Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will The Texans upset the Packers at Lameau on Sunday?
Yes. The Texans pound the Packers and win on the road. 28 68.29%
No. But the Texans keep it close and the Packers do not cover the spread. 7 17.07%
No. The Texans freeze up on the frozen tundra and the Packers cover at home. 6 14.63%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2008   #1
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11948 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Early Line: Packers by 6 over the Texans at Lambeau field

The Texan's looked strong against the Jaguars on Monday Night Football last night. Now it's off to the great white North to play the Favreless Green Bay Packers, who have lost three of their last four games. The bookmakers like the Packers at home by 6 points:

http://covers.usatoday.com/data/odds.aspx

This might be helped by the early weather report, which predicts a high temperature of 20 degrees along with a wind of 12 mph:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdet...5&from=weekend

Still, the Texans have won two in a row and five of their last eight. They might just be rounding into the form that most of us expected to start the season.

What do you think? Will the Texan's upset the Packers on Sunday? Or will the frozen tundra and the aura of historic Lambeau field prove too much for them?
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early Line: Packers by 6 over the Texans at Lambeau field

I remember when a crappy Texans team went into Soldier field 4 years ago and beat the bears on one of the coldest game days in Bears' history..........so I'm going to say the Texans will wack the pack.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 12-02-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you should have had an option for the Texans squeaking by. I don't think we'll "pound" the Packers but I think we'll steal a win. I hope we do and I'm answering the poll with my heart and not my head.
Old 12-02-2008   #4
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11948 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think you should have had an option for the Texans squeaking by. I don't think we'll "pound" the Packers but I think we'll steal a win. I hope we do and I'm answering the poll with my heart and not my head.
I guess I was thinking if the Texans win at all, that will qualify as a pounding. The Texans have really struggled on the road and Lambeau in December is not a particularly desirable venue for visiting teams. This will be a really nice win for the Texans if they can pull it off, even if it is only by one point.

If the Texans win by one point, they will have beaten the spread by seven points, so that really is pretty strong.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm having a hard time trying to convince myself the Texans will win. Do I think they can win? Heck yeah I do.

BUT, we have a short week, the game's at Lambeau, there might be a wind chill in the teens, we've been worthless on the road, we're still iffy who the QB will be and we have SmithDC.

We'd have to play a perfect game to win this one.
Old 12-02-2008   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't predict anything about the Texans anymore. I have no idea what they will do. I would not be any more suprised to see them crush the Packers any more than I would be if they lose thier frozen butts up there.

It should be Schaub's return to the offense, so hopefully that get's everyone's spirits up. Predicting the Texans is like predicting the stock market, ya just never know what it'll do 'till it does it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #7
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34587 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

We will either win a close game or get blown out.It depends is Green Bay a true playoff contender then we lose. However if Green Bay is a playoff pretender then we will expose them as frauds!The 2008 Texans THE BEST OF THE REST!
Old 12-02-2008   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel bad about voting no to the win but I have been hurt before. Especially after I thought they could make a run but instead of winning they get there butts kicked by the Vikes and lose three straight.

Until the Texans can prove they can win games they are not supposed to then there is no reason to think other wise. Especially when its against the Packers at there home.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

is slaton at least 90% who knows is moats and sapp rdy to step up

u going to need a runiing game at a cold open field like lambo

will matt play or is it sage agian these are the questions i ask my self

if there is one time to beat the packs the time is now

they lost there last 2 there farve less this game if we win will be the finally nail in the coffin mathamatically for the PS

texans will play the spoilers and even if GB winz its still not 100% there in the PS

so i say yes the texans will win and will win strong !!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'm having a hard time trying to convince myself the Texans will win. Do I think they can win? Heck yeah I do.

BUT, we have a short week, the game's at Lambeau, there might be a wind chill in the teens, we've been worthless on the road, we're still iffy who the QB will be and we have SmithDC.

We'd have to play a perfect game to win this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I feel bad about voting no to the win but I have been hurt before. Especially after I thought they could make a run but instead of winning they get there butts kicked by the Vikes and lose three straight.

Until the Texans can prove they can win games they are not supposed to then there is no reason to think other wise. Especially when its against the Packers at there home.
I like these two posts and they sum up many of my thoughts on this game. However I believe the cold could be our best friend this week. Green Bay IMO can slice our secondary and I hope I'm wrong. A cold chill could make this a Slaton win.

I'm predicting we lose a game we are suppose to lose. Please let me be wrong.
Old 12-02-2008   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147190 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the outcome of this game boils down to One thing ..... Which version of the Texans defense shows up. If its the same defense that we saw Monday night , I think the Texans win it going away. If its the defense that we saw the entire first half of the season .... the Packers win in a route.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #12
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
This might be helped by the early weather report, which predicts a high temperature of 20 degrees along with a wind of 12 mph:

The Texans have never lost a game when the temperature is below 40 degrees.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read