Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-30-2008   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2009 schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I just hope we play Buffalo early in the season. The clips I saw of yesterday's game made Green Bay in Dec. look like a walk in the park.
It doesn't get too cold in front of my television at home or at Bubbas..
Old 12-30-2008   #22
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
It doesn't get too cold in front of my television at home or at Bubbas..
Does this mean you won't go with me to Buffalo in Dec??
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Does this mean you won't go with me to Buffalo in Dec??
I'll do anything you want. I just won't enjoy it.
Old 12-30-2008   #24
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hummmmmmm! Buffalo in Dec! Definitely something to think about, if it happens!
Did you see the highlights from the Bills-Pats game Sunday? 60 mph winds! The bloody goal posts tipped over. It was funny watching the kickers try to make field goals in the wind.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #25
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
HOME

New England
New York Jets
San Francisco
Seattle
Oakland
Indy
Jax
Possum Holler

ROAD

Buffalo
Miami
Arizona
St. Louis
Cincinnatti
Indy
Jax
Possum Holler
Possum Holler!!
Old 12-30-2008   #26
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Y'know... outside of our division and the AFC E, that's one damn-easy schedule...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #27
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 2009 schedule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat View Post
Possum Holler!!
I pasted that to my wife so she could see the schedule. she replied "who is possum holler?"

I said Tenn.

She said what, I just learned about tacks and flaming meatballs, another name?

I said, no, the tacks live in possum holler.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2008   #28
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'll do anything you want. I just won't enjoy it.
Then you can stay at home darlin!! I'll find a REAL MAN to go with me!! J/K Love ya anyway for even thinking about it!!

I thought the Bills/Pats game was awesome!! Reminded me of the Pats/Raider game a few years back when you couldn't tell one player from another. I gotta try one of those games just ONCE before I hang up my football hat. Gotta see what is worst, 120 degree heat or 20 below. My bet is on the 120 degree heat. I can always bundle up, but, I sure as hell can't take it all off!!
Old 01-02-2009   #29
ohenry
waterboy

I hope we get another mnf game next season!!
Old 01-02-2009   #30
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Y'know... outside of our division and the AFC E, that's one damn-easy schedule...
And Houston has both the Jets & Patriots @ Home. If the teams we play don't get too much better this off-season I could see an 11-5 season next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry View Post
I hope we get another mnf game next season!!
How about a monday night game against New England @ Reliant?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #31
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Raider fans will be in the Blue Crew Guaranteed
Old 01-02-2009   #32
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Raider fans will be in the Blue Crew Guaranteed
Just NOT the Bullpen! I hope!
Old 01-02-2009   #33
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 2009 schedule?

Quote:
Just NOT the Bullpen! I hope!
i REALLY wanted to taunt Mike and his girlfriend during the Bears game, but never having had a winning season here I felt his pain, and the fact he supports the Texans, I just couldn't bring myself to do it as their playoff hopes got squashed (he did tell kathryn when the Texans make the playoff he would cheer for them over the Bears if the two teams met).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #34
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

All this not letting opposing fans in the Bull Pen is rediculous. This is a Football Game and it takes 2 teams to have a game. We have this game in a stadium that holds 71000 people. If they can get a ticket they have just as much right as you do to be where they bought the ticket, if you do not like it then buy a ticket in front of them. I think all this gung Ho do not let them in the Bull Pen, Do not let them fly thier flag on thier flag pole where thay want is very untexan. We cater to the opposing fan and I do not care where they sit, where thay put thier flag, if They want to sit near me and You sell your ticket to them then suck it up and watch em have fun. It is a Football Game, Not a War. You want war go to Iraq I want football and it is great that fans want to come to Houston.
I do not want and I will do everything to stop the Texans fans from trying to degrade the friendly honest welcome feeling we extend to each and all fans of any and all colors.
YOU WANT TO BE ONE OF THOSE FANS MOVE TO CLEVELAND, PHILLY, OAKLAND (although Oakland is a great place to go and cleveland is too, havent been to philly yet.)
Old 01-02-2009   #35
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Easy Hoss...she did add a little

Other fans don't bother me unless they are tards like alot of Tight'un..uh VY....fans are.

My daughter and I were just talking about Da Raider game last night.

"I don't want them to win...I just think they are cool looking, Dad."

"Well, I have a feeling I know where some real ones will be hanging out. We'll go check them out..."

"Really???"

As for Bears fans...maybe I shouldn't have been so loudly updating them all on the Giants v Vikings score when the Vikes were winning.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #36
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

hey roc gma knows me and I just stated the truth.
I got hammered bout the flag issue all day sunday and I had nothing to do with it.

I am part of the greatest tailgate and I do not nor will I see us treating any other team badly.
Old 01-02-2009   #37
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I got hammered bout the flag issue all day sunday and I had nothing to do with it.

I am part of the greatest tailgate and I do not nor will I see us treating any other team badly.
To be honest Joe, It wasn't a big issue for me, but I can understand why some people might have been offended that the Bears flag was flown on TOP.

If it was THEIR flagpole and the rightful space owner has no problems with it - then neither do I.

I'll forever want to be part of the group that welcomes ALL comers to the game and helps make it a positive experience to remember!

Old 01-02-2009   #38
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

Hammered or ribbed / teased?? There's a difference. I teased about the flag all day long, but it was in good fun. Let's not get thin skinned here.
Old 01-02-2009   #39
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

My Niner wife and I will be there for the San Fran game come Hell or high water. I'm about to start looking for a Niner shirt for her and a Texan shirt for me with enough room under the logo's to say prominently "I'm with stupid ---->."

The game could be 11 months away but we are already looking forward to seeing the Blue Crew and anyone else we can see.

Old 01-02-2009   #40
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:

I have NOT EVER, nor will I EVER, treat an opposing teams fan with anything other than respect. I know NOTHING about any damn flag incident, nor do I care if they fly their flags in the parking lot! I am not an i*iot, I know there will always be opposing teams fans in the Bullpen, and I deal with them in a friendly manner. It is NONE OF MY BUSINESS if our DIEHARD TEXAN fans invite or sell their tickets to opposing teams fans. Go for it, it's YOUR ticket to do with as you please. As for me, if I have extra tickets I either GIVE them, or sell them, to TEXAN fans. We've had this argument to many times before, and I don't care what anyone else does with their tickets. Did it set well with me seeing Bearman and his friend on the third row of the Bullpen?? Hell no, but, I left it alone and treated them with fun and respect. I've learned to adjust, simply because my friendship with those of you who do sell, or give, your tickets to opposing teams fans, is more important than continuing this difference in opinion.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read