Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2008   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Winning Streaks

I haven't seen this posted anywhere else but I just wanted to say...

Before this season, we'd never won more than 2 games in a row. This season, we've now won 3 games in a row twice.

Let's extend that next week.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #2
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Winning Streaks

Battle Red baby, let's keep the streak rollin'.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I haven't seen this posted anywhere else but I just wanted to say...

Before this season, we'd never won more than 2 games in a row. This season, we've now won 3 games in a row twice.

Let's extend that next week.
Agreed. We play the Titans next week, and i hope we defeat them in a similar manner to today's victory. i don't want to blow 'em out, i want to yank the rug out from under their feet at the last possible moment. those are so much more soul-shattering IMO.
Old 12-07-2008   #4
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i want to yank the rug out from under their feet at the last possible moment. those are so much more soul-shattering IMO.
Not that Texans fans would know anything about this feeling.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't it make you sick if we finish with a 6 game winning streak at 9-7 and DO NOT make the playoffs? We might need to have a Rosencopter Bar-b-cue.

Before anyone gets too upset, don't worry, because I REALLY doubt we win next Sunday.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 299017 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we'll beat the Titans, but if we do, it's 9-7 this year! Hope I'm wrong about the Titans, 'cause 9-7 after that horrible start would be sweet.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Not that Texans fans would know anything about this feeling.
haha... we're all so familiar with that hollow feeling in the belly.. the kinda loss that makes you blink hard and stagger about the room like a lost octogenarian.
Old 12-07-2008   #8
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't think we'll beat the Titans, but if we do, it's 9-7 this year! Hope I'm wrong about the Titans, 'cause 9-7 after that horrible start would be sweet.
The problem with finishing 9-7 is that it would reopen the wounds of the losses that should have been wins, and realizing that the Texans missed the playoffs because of those botched efforts.

That would be a buzzkill.
Old 12-07-2008   #9
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70926 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. We play the Titans next week, and i hope we defeat them in a similar manner to today's victory. i don't want to blow 'em out, i want to yank the rug out from under their feet at the last possible moment. those are so much more soul-shattering IMO.
I want to knock Collins out in the fourth quarter of a tied game (nothing serious, just a sprained thumb or something -- I'm not malicious). After 15 minutes of CBS replaying "the run," Young twice overthrows his receiver so badly in the end zone that the ball bounces off of someone in the stands wearing a Titans #10 jersey. Mario stuffs him on a run attempt on third down, then runs into the stands to apologize to Vince's Mamma for hurting her baby. Bironas misses a chip shot FG and the Texans get the ball on their own three.

Then Slaton Runs for a 97 yard TD to win the game. Leach bowls over Haynewsorth in the process and tramples Al's knee, ending his season.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #10
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
The problem with finishing 9-7 is that it would reopen the wounds of the losses that should have been wins, and realizing that the Texans missed the playoffs because of those botched efforts.

That would be a buzzkill.

Would you rather go 2-14??
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I want to knock Collins out in the fourth quarter of a tied game (nothing serious, just a sprained thumb or something -- I'm not malicious). After 15 minutes of CBS replaying "the run," Young twice overthrows his receiver so badly in the end zone that the ball bounces off of someone in the stands wearing a Titans #10 jersey. Mario stuffs him on a run attempt on third down, then runs into the stands to apologize to Vince's Mamma for hurting her baby. Bironas misses a chip shot FG and the Texans get the ball on their own three.

Then Slaton Runs for a 97 yard TD to win the game. Leach bowls over Haynewsorth in the process and tramples Al's knee, ending his season.
Now THAT sounds like a job for Leach!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
haha... we're all so familiar with that hollow feeling in the belly.. the kinda loss that makes you blink hard and stagger about the room like a lost octogenarian.
Yeah...I still haven't gotten over the Indy loss.

On another note, I need to head up to the Woodlands mall and get a red texans shirt. I'm guessing they'll probably be wearing battle red for the Titans game
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #13
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Would you rather go 2-14??
Pretty sure that can't happen when you're already 6-7.

Obviously I'd like to keep winning. It's just that it would lead to some lamentations about what could have -- no, *should* have -- been...
Old 12-07-2008   #14
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21910 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't battle red only once a year? When can we start winning in our other tops. Go texans
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #15
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21910 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't battle red only once a year? When can we start winning in our other tops? Go texans
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets go for 4 in a row!!! Kick the Tacks A**!!!! It will be my 1st Texans game!!!!!
Old 12-07-2008   #17
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Isn't battle red only once a year? When can we start winning in our other tops? Go texans
Pretty sure teams have the option to use alternate home uniforms twice every year and we have taken advantage of it. Two home games left, saving it for Chicago only makes sense to me if we could guarantee we would be fighting for a 9-7 record.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read