Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-07-2008   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This song is Dedicated to Ms. Toni Romo

After watching Romo's performance in today's game (12-07-08) against the Pittsburgh Steelers this Robyn song came to mind. Enjoy Ms. Romo. You GO GIRL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C8UXZrN9UY
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #2
ZX758
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVP
Default Re: This song is Dedicated to Ms. Toni Romo

Hate Romo guy is not a clutch player. I am so happy these Cowboys aren't gonna make the playoffs
ZX758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX758 View Post
Hate Romo guy is not a clutch player. I am so happy these Cowboys aren't gonna make the playoffs
wouldn't go that far yet
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #4
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly...The Cowboys still have a shot at making the playoffs, but Jones' saying he "guaranteed" the Cowboys were going to be in the play offs...might have pissed off everyone else on their schedule. The Lizzard king needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and let his team do their thing.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 12-07-2008   #5
ZX758
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVPZX758 was voted MVP

Well, I will guarantee that the Cowboys will NOT make the playoffs.
Old 12-07-2008   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
mmkay
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whatever you say. They lost no ground and still have 2 of 3 at home. This was a horribly blown game though
Old 12-07-2008   #8
ZX758
Rookie

Fine we'll see how the end of the season turns out. But I don't see them going.
Old 12-07-2008   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I GUARANTEE that the Detroit Lions will not be in the Playoffs this season!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Romo has a whole lot of turnovers to his credit for the Cowboy's to have hitched their wagon to him with such a long term/high dolloar contract.

I know he has talent, there's no denying that, but he has had a number of games where his turnovers are very high for a qb of his supposed caliber.

As with everything else, time will tell, but Jerry probably wakes up in a cold sweat occasionally when he has dreams of Romo not being the qb he thinks he is.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Romo has a whole lot of turnovers to his credit for the Cowboy's to have hitched their wagon to him with such a long term/high dolloar contract.

I know he has talent, there's no denying that, but he has had a number of games where his turnovers are very high for a qb of his supposed caliber.

As with everything else, time will tell, but Jerry probably wakes up in a cold sweat occasionally when he has dreams of Romo not being the qb he thinks he is.
Romo reminds me of Favre.

He can keep plays alive and win you some games. But he will single-handedly lose you some along the way.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I hate the Cowboys because they are the Cowboys, I simply can't hate Romo. A guy who came out of nowhere, maintained his humility, and is as good as he is isn't easy to hate on
Old 12-07-2008   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
lies.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
As much as I hate the Cowboys because they are the Cowboys, I simply can't hate Romo. A guy who came out of nowhere, maintained his humility, and is as good as he is isn't easy to hate on
agreed. lots of over-compensation with the hate of Romo from Texans fans. focus on Rosenfels
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #15
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt they make the playoffs, but if they do.... Romo will just give it up anyways. He just doesn't have it yet.
Old 12-08-2008   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Whatever you say. They lost no ground and still have 2 of 3 at home. This was a horribly blown game though
LOL! I think they actually climbed up to the 6th or 7th seed with Atlanta losing.

They have a sick schedule left.
Old 12-08-2008   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Going that far out on a limb, are ya???

The 'gurls are about to implode. Even if they make the play-offs, it's one and done.......... Again.
Old 12-08-2008   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

my fav- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dbjRLuXJoc
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #19
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
agreed. lots of over-compensation with the hate of Romo from Texans fans. focus on Rosenfels
"Stand by...Crash and Burn girl....going down, down, down down. You don't mind the fall until your face hits the ground."

:Robyn

I'm not over compensating. I hated the Cowboys even before the Texans came into existence and shall long after they're gone. I still resent the way they expected Oiler fans to become defacto Cowboy fans after our team left. To paraphrase a song from the Drew Carey Show:

"Yes...[i] hate 'em, hate 'em hate 'em...till they box 'em up and crate 'em."

But that's just me.

Last edited by Dread-Head; 12-08-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-08-2008   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
LOL! I think they actually climbed up to the 6th or 7th seed with Atlanta losing.

They have a sick schedule left.
Yeah that was messed up. They moved up when losing. But the win would have put a great margin out there and they had it in the bag if they could ever close.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read