Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2008   #21
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak did not even watch the winning FG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I watched the FG, but I was pacing around my living room at an intense rate. I had to check the carpet for burn marks afterwards.
LOL, I paced most of the game! Just couldn't sit down. THought for sure I wore a hole in my carpet. Scared my poor little poodle half to death yelling so loud, and she is almost deaf!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
LOL, I paced most of the game! Just couldn't sit down. THought for sure I wore a hole in my carpet. Scared my poor little poodle half to death yelling so loud, and she is almost deaf!
I was actually calm and collected most of the game. Once the D uncharacteristically stopped the Pack's drive into Texans territory in the 4th quarter is what got me all in a tizzy.
Old 12-08-2008   #23
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I watched the FG, but I was pacing around my living room at an intense rate. I had to check the carpet for burn marks afterwards.
My friends hardwood floors will never be the same again!!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I saw it... He sure is a goofy bastard.

Quote:

My youngest son heard a few more new words out of his mothers mouth!!
Old 12-08-2008   #24
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Better than Kubiak not watching the GW FG was McCarthy slamming his head phones in the dirt when Kris nailed that sucker!! For once it was THEM, not us, showing frustration! Quiet a moment!

I was worried about the snap, not the hold or the kick. Good for us, it all worked out!

Anyone else see Kris on TV last night? A very good interview. Talked about how good it felt to win on Lambeau field, the place where football was basically born. All the players said pretty much the same thing about the thrill of winning there. I bet it was a great experience for all of them. My congrats to them all on a hard fought game.
Does anybody know if there is a clip of this interview anywhere?
Old 12-08-2008   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer View Post
Does anybody know if there is a clip of this interview anywhere?
Here's the video of some post-game interviews. I'm not sure this is the one mentioned, but KB said he was aiming at a Miller Lite sign on the FG he missed. It was kinda funny. LOL! Check it out.

http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html
Old 12-08-2008   #26
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I can watch everything but somebody's leg or arm getting snapped. I don't watch the replays of limbs and joints getting re-arranged, I'll leave the ROOM and come back later.

But I have no problems watching a game-deciding play. I figure that I watched the whole thing, why can't I watch the last play? Plus, the drama of the situation is great entertainment.

I think Kubiak can't stand to watch them because they don't generally go our way.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think Kubiak can't stand to watch them because they don't generally go our way.
He did the same thing in Denver.
Old 12-08-2008   #28
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he is superstitious. I certainly wouldn't knock him over this.
Old 12-08-2008   #29
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Maybe he is superstitious.

That is EXACTLY why I didn't watch it either. I hit PAUSE on the DVR, said a little prayer, turned it back on and looked out the window as I listened.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was actually calm and collected most of the game. Once the D uncharacteristically stopped the Pack's drive into Texans territory in the 4th quarter is what got me all in a tizzy.
then you've got a stronger stomach than I do.
I couldn't watch.

And I wasn't alone.... DeMeco said he couldn't watch either
Quote:
“I couldn’t watch,” Ryans said. “I bowed my head and said a little prayer. I wanted to find out by the crowd reaction. When my teammates started jumping up and down and screaming, I knew the kick was good. And what a great feeling it was for all of us.”

Last edited by ObsiWan; 12-08-2008 at 12:31 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #31
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He did the same thing in Denver.
Hmmm...then it's a habit/possible superstition?

Interesting . I could see being like that on a Super Bowl game-deciding moment, but a game that really only has draft position implications?

Interesting information. That's just the way he likes to go about it.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #32
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't want to watch, but i did. Then I jumped up and screamed ran around the room went up to the the tv and touched all the guys jumping around. I lost all sense of reason.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #33
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

I had to go get my horn hard hat and pace around and make sure the shadow of said hat from the projector was displayed on the packers!!!

Works everytime!
Old 12-08-2008   #34
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Maybe he is superstitious. I certainly wouldn't knock him over this.
I think you nailed it. That makes the most sense to me. BTW, I loved holw Kris Brown let us all know he made it right when he kicked it. That was awesome.
Old 12-08-2008   #35
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't blame Kubiak for turning his back, it's what he always does.

But I was on the edge of my seat. I live for moments like that as a football fan, and especially when it's my team. I'm proud of them boys to fight through their mistakes and pull out this W. It was a hard fought victory.

Old 12-08-2008   #36
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i was on my knees in the living room with both fingers crossed
I was on the edge of my seat....then I scared my kids when I exhaled....

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #37
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I don't blame Kubiak for turning his back, it's what he always does.

But I was on the edge of my seat. I live for moments like that as a football fan, and especially when it's my team. I'm proud of them boys to fight through their mistakes and pull out this W. It was a hard fought victory.

It was great watching them fight through the mistakes and find a way to win. But, this is another game that shouldn't of even been close. We should've won the game with ease.

Once the O can learn to take care of the ball and the D can consistantly hold their own, the Texans are going to be scary good.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read