Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2008   #1
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Our wr's vs. Gb cb's

I would say that andre may not go past 50 yards recieving "but" C Dub is moving to safety as he played last week vs carolina. So they move trimond williams to base with Al Harris on the other. Al H. is a beast also I seen him PANCAKE mike flurry from detroit on a bump n run. I seen trimond get beat a couple of times this year, i aint worried bout him vs. walter.

oh yeah since they lost Nick Barnett they have not been good against the run.

I expect a good running performance
http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2008/12/03/1/
link for charles woodson movin to safety^

Last edited by D-Frank; 12-03-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: dum
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our wr's vs. Gb cb's

That article mentions a few Packers among the high vote-getters in their positions. Do we know that info for our players?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 21772 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

The only way Andre doesn't go past 50 yards is if Rosencopter/Schaub don't throw to him.
Old 12-03-2008   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'm not concerned about our WRs against any CBs. It's the QBs I'm concerned about.
Old 12-03-2008   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i'm concerned about their WR's against our CB's
Old 12-03-2008   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i'm concerned about their WR's against our CB's
LOL, that too.
Old 12-03-2008   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Woodson will be on Dre, Harris will probably be on K-dub, and I'm not sure who they would have cover Daniels, and who would cover Slaton. Their secondary is the best in the league, but I think they'll make more plays on the QB than they will make plays on our WR's/TE's/Slaton.

I'm more interested in how Mario handles their offensive line. If Rogers starts having to throw while under fire we can easily force a few picks.
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2008   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well both of there CB are deff smaller then AJ so he can deff push them around but there much faster

so short passes and slants to aj should be the gameplan AJ muscle them up on the get go breakaway then catch

QB real quick two step drop throws
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #9
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18944 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

GB's secondary is far from infallible:

C. Johnson 6 129 2 47
M. Austin 2 115 1 63
R. White 8 132 1 37
L. Moore 5 115 2 70
M. Colston 1 70 1 70
S. Smith 4 105 0 54

I'm not worried. At all.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #10
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i think our offense will do pretty well against them. i think i'm worried about a shootout. i'd love to see the defense put up another decent week. if they finish the season playing as well as they have in the last two weeks i'd be curious to see if there is a coaching change after all. I KNOW.. all of you want Smith fired. But I'm curious to see us against a fairly prolific offense like GB.

wish i knew what was going on behind the closed doors of HT. Maybe Smith has already been stripped of his duties and somebody else is calling the shots? We'll never know. I have said it before and I'll say it again, don't be suprised if Smith returns for a fourth season if the defense continues to play the way they have the last two weeks!

Go Texans.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #11
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I think the X factor here is how Slaton runs in the frozen tundra. If the running game is hitting on all cylinders it will make Schaub's return that much easier and will open up the bootlegs/play action.
Old 12-04-2008   #12
stiff
Rookie

Woodson and Harris I believe are both in the top 5 or 6 in the league for Interceptions.

The curious thing will be how does Shaub's knee respond in the cold weather is he going to be slowed due to the weather and is that going to give Kampman extra time to get after Shaub.
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #13
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be too worried about us passing a ton. Supposed to be like 15 degrees...I'm worried about how the run game works, how our defense responds to the cold. I'd expect our big time TE OD to have a better game than any reciever.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #14
stiff
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I wouldn't be too worried about us passing a ton. Supposed to be like 15 degrees...I'm worried about how the run game works, how our defense responds to the cold. I'd expect our big time TE OD to have a better game than any reciever.
Agree plus he will want to make an impression getting to play in front of his family and everyone that watched him play at Wisci.
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I would send wide receivers deep every play and hope our TEs and slots could catch a few within 1-15 yards. I expect our kicker and ST to play an important role in this win. I am concerned we will have more turn overs than ever. As the field is heated, if there is any sleet or snow to melt it will make the field very slippery and that will effect Slaton, JJ, Davis and AJ. Maybe we will see some attempts by our FB?
Old 12-05-2008   #16
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

a slippy field will mean a high-scoring passing shootout
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251514 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i think our offense will do pretty well against them. i think i'm worried about a shootout. i'd love to see the defense put up another decent week. if they finish the season playing as well as they have in the last two weeks i'd be curious to see if there is a coaching change after all. I KNOW.. all of you want Smith fired. But I'm curious to see us against a fairly prolific offense like GB.

wish i knew what was going on behind the closed doors of HT. Maybe Smith has already been stripped of his duties and somebody else is calling the shots? We'll never know. I have said it before and I'll say it again, don't be suprised if Smith returns for a fourth season if the defense continues to play the way they have the last two weeks!

Go Texans.

And you know what? If they played all of 2009 the way they've played the last two weeks then I wouldn't be particularly upset about that. My problem is that I know they'll start the year out like the timid little weenies they were for the first 10 weeks of this season (and last season, and the one before that). I'm the biggest "FIRE RICHARD SMITH" guy you'll find but all I want is a defense that plays hard every week.
Old 12-05-2008   #18
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see a fade route with AJ, IF Schaub could actually get the ball out there far enough to have the ball end up in front of AJ as opposed to behind him to better give him the chance to make a play instead of giving the cb the upperhand and making AJ be the one intercepting.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
I'd like to see a fade route with AJ, IF Schaub could actually get the ball out there far enough to have the ball end up in front of AJ as opposed to behind him to better give him the chance to make a play instead of giving the cb the upperhand and making AJ be the one intercepting.
There are just certain throws that Schaub doesn't have the arm strength for. I don't think a deep fade or deep outs are in Schaub's future.
Old 12-05-2008   #20
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I do like Schaub when he stays healthy, but I don't think he'll ever be able to make that throw. That's why the "if he could actually" part.

I think it might possibly work if he did a 3 step drop and just slung it out there hoping that AJ could get there in time. AJ could pull it off IMO, even with the safety there.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read