Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-04-2005   #1
Doom Capers
Veteran

Default Trade our 1st pick for.....

One of those beastly o lineman from the Cheifs. They could use 2 first round picks to help their defense and we could use a lineman. Or maybe trade our first round pick for a good center, like Mawae. I don't know, it is just a thought. What do you guys think?
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont see trading away a #1 for a lineman . The other options (Free Agency and Drafting a Lineman) are in general more cap friendly . There just isnt much player movement via trades in the NFL anymore mainly because of the cap .
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that I wouldnt complain if we traded draft picks for some good Olinemen. The team is gonna be treading water until that Oline is fixed.. I would find it pretty pointless to draft new talent for the team when you arent going to go ANYWHERE until the Oline is fixed.

Fix the line at ANY cost.

EDIT** Also, if you were gonna trade away draft picks.. this is the year to do it :P. Bad draft class for our needs. its all RBs and Olinemen. we dont need young Olinemen.. we need immediate impact.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #4
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
EDIT** Also, if you were gonna trade away draft picks.. this is the year to do it :P. Bad draft class for our needs. its all RBs and Olinemen. we dont need young Olinemen.. we need immediate impact.
Good point, but knowing our staff, they will draft young o-lineman.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12713 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

How about we trade Gary Walker for an O lineman and pick up a DE in free agency or the draft.
Old 01-04-2005   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
One of those beastly o lineman from the Cheifs. They could use 2 first round picks to help their defense and we could use a lineman. Or maybe trade our first round pick for a good center, like Mawae. I don't know, it is just a thought. What do you guys think?
I don't think I would trade 2 number 1s for an o-lineman, but I would not be adverse to doing some sort of horse trading to get GOOD o-lineman.

By the way, wasn't Mawae one of those that are supposedly the most OVERRATED players.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #7
SESupergenius

I like Walker, he's a bit mouthy but at least he brings some fire to the defense. I think part of his problem is that he is left on an island to be double teamed. We need to blitz more on his side using the 2 lb's on that side. I've seen many blitzes on 3rd down this year that were very successfull, but there were few and far between in being called.
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2005   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12713 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am just going by memory and could be wrong on this but Robaire and Seth were the 2 D linemen I remember making plays, I don't remember Gary making a play at all, but I am probably wrong, like I said I am going by my memory alone.
Old 01-04-2005   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary has ony 1/2 of a sack for the year. Not real good. His tackle output is lower than the other guys also.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

OK, then I wasn't wrong. I have a really bad feeling we might get Boselli'ed with the Walker contract.
Old 01-04-2005   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
OK, then I wasn't wrong.
I think he was backing you up 279.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #12
Bayern
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Gary has ony 1/2 of a sack for the year. Not real good. His tackle output is lower than the other guys also.
Isn't it half of a sack in the past two years?? Thought I read that somewhere.
Bayern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #13
texan279
Hall of Fame

I know he was, read my first post again, I wasn't 100% sure of myself. I was just telling myself I wasn't wrong.
Old 01-04-2005   #14
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Isn't it half of a sack in the past two years?? Thought I read that somewhere.
25 tackles and .5 sack in the last 2 seasons combined...
Old 01-04-2005   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
...I have a really bad feeling we might get Boselli'ed with the Walker contract.
Anyone feel this to become a future word for the Texans language?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

For some reason, that word popped into my head when talking about the Gary Walker situation, I hope I am wrong though.
Old 01-04-2005   #17
SESupergenius

Bosellli'ed = To amass huge amounts of debt without ever seeing the product you purchased.

At least with Walker we are seeing something? Where are the guys now that said getting Walker, Payne and Boselli was great deal?
Old 01-04-2005   #18
texan279
Hall of Fame

We are the ones who gave Walker that huge amount of money though.
Old 01-04-2005   #19
SESupergenius

WEll of course we did, but he is playing. Can't say that ever for Boselli. Big difference.
Old 01-04-2005   #20
texan279
Hall of Fame

If you call what he does playing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read