Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: The People v. Kubiak and Smith - you decide
Gary Kubiak is Guilty 4 6.35%
Richard Smith is Guilty 47 74.60%
Messrs. Kubiak and Smith are both Guilty 12 19.05%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2009   #21
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56079 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The People versus Kubiak and Smith - 2nd Degree Murder of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
this is kind of my thinking as well. my question is similar to yours, if the defense continues to play well throughout the remainder of the season, i wouldn't be surprised if he remains our DC. honestly, i wouldn't be opposed either. all i want is to win football games. if the defense improves and develop some consistency and we stop turning the ball over and win some football games then i'm perfectly happy with smith as the DC. but consistency has to happen. in my eyes he's still on probation. so long as the defense continues to improve. every game since detroit they have looked better except for the Minnisota game and the Indy game. and in those games they looked good for a half. that's progress in my book. i'm not saying keep him. i'm saying i wouldn't be surprised if we do.
Barrett,

except for my thoughts on Studdard, Amobi Okoye, and David Carr early in '06, and possibly my world view, perhaps you should listen to me when I tell you something emphaticly! Just because something is popular, doesn't mean it aint' good!... see "Dancing With Wolves", "Forrest Gump", "Meat", and "Fire Richard Smith Threads"!
dalemurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009   #22
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56079 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Barrett,

except for my thoughts on Studdard, Amobi Okoye, and David Carr early in '06, and possibly my world view, perhaps you should listen to me when I tell you something emphaticly! Just because something is popular, doesn't mean it aint' good!... see "Dancing With Wolves", "Forrest Gump", "Meat", and "Fire Richard Smith Threads"!
oh yeah, and Seinfeld!
dalemurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009   #23
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

+10 for op for using Messrs. instead of Mr's.
Old 11-20-2009   #24
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Barrett,

Is it Monday yet?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
+10 for op for using Messrs. instead of Mr's.
When I lived on a farm as a kid, we had some hogs that were messers and my job was to use a garden hose to wash the mess off.
Old 11-21-2009   #26
ToxicButt
Rookie

Rep Power: 140 ToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow - considering how infrequently I post here, I'm amazed to see this old thread.

It's probably one of the three that I have ever started here.
ToxicButt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read