Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2005   #1
TexansFan#80
Rookie

Post Looking to Next Year

In 2005, the Texans will host the Cardinals, Rams, Browns, Steelers and Chiefs in addition to their division opponents. Houston will travel to Seattle, San Francisco, Baltimore, Cincinnati and Buffalo in addition to their division trips.

Home

Cards - Win
Rams - Loss (close game)
Browns - Win
Steelers - Loss
Chiefs - Win
Colts - Loss
Jags - Win
Titans - Win

Away

Seahawks - Win
49'ers - Win
Ravens - Loss
Bengals - Win
Bills - Loss
Colts - Loss
Jags - Win
Titans - Win

I'm thinking the Texans got 10-6 and do make a trip to the post season. This is just my optimistic opinion. What do you guys think?
TexansFan#80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #2
pek281
Rookie

Rep Power: 18 pek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden cover

I only see 8 wins there.
pek281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Umm..I'll wait till training camp to make predictions.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #4
AndreJ
All Pro

I was gonna make a thread just like this but i thought it might be to early to start predicting for next season. I want to atleast wait and see how the drafts go and see what teams makes big FA transactions in the offseason. Having a look at the preseason games would help too to get a better ideal.

Im gonna hold off for now.
Old 01-03-2005   #5
Txnpride
Veteran

Ill take it!!!!
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #6
MIGHTYTEX
Veteran

I would like to see 9-7 but would be content with 8-8
Old 01-03-2005   #7
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default I'm feeling good about next season....

I don't want to sound like some of the other crying fans out there, because I think we have a lot in place for the future, with the exception of the O-line and O-coordinator. I think both will be addressed in the offseason!!! Here's my prediction!

Home

Cards - Win
Rams - win
Browns - Win
Steelers - Loss
Chiefs - loss
Colts -win (Finally get one against Indy!!!, due to Manning being injured)
Jags - Win
Titans - Win

Away

Seahawks - Loss
49'ers - Win
Ravens - win
Bengals - Win
Bills - Loss
Colts - Loss
Jags - Win
Titans - loss

10-6 season, and the Texans get there first playoff appearance! Carr goes over 4,000 yards passing and 25TD, Davis 1,300 yards rushing, Johnson 1,350 and 10 TD's Robinson gets a pro bowl nod, and Peek leads the team in sacks with 11!!
Old 01-03-2005   #8
Anishin
Rookie

Damn, that looks like another tough schedule, when do we get the easy one? I remember I first and second year we had one of the hardest schedules, haven't seen to much on the breakdown on winning percentages of our opponents in year 3.
Anishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

11-5 is a possibility. No worse than 9-7.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #10
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

I think it will work out just fine we should make the right moves in the off season and come back really strong,remember we have gotten better every year(W/L) there is no reason to believe next year will be any different.

By the way.Do you guys like my new avatar?
Old 01-03-2005   #11
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Predicting results this early before free agency and the draft is kinda meaningless, but since there isn't anything better to do I will take a stab.

HOME

Cards - Win - They should be improved in Green's second year, but not that much
Rams - Win - As long as Martz is their coach, they will underachieve
Browns - Win - Revenge will be sweet
Steelers - Loss - I think this could be a win, but we will probably lose a game we shouldn't
Chiefs - Win - The Chiefs will be better next year, but not good enough
Colts - Win - This will be a Battle Red Day.
Jags - Win - We will hold serve against the Jaguars
Titans - Win - The Titans will have another down year

AWAY

Seahawks - Win - They are going to lose some talent this offseason
49'ers - Win - They are now one of the worst franchises
Ravens - Loss - Could be a win if the Ravens don't find an offense
Bengals - Win - We owe this team, and I think Palmer is going to flop
Bills - Loss - We've already won a game here, it will be hard to repeat
Colts - Loss - They are too tough for us in their dome
Jags - Loss - The Jags hold serve
Titans - Win - The Titans will be in last again

Add it up and it's an optimistic 11-5. 10-6 is more realistic
7-1 at home
4-4 on the road

I think next year the Texans are going to make winning at home even more of an emphasis. Playoff teams usually mop up at home and play .500 or better on the road. A home record of at least 6-2 should be the goal next year.

The Texans have actually been a pretty good road team. Not one of the better teams in the league, mind you, but one that can win in some pretty tough places. Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Miami, and Kansas City are some of the toughest venues in the NFL and the Texans have won at all four of them. Of the Texans 16 all time wins, 8 of them have been on the road. And we went 4-4 on the road this year, so expecting to do the same next year is realistic.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #12
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I think depending on who we get in the draft and FA, we could do as good as 12-4, but thats being very optimistic, I expect at east 9-7.
Old 01-03-2005   #13
texansfan88
All Pro

we can go 0-16, we can go 16-0

it is WAYYYYYYY too early to predict anything. It's going to be a long offseason for you already predicting
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #14
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is incredibly hilarious.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #15
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
Are you saying something positive, whoa!

It is to early to predict anything but my expectations are 10 wins next year. This year was 7-8.
Shocked me too.
Old 01-03-2005   #16
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn this thread came out a few months too early. I guess I'll take Superbowl. All the way baby!
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

The playoffs & 10-6, maybe 11-5. Wow, what optimists ! Look how we struggled this year to win 7. And those 7 wins included sweeping 2 of our division rivals - how often do you think that will happen ? Sorry, but I just don't think we are 1 or 2 guys away from being a playoff team. This team has
to make more than just marginal improvement. And it has to have some
kind of con sistancy. Oh, we'll get better thru the draft, but so will everyone
else. And after yesterday we're gonna win in double digits next year ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the teams we have to play in 05 we will have a good season at 9 wins. Haven't exactly been bullet proof at home.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #19
TEAL CURTAIN
Rookie

Wow you guy's haven't had a winning season yet but based on these predictions you may go to super bowl!!!! Based on the B***H SLAPPING the BROWNS admimistered to you yesterday I think you'll be fighting the TITANS for the basement once again.

Last edited by TEAL CURTAIN; 01-04-2005 at 12:10 AM.
TEAL CURTAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005   #20
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAL CURTAIN
Wow you guy's haven't had a winning season yet but based on these predictions you may go to super bowl!!!! Based on the B***H SLAPPING the BROWNS admimistered to you yesterday I think you'll be fighting the TITANS for the basement once again.
2-0
41-6

Shoo fly.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read