Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2008   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Get this....

Look I play Madden '09 I'm sure all ya'll do but play all-madden level and yet the Texans have won the Super Bowl after Super Bowl. Now I know we are good but damn seems like we should be way better off than we are right now.

I've been in BCT and AIT for the army ain't really got to watch the games if you've been to basic or bootcamp then you know what I mean. But I figured that we would at least make playoffs at the very least.

I knew Green would be injured again but Schaub too aww man come on I say draft Daniels from Mizzou or another QB this season is the perfect season to draft a descent QB outta the draft. Thats another story.

As for Kubiak I was there for 'em in the don't get rid of Carr thing but he has to think smarter this draft our defense is tight just our secondary needs some work but hey need a good quality QB this go round. One everybody agrees on (yea right) and that has good mobiling skills as well, that would be nice.

Other than that I'm back and livin it up in Ft. Knox, KY so bring on the neg rep GuerillaBlack I know you want to.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #2
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31195 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get this....

I did not get that.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #3
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
I did not get that.
Hilarious.....this time getta QB in the draft thats all, Daniels preferably.
Old 12-05-2008   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think drafting has been our problem. We've made some great draft choices in the Kubiak era:

Mario, Demeco, Eric Winston, Owen Daniels, Steve Slaton.

And some good draft choices in the Kubiak era:

David Anderson, Fred Bennett, Jacoby Jones, Xavier Adibi

And some draft choices that the jury should still be out on:

Duane Brown, Amobi Okoye, Antwaun Molden, Frank Okam, Dominique Barber, Brandon Harrison.

That's not very many misses over 3 drafts.

No, the problem is not the draft, we have a problem in free agency and in trades: Ahman Green, Chris Brown, Rosevelt Colvin, Anthony Weaver, Eric Moulds. We've gotten a couple of good players Kevin Walter, Vonta Leach... um... but most of the guys we've gotten in free agency or via trades haven't worked out or haven't worked out like we'd have liked.

But overall, I think that this team is head and shoulders talent-wise above the team that Kubiak inherited. And I don't think our problem is talent, even with the missteps in trades and free agency.

I think the problem is our defensive coordinator. I think we have sufficient talent on the defensive side of the ball to play well.

Last edited by The Pencil Neck; 12-05-2008 at 05:09 PM. Reason: left out a word and changed some things
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #5
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Yea but no QB yet you know?! But look this is really a good year for QB hell even Tebow....maybe?! What ya'll think? QB?
Old 12-05-2008   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Hilarious.....this time getta QB in the draft thats all, Daniels preferably.
Chase Daniel has been exposed ever since the Oklahoma St game.

No thanks.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #7
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

I mean Schaub remains ranked 10th in the league with a quarterback rating of 91.0 which is good, sixth in the league in passing (251.7 yards per game). In the month of October, he put together one of the best stretches of any quarterback in the league as he helped the Texans string together three-consecutive victories. In his seven starts this year, he has passed for 10 touchdowns and rushed for two yet hee also has eight interceptions and three lost fumbles.

The main issue for Schaub the past two seasons has been simply staying on the field. This season, he hasnt started more than four consecutive games. The team is hoping he can pick up where he left off in October and string together four strong performances to finish out this season.

Kubes said, I think any time you play its important to your future, but hes a young quarterback with not a lot of starts under his belt and has done some very good things but has gone through the injury bug, and you can learn to play through that. Its something that hes got to do and prove to everybody he can do and play good football along the way.

Schaub is 7-11 as a starter the past two years. This week he will try to earn his first win on the road since Sept. 16, 2006. He is 0-9 in road starts since then, and the Texans realize they need a win.

No look we NEED a QB drafted this offseason period.
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2008   #8
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 606 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Chase Daniel is too short. Think Troy Smith from 2 years ago out of Ohio State. Sure there have been some decent short QB's but not many, it just doesn't translate to the NFL. And Tebow is a..to use a worn out phrase, a poor mans Vince Young, and that's not good.
Old 12-05-2008   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea but no QB yet you know?! But look this is really a good year for QB hell even Tebow....maybe?! What ya'll think? QB?
I'm not ready to give up on Schaub, yet.

However, that doesn't mean that I'm against drafting a QB early on (2nd to 4th round) to groom to take over in a couple of years (or sooner) if Schaub doesn't get it together.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #10
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Yea Schaub is still us but you know seriously this draft we should getta GOOD pick as goes for our future QB you know hell it could be a no namer nobody knows but still shows that he's a competitor at whatever school he comes from.

Or not even that better yet be somebody from just a walk-on QB wind up being bad ass that would be awesome.
Old 12-05-2008   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look I play Madden '09 I'm sure all ya'll do but play all-madden level and yet the Texans have won the Super Bowl after Super Bowl. Now I know we are good but damn seems like we should be way better off than we are right now.

I've been in BCT and AIT for the army ain't really got to watch the games if you've been to basic or bootcamp then you know what I mean. But I figured that we would at least make playoffs at the very least.

I knew Green would be injured again but Schaub too aww man come on I say draft Daniels from Mizzou or another QB this season is the perfect season to draft a descent QB outta the draft. Thats another story.

As for Kubiak I was there for 'em in the don't get rid of Carr thing but he has to think smarter this draft our defense is tight just our secondary needs some work but hey need a good quality QB this go round. One everybody agrees on (yea right) and that has good mobiling skills as well, that would be nice.

Other than that I'm back and livin it up in Ft. Knox, KY so bring on the neg rep GuerillaBlack I know you want to.

Quote:
I mean Schaub remains ranked 10th in the league with a quarterback rating of 91.0 which is good, sixth in the league in passing (251.7 yards per game). In the month of October, he put together one of the best stretches of any quarterback in the league as he helped the Texans string together three-consecutive victories. In his seven starts this year, he has passed for 10 touchdowns and rushed for two yet hee also has eight interceptions and three lost fumbles.

The main issue for Schaub the past two seasons has been simply staying on the field. This season, he hasnt started more than four consecutive games. The team is hoping he can pick up where he left off in October and string together four strong performances to finish out this season.

Kubes said, I think any time you play its important to your future, but hes a young quarterback with not a lot of starts under his belt and has done some very good things but has gone through the injury bug, and you can learn to play through that. Its something that hes got to do and prove to everybody he can do and play good football along the way.

Schaub is 7-11 as a starter the past two years. This week he will try to earn his first win on the road since Sept. 16, 2006. He is 0-9 in road starts since then, and the Texans realize they need a win.

No look we NEED a QB drafted this offseason period.
It's like reading two different posters.

I'm so confused.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
Chase Daniel is too short. Think Troy Smith from 2 years ago out of Ohio State. Sure there have been some decent short QB's but not many, it just doesn't translate to the NFL. And Tebow is a..to use a worn out phrase, a poor mans Vince Young, and that's not good.
Except Tebow can...you know...pass the ball
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #13
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm sorry my eyes kind of went crossed and you lost me somewhere at the beginning with madden. Can someone ummm "explain"
Old 12-06-2008   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And Tebow is a..to use a worn out phrase, a poor mans Vince Young, and that's not good.
You sure Young isn't a poor man's Tebow?
Old 12-06-2008   #15
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 606 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You sure Young isn't a poor man's Tebow?

Yeah I think you may be right.
Old 12-06-2008   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Flutie was short.
Drew Brees IS short.
So is Jeff Garcia.

Its not what they look like. Its can they PLAY?
Personally, I'd give Troy Smith a shot if Baltimore ever let him go.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #17
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Flutie was short.
Drew Brees IS short.
So is Jeff Garcia.

Its not what they look like. Its can they PLAY?
Personally, I'd give Troy Smith a shot if Baltimore ever let him go.
I would too because he'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than drafting tebow in the 1st round (No way does that happen).

Honestly, unless Bradford and McCoy come out in the draft, I think somebody is going to reach for Graham Harrell and Matthew Stafford. I really don't feel comfortable drafting either one of those two players in the first with the premier talent at LB in the draft pool. I just hope some of the safeties in the draft turn out to be halfway decent because we need one of those too.

Or a DE.
Or a CB (maybe).
Old 12-06-2008   #18
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring in an old vet at qb and let him control the game and for god's sake CALL AUDIBLES. Look at most of the playoff teams this year and the qb's that they have. Kerry Collins, Brett Favre, Gus Frerotte, Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner...

Get us a durable vet and let him manage games.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Bring in an old vet at qb and let him control the game and for god's sake CALL AUDIBLES. Look at most of the playoff teams this year and the qb's that they have. Kerry Collins, Brett Favre, Gus Frerotte, Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner...

Get us a durable vet and let him manage games.
QB's available in FA

Kurt Warner - Will probably be extended by the Cardinals if he doesn't retire. Will not help or mentor a young QB.
Matt Cassel - Fools gold. I think NE is going to try to figure out a way to deal him for draft picks. I'm wary of this guy
Kyle Orton - Will be re-signed by the bears. I would guaruntee this.
Jeff Garcia - almost 40 years old. I think retirement is just as much of an option as him getting re-signed.
Rex Grossman - lol
Kyle Boller - No freaking way.
JP Losman - interesting as long as he doesn't cost ANYTHING AT ALL.

So yeah, I think in all honesty Cassel, Grossman, Boller and Losman actually make it into Free Agency (Although with Cassel, you don't know. NE is pretty shrewd sometimes). Cassel would probably be the obvious superior talent, however, I would rather watch from afar to see if his game translates to another team. The other guys, I'd just rather have Schaub to be honest.
Old 12-06-2008   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Bring in an old vet at qb and let him control the game and for god's sake CALL AUDIBLES.
They do call audibles but you are never going to see a ton with a Shanahan/Kubiak team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read