Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2008   #1
Texans_Fan59
Rookie

Default Jacoby Jones.. Wildcat?

i Know it only happened once, but how many of you all were freaked out..
Texans_Fan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #2
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones.. Wildcat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Fan59 View Post
Yeah..throw that play away and throw it away now.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Fan59 View Post

I was coming unglued over that stupid, ill-advised attempt at getting cute. Sometimes I just wonder what in the hell these people are thinking. The players trying to execute that play looked like they had no idea what was supposed to happen.
Old 12-02-2008   #4
BuffaloglennTX
Rookie

Rep Power: 23 BuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I was coming unglued over that stupid, ill-advised attempt at getting cute. Sometimes I just wonder what in the hell these people are thinking. The players trying to execute that play looked like they had no idea what was supposed to happen.
I can see using Jacoby on a reverse or something but taking the snap did not look natural, for anyone on the field at that time. Maybe McNair stepped in and said "everyone else is doing it". LOL
BuffaloglennTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #5
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

At least they only tried it once and threw it away. Nothing too terrible happened so it's not as bad as it could of been. I like trying it once, see if you could get a big play, but thats the end of the "wild bull"
Old 12-02-2008   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109917 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I was cursing the formation as soon as I saw we lined up in it...I mean, we were runnnig fine at the time. Why get so friggin' cute? Why try to be the smartest guy in the room all the time? Snap the ball to Jacoby and turn this into a punt return? Come on. I thought it was kinda weak that we only ran this formation on MNF....to me it looks like the OC wanted to appear innovative, up to date and trendy. I kinda thought the opposite.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #7
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

That was probably the first trick play of the Kubiak era. He NEVER does anything like that. I bet it was a Kyle Shanahan move. LOL
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2008   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yea we tried it once i didnt work so we didnt try it no more can knock them for one tricky play

but the two quick step back throw to aj on the side plays where dumb IMO one was a reverse pass i think and u cant do that

ok we got slaton we had moats why i didnt see no hand offs or dumps and dinks to them whould have been much smarter

heck i know we Never do this but let slaton block and leech run down hill thats a more positive tricky play IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh... Just the "Play D'jour".

Try it once. It sucked. Scrap it...
Old 12-02-2008   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's better than all those fake reverses we ran with Walter early in the season.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #11
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I was cursing the formation as soon as I saw we lined up in it...I mean, we were runnnig fine at the time. Why get so friggin' cute? Why try to be the smartest guy in the room all the time? Snap the ball to Jacoby and turn this into a punt return? Come on.
And his mamma was in the wrong friggin' end zone to boot. That play had zero chance.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #12
Polo

I'm cool with it...Only had one real back in Slaton...Try to get other playmakers involved...que sera sera...
Old 12-02-2008   #13
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13104 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

True...I'd rather have us try it when we're dominating the game and then scrap it than try it during a close game and find out that it's crap.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Does it even count as a trick play anymore with every other team in the NFL using it?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #15
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

That was the Wild Bull, and I hope we never see it again. FAIL!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #16
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
That was the Wild Bull, and I hope we never see it again. FAIL!
Only way I would want to see it is if Slaton is running it. Supposedly he did it some at WV.
Old 12-02-2008   #17
maddogmrb
Veteran

Rep Power: 5153 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Only way I would want to see it is if Slaton is running it. Supposedly he did it some at WV.
IMO, we want some more creativity out of this team. So, it didn't work that time, the first play Mario played in probably didn't go so well either, should we have scrapped him? Perhaps they had the wrong personnel - how about running it with Owen Daniel our secret QB?
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

whatever it was, daddy please make it stop. the nfl has always been a copycat league, but this whole Wildcat trend is off the charts-stupid.
Old 12-02-2008   #19
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
IMO, we want some more creativity out of this team. So, it didn't work that time, the first play Mario played in probably didn't go so well either, should we have scrapped him? Perhaps they had the wrong personnel - how about running it with Owen Daniel our secret QB?
Bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #20
LZ
Veteran

Rep Power: 5396 LZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I'm in total disagreement. I, for one, am a proponent of getting creating and thinking outside the box. The direct snap has worked for many teams around the league and in college football. Just because J-Ville snuffed it out the one time it was run you want the Texans to throw it away? I don't. I want Kubiak to be willing to take some chances from time to time. I hope the play getting stuffed wasn't too much of a deterrent because, as a punt returner, Jacoby should be able to make some things happen out of that formation.
LZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read