Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-06-2008   #1
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2009 schedule?

I know that we will be playing the AFC east next year which is Buffalo, miami, jets, and New England.

and we will be playing the NFC west which is the seahawks, rams, cardinals, and 49ers, what I am not sure of is which games will be home games and which will be away games.

looking at the 2006 schedule it looks like;
Buffalo will be away
New england home
Jets home
Miami away

Looking at the 2005 schedule
Seattle at home
rams away
arizonia away
49ers home

not sure if his is correct
but we should have a fairly decent schedule but I was looking at what away games would be worth checking out.
Buffalo looks like might be fun, not sure about the miami game.
arizona might be decent i guess.
Old 12-06-2008   #2
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2009 schedule?

I was thinking about it this morning, I worked out we'd be playing the NFC West but couldn't remember the AFC division.
Cant believe that it will be the East as it doesn't seem that long ago we got spanked in New England and let Lee Evans loose at reliant.
I think your right about the home games for the AFC East teams..
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #3
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget that we will play either Cleveland or Cincinatti, and either Oakland or Kansas City, as well.

I feel pretty confident that the Texans will finish ahead of Jacksonville this year so that means the Texans will play the Third place teams of the AFC North and AFC West. I'm equally confident that the Browns will finish ahead of the Bengals.

The only question I have is will the Chiefs pass the Raiders. I think they will. Although they are 2-10 right now, they lost many close games this year and they should be competitive in their remaining schedule. For instance,the Chiefs opponent this weekend is Denver. They beat Denver earlier this year 33-19, so I'd have to say they have a chance, even though this one is on the road. Next they have the Chargers, a team they lost to 20-19 earlier this year in San Diego. Then they host the Dolphins, and finally the finish on the road with the lowly Bengals. While I don't see the Chiefs winning all 4 of their remaining games, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 2 games.

Meanwhile, I doubt the 3-10 Raiders will win another game with the Patriots followed by the Texans scheduled to play in Oakland, and finally finishing up in Tampa Bay.
Old 12-06-2008   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here ya go.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/2009opponents.asp
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #5
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

cheers
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I think that has to be one of the easiest schedules I've seen the Texans have in awhile!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #7
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
Wow, I think that has to be one of the easiest schedules I've seen the Texans have in awhile!

If those teams we're playing play like they have played in recent years then yeah it should be a decent schedule. But, some of these teams can pull a miami next year. I don't forsee any of the afc teams being " easy " wins. Patriots will have Tom Brady back, Jets have gotten alot of wind back in their sails, Miami has doubled their win ratio already, and Buffalo has shown flashes that they are a good team.
in the NFC I don't see why would lose a game but hell it is possible. It'll be an exciting schedule to say the least with only a few games that I would consider "tough".
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2008   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

HOME

New England
New York
San Francisco
Seattle
AFC W (currently Oakland)

ROAD

Buffalo
Miami
Arizona
St. Louis
AFC N (currently Cleveland)

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #9
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
If those teams we're playing play like they have played in recent years then yeah it should be a decent schedule. But, some of these teams can pull a miami next year. I don't forsee any of the afc teams being " easy " wins. Patriots will have Tom Brady back, Jets have gotten alot of wind back in their sails, Miami has doubled their win ratio already, and Buffalo has shown flashes that they are a good team.
in the NFC I don't see why would lose a game but hell it is possible. It'll be an exciting schedule to say the least with only a few games that I would consider "tough".
Yeah, you never know in the NFL. Maybe we can be the team to make the move next year.

Old 12-06-2008   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll definitely look forward to the Niners paying us a visit!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #11
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'll definitely look forward to the Niners paying us a visit!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!
Me too, I was a big time Niners fan as a kid. They were my NFC team, and plus Cowgirls fans hated them so I loved em'.

Old 12-07-2008   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
Me too, I was a big time Niners fan as a kid. They were my NFC team, and plus Cowgirls fans hated them so I loved em'.
Same here James! I've always had a competitive streak and all three of my brothers hated the NINERS, so I had no choice but to pull for them. lol Thus was born my passion for my fav team in the NFC. At one time in my life I had as much Niner stuff around my house as I did Oiler. The only time I pull against them is when they play my home team. Knowing Cowgirl fans hated them made it that much easier to love them so much. Years back, I went to see a Cowgirl/Niner game in the toilet bowl, wore a Niner jersey, an Oiler jacket, and screamed my butt off for the Niners. Thought I was gonna get thrown out of the place! Fun memories being a Niner fan, back in the day. The past few years, just like our Texans, they have caused a lot of groans. My dream is to see a Texan/Niner SB.
Old 12-07-2008   #13
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

You never know how tough a schedule is till the END of the year
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #14
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like we get the Raiders at home and the Bengals in Cincy to round out the 09 schedule.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #15
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

HOME

New England
New York Jets
San Francisco
Seattle
Oakland
Indy
Jax
Possum Holler

ROAD

Buffalo
Miami
Arizona
St. Louis
Cincinnatti
Indy
Jax
Possum Holler

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Well, count me stupid if ya want, but, I don't see that as a "gimme" schedule. Could be a pretty tough one the way I see it. Our division is always tough, and always a "on any given Sunday" sort of thing. The Niners, Jets, Bills, Fins, and Cards are teams that are steadly improving and showing lots of promise for next year. The Raiders have some good tools to play with, just need some "fixer" positions. They sure as hell showed us a thing or two a week or so ago. If NE gets Brady back, they just might get a renewed passion and compete again. Seattle and the Bengals are in that "I just don't know" catagory. Can't predict these things a year ahead of time anyway. Who in a million years would have thought the meatballs would be leading the NFL this year?!

I have ONE wish for the New Year, and that is for the meatballs from Possum Holler to lose their first playoff game!!
Old 12-29-2008   #17
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Da Raidahs!

My kids love raider fan...lol
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #18
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
HOME

New England
New York Jets
San Francisco
Seattle
Oakland
Indy
Jax
Possum Holler

ROAD

Buffalo
Miami
Arizona
St. Louis
Cincinnatti
Indy
Jax
Possum Holler
oooh, Seattle...
Damnit, wish I didn't have that much class.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #19
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope we play Buffalo early in the season. The clips I saw of yesterday's game made Green Bay in Dec. look like a walk in the park.
Old 12-30-2008   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I just hope we play Buffalo early in the season. The clips I saw of yesterday's game made Green Bay in Dec. look like a walk in the park.
Hummmmmmm! Buffalo in Dec! Definitely something to think about, if it happens!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read