2.

I guess we can quit saying that the regular season IS the playoffs. This is coaches cooking the books, plain and simple. This is the 2nd year in a row I feel $%^$ed by the system (Georgia)

I'm so fed up I wouldn't even watch the game if it were played right now.
Old 12-08-2008   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post

I guess we can quit saying that the regular season IS the playoffs. This is coaches cooking the books, plain and simple. This is the 2nd year in a row I feel $%^$ed by the system (Georgia)
GA is the ONLY SEC team I like (I reserve the right to change that once I go to a game as an opposing fan). I like Richt and the program.

However, it was GA who vaulted Bama from like 13 to 1 when an they beat an overrated GA team (preseason polls are lunacy).

Back to the topic, Go Bucks!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-08-2008   #19
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The BCS reminds of ice skating and gymnastics. Scores on based on judge's opinions.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
I was just looking at some of the coach's votes. Pure lunacy.

Coaches at Baylor, Michigan State, Texas Tech, have OU #1 and TX #5

The Rutgers Coach also has TX at # 5 and OU #2.

I'm so fed up I wouldn't even watch the game if it were played right now.
if the regular season is the playoffs, then the whole season should be looked at. perhaps they feel Oklahoma has beat better teams and looked better in doing so and deserves to be there more than Texas
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read